Reason #1 not to hook up with an ex

LolaMay4559

He tells me afterwards that he hopes I don't take this the wrong way, but have I gained a few pounds since we last hooked up (in the fall)?! Yes, I have gained like 5, but I'm not like vastly different or anything. Now I feel so self conscious and unattractive. I will work very hard to lose the weight, but I can't be perfect. Have any of you had an ex say something like this? How do you get over feeling so self conscious? I'm embarrassed to admit I have actually cried over this.

This is just one reason of BILLIONS why hooking up with an ex is a bad idea.

I'm sorry you went through this, but...why are you still hooking up with him? He sounds like someone who exploits weaknesses/insecurities -- not a good person AT ALL.

Five pounds on most people is not much -- barely noticeable on some people. Only lose it if you feel you NEED to -- not because of something that jerk said to you. He's an idiot.

Please consider completely stopping all communication with him -- under any circumstances -- so that something like this can't happen to you again.

Sounds like he's quite the douche. Guess this is a lesson that maybe you would really be better off without him in your life.

Besides, 5 pounds is within normal weight daily fluctuations anyway and sure as hell wouldn't show. Don't take it too badly.

Archived