Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 450 of 450 FirstFirst ... 447448449450
Results 4,491 to 4,499 of 4499

Thread: K's Dating Journal

Originally Posted by WithLove
    Gearing up for the hurricane down here. Just filled up my gas tank. Only had to wait in line 10 min! Score. Hope we don't lose power for too long, if at all.
    stay safe, K
    Please check back

Be safe! I'm glad you got gas in your car
    Apparently there is a gas shortage.

It's all good. It's hovering off the coast of FL right now, just chilling, then it's expected to turn north. Most of the state will be missed entirely, including me - I'm in the SW portion of the state. Yes over the weekend we did run out of gas and water (at stores), but then all their extra shipments came in, so it evened out. By Monday everything was basically back to normal, once people realized that it would miss us.

Things aren't good. I got fired from work last week. It's a thing I'll describe later. Wedding stuff is still happening but I've been kind of disinterested in it for right now. K understands. He's been so good.

OH wow. So sorry! HUGS.

Oh no, K. We're here if and when you want to chat.
    ((Hugs))

Ugh, sorry to hear this! I hope you're doing ok (as can be expected) and I hope you have great success in recovering/moving forward. So happy that K is being so supportive.

It sucked. We started a new marketing campaign over the summer and it tripled our business, but upper management didn't hire additional help to handle the increased case load. We had 6 case managers and I handled all of their closed cases alone. I just couldn't keep up with my workload. I worked overtime, I signed up for On Call shifts as an excuse to work from home, I even worked from home off the clock on weekends. I did everything I could to meet their expectations and just couldn't. It wasn't really possible for me to, and I think they realized it afterwards, because two days later, the senior partner called to tell me that he was paying me for the remainder of the week and giving me a small severance. He also stated I could use him as a professional reference. All of that was nice, but I wish they would have just offered me my job back with plans in place to help me succeed. I really enjoyed my job and working for the firm.

The worst part, of course, is needing to start over again. It's been about 10 days now and I've submitted new applications every day, but haven't gotten any responses yet. Fortunately, for the first time, I'm in a relationship where my not finding work right away won't completely wreck us, but of course we're going through with the wedding and I my mom raised me to work no matter what. So when I'm not working, I just feel like I'm worth nothing.

Hopefully something happens soon. K has already gotten upset with me because now that I don't have insurance, I've been stretching my meds to make them last, so of course it makes me moody since I've only really been taking them every other day. It's just something I've had to do in the past to make financial ends meet, and it became habit. I've started taking them regularly again. I've also completely stopped doing WW and exercising. I got a bad cold a few weeks before being let go and then I was let go, so I've been in a health rut for weeks. Some days are worse than others.

K doesn't know how to motivate me without me taking it as "you're getting fatter", I think, so he doesn't try. He will suggest going out walking together, but then by the time he gets home from work, it just doesn't happen. He cooks healthy meals, but he can't control what I eat when he isn't there. I'm like a kid and I eat all the bad things when he isn't around. If he didn't see me do it, then it's like it didn't happen. This behavior is pretty toxic, I know, but I'm trying to be honest to myself and you guys. Of course he knows it's happening, but he's too kind to give me tough love.

I've been pretty much out of commission since getting let go - sleeping all day, up all night, sending in dozens of applications and resumes to things I'm not even interested in... until last week. K sat me down and told me that if I need to wait to find something that I know I'll enjoy, that I feel I'm good at, then we will be okay (financially). He just wants me to be happy with my choices, whatever they are, and he will do anything I need in order to make that happen.

I don't deserve this man. I'm going to be a really sh***y wife.

Page 450 of 450 FirstFirst ... 447448449450

Give Advice
Ask For Advice