allergy to our laundry items and don t know how to get it back to normal

i think it didn t get dry in time. normally HG anti mold laundry product fixes the problem but symptoms are different and don t stop after using it. also tried adding vinegar and also tried cooking wash but still it remains. symptoms are sore longs (and less oxigen, headache, more difficult to walk), asthma, allergie spots at face, shortness of breath (asthma), apathic feeling, bit narrowed throat type of allergy, coughing green fluid (viral infzction), sneezing green fluid, coughing a lot

yes diagnosed viral infection for during more than a week but when i avoid those towels etcetera the symptoms disappear after about 5 hours. got antibiotics prescribed but when i put those items aside I feel like not needing the medicine.

I do use eco laundry product but it doesn t get the allergen out of it

yes diagnosed viral infection for during more than a week but when i avoid those towels etcetera the symptoms disappear after about 5 hours. got antibiotics prescribed but when i put those items aside I feel like not needing the medicine.

I do use eco laundry product but it doesn t get the allergen out of it

Throw them out or donate them!

Throw the towels and washcloths out--the fibers themselves are either the culprit or they won't let go of the culprit.

There are washing machine cleaners available that you run through a cycle to clean the whole inner workings of your machine. Use a long dryer snake to clean out the inner workings of the dryer, and don't forget the exit airways from the home. Those clog and become fire hazards.

If you don't clear the dryer airways, you could be mixing old fibers into your newer loads.

Use 'free and clear' washing products. They contain no dyes or fragrances.

While I understand that cost is an issue, you can't exactly afford to make yourself sick. Once your washer, dryer and material fibers are contaminated, using the same unclean cycles only recontaminates your stuff.

Do NOT go off your antihistamine drugs. They are designed to prevent histamine reactions. Your system is hyper-sensitized right now, and going off of the drug just because you feel better leaves you vulnerable to harsh reactions to particles that would normally not cause a reaction. Your system needs time to normalize before you can go off of antihistamines.

Do NOT go off of any antibiotics that were prescribed. Those form a chain of defense, and you need to keep the chain strong even after the symptoms subside.

Have you thought of making your own laundry detergent. I have reactions to the free and clear stuff and need to make my own. I will give you the recipe.

Laundry Detergent Recipe

3 Tablespoons Borax

3 Tablespoons Washing Soda(not baking soda)

3Tablespoons grated laundry bar soap ( I use Fels Naptha, Zote will work as well)

Combine ingredients in sauce pan with 1 quart water and heat on medium heat until bar soap is dissolved. Take off heat and let cool to room temperature. When it has cooled to room temperature pour into a 100 ounce jug or bottle and fill the rest up with water. To use the soap you have to shake the bottle. I use 1/4 cup of laundry soap along with a 1/4 cup of baking soda in the wash water. I add 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse water.

I have used this and have not had an allergic reaction to it. It does take time to make it just wanted to let you know. Hope this helps. And I hope you feel better.

Does anyone know how the mechanism of needing antibiotics for viral infection works ? I mean the pharmacist answered me it has to do with being more sensitive of the things that caused it so does it mean it is a matter of time so i can for example put those allergens aside inside a trashbag at the cellar and take more sleep and eat extra healthy and try if I can stand it within a few weeks?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived