Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Niagara Falls Canada.....help

catcountry

Yep we sure do, but most places are only going to give you a straight-up exchange for your cash dollar for dollar, its pretty rare to find a place that is going to do the conversion. So depending on how much you plan on spending here, it could be worth it to get some cash converted over. Or, you get one of those temporary/loaded credit cards from your bank before you come here, so you already did the conversion ahead of time and you can just use the card, then whatever is left on the card you can have transferred back when you get home.

U.S. money is all good in Canada. Sad to say, if you get Canadian money and bring it back to the U.S. you will have to exchange it, you can't spend it in the U.S. Take your U.S. mula with you and if it becomes an issue you can always get Canadian dollars in Canada. I went years ago though and had no problems at all. Canadians everywhere were delighted to take my money.

And you will love Canada BTW. Have fun.

I've been to NF a ton. Yes, most places take American cash. If you want to have some Canadian funds just in case, you can go to an exchange station just over the border. Have fun. I love Niagara Falls.

Me too. I think I've been probably upwards of 200 times at least. But not in the last five years or so. We moved too far away but I used to live within an hour of the Falls.

Me too. I think I've been probably upwards of 200 times at least. But not in the last five years or so. We moved too far away but I used to live within an hour of the Falls.

I am in US but I am not far from the border thank goodness. It's a nice trip and I love to go. I hope to stay close to the falls. When you live so close, it's a good day trip too. You don't even have to spend the night. I love being able to pop over into a "foreign" country for a day and then go back home at night. Makes me feel like I'm in Europe or something, haha.

I am in US but I am not far from the border thank goodness. It's a nice trip and I love to go. I hope to stay close to the falls. When you live so close, it's a good day trip too. You don't even have to spend the night. I love being able to pop over into a "foreign" country for a day and then go back home at night. Makes me feel like I'm in Europe or something, haha.

I love going to the US because restaurants are so much cheaper!! For 3 of us to have lunch here is $70 over there probably $45. I am probably about an hour from upper New York State.

I love going to the US because restaurants are so much cheaper!! For 3 of us to have lunch here is $70 over there probably $45. I am probably about an hour from upper New York State.

Haha, yeah, I've noticed that eating in Canada is more expensive. I try to stick with small, cheaper local places if I can. It's the HST tax (or whatever it's called) for you guys that really drives the price up.

In all honesty, we probably live about 1-2 hours from each other. We should totally meet up sometime

Haha, yeah, I've noticed that eating in Canada is more expensive. I try to stick with small, cheaper local places if I can. It's the HST tax (or whatever it's called) for you guys that really drives the price up.

In all honesty, we probably live about 1-2 hours from each other. We should totally meet up sometime

We should!

• 4 weeks later...

A huge TY to everyone. I think I will bring some Canadian cash just to avoid the "non conversion" issue. Funds are limited so I think it might be in my best interest. Going next weekend and can't wait to see the falls from the other side.

A huge TY to everyone. I think I will bring some Canadian cash just to avoid the "non conversion" issue. Funds are limited so I think it might be in my best interest. Going next weekend and can't wait to see the falls from the other side.

Have a great time! I hope there is an abundance of flowers out for you! Our side right by the Falls has many nice gardens.

Archived