Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Out with the old, in with the now

IAmFCA

Dear God such chaos have I brooked and such fabulous dates have I enjoyed... and yet and yet. Is it now? Not even close?

Well, okay. I've posted my pics and I've decided to actually respond sometimes. Wth, you can't swim if you don't jump in the pool.

Can't sleep a lick tonight, mostly because my brain has been working for too long. And because it's been a night of familiarity, everyone talking to everyone else until the wee hours. And the arrangements being made... Woo lawd somebody better blush up in here. But, no blushing needed at my house. Time for me to roll forward... Yes.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'm getting in on these updates, too!

Some points that really stood out for me that definitely sound like you, based on what I've gathered from reading your posts:

"ENTPs are not for everybody; they require attention and patience, but are not well-suited to extensive maintenance."

"ENTPs appreciate a deconstruction of their point rather than a blunt declarative statement."

"Although conscious of social expectations and generally polite, the act of engaging in extraverted feeling is absolutely exhausting to your ENTP. As such, they may be temperamental, argumentative, or unpredictable when they are placed in uncomfortable social situations."

Hey, I'm getting in on these updates, too!

Some points that really stood out for me that definitely sound like you, based on what I've gathered from reading your posts:

"ENTPs are not for everybody; they require attention and patience, but are not well-suited to extensive maintenance."

"ENTPs appreciate a deconstruction of their point rather than a blunt declarative statement."

"Although conscious of social expectations and generally polite, the act of engaging in extraverted feeling is absolutely exhausting to your ENTP. As such, they may be temperamental, argumentative, or unpredictable when they are placed in uncomfortable social situations."

yes!!

The reason I want my new ex to bring me for surgery is this... He won't give me extensive babying tomorrow. He insisted on being there so I know it comes from within. Otherwise, that whole babying thing really bugs me. One of my friends is like, I'll come crash on your couch, you shouldnt be alone etc etc. Maybe hes right, I dunno, I can't think of anything I would like less.

Annoying --- I totally get it. I might have to have eye surgery (and it would be outpatient). My SIL offered to drive out (4 hrs) and stay with me.

WHAT? All I need is bf to pick up/drop off and tell my trainer to take the week off.

Thank you ladies for your well wishes and understanding. Woo hoo, codeine!

Chickadeedee, I will make sure the filled scrip is in my hot little hands. MHowe, exactly.

I was thinking earlier today... hmmm, maybe I pick men who are half in, half out, because what is comfortable for me is inattentive to everyone else. I don't think so, though. I did note that the ENTP article says once attached, it is very difficult for me to break those bonds. No truer words have been spoken. I can move on from someone while retaining that intimate knowledge of who they are how they tick, and it forms some sort of eternal bridge. It is true with the crazy ex who drove me here; we will exchange pleasantries by text every few weeks or so. Most recently about the weather - nothing overtly untoward about it. But atypical and mildly inappropriate. In another thread I mentioned how I saw the bf with whom I fell in love when I was 18, 20... 25 years later and I couldn't look at him without feeling like I was violating the intimate space he shares with his wife. Not in a sexual way, in a I know you from the inside out way. That intensity burns people out, for sure. It is very hard to redirect it.

Important for me to create boundaries, which is anathema for my rule-avoidant risk-embracing nature. ... Hmm, and I wonder why I am sympatico with this chaotic fellow. Duh.

3.2% of the population is ENTP. Most of those folks are men. I'm so misunderstood! lol.

Interestingly, my counterpart whom I hired to join me in my small office is a completely opposite Myers Briggs type, one that is more frequently a trait of women than men.

In following your new thread intently too

Aww, thanks!

I put Saturday and Tuesday on the table as potential meet up nights. A little fool hardy on my part, as I've got general anesthesia tomorrow... We'll see what happens, maybe I'm nicer on codeine lol

I wouldn't do Saturday if you're having surgery or under anaesthesia! Could be more risky on your part to meet a stranger under those conditions, also you may not be at your best. Probably also a good idea to rest up after surgery no?

Yes, my friend who had full blown C just pointed this out. She's explaining how I won't be able to lift things, open the fridge, it's as obvious as ever. Doh. I'm like, sleep it off Friday, good as new if sore on Saturday, right? I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Surgery went great, and the man I'm not dating, lol, never left my side except when they asked him to. I am on codeine now, but there is some potential that I will be in good shape tomorrow, sore but not necessarily in need of codeine, and able to drive.

Teaching hospital, very attentive, tons of staff all of whom were friendly and introduced themselves, even at admitting. Wouldn't want to do it every day, but the procedure was a positive experience.

Archived