LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 449 of 450 FirstFirst ... 446447448449450 LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4493

Thread: K's Dating Journal

Next week, K and I leave for Portland for a cousin's wedding. The wedding is actually in a small town in southern Washington, but we have friends that moved to Portland about 2 years ago, and we're going to stay with them while we're on that side of the country. We are really excited, because we have been contemplating a move to a colder climate, and this is one of our choices to investigate.

Ooh, have fun! The Pacific Northwest is one of the regions Iím interested in for my next move (in just under 3 years!). Let us know what you think. One of my worries is that all the rain and gray would get me down. Currently I live in an extremely hot, dry climate - I find the heat oppressive in the summer, but it is nice to have sunshine almost every day.

Originally Posted by WithLove
    Next week, K and I leave for Portland for a cousin's wedding. The wedding is actually in a small town in southern Washington, but we have friends that moved to Portland about 2 years ago, and we're going to stay with them while we're on that side of the country. We are really excited, because we have been contemplating a move to a colder climate, and this is one of our choices to investigate.
    Warning! You will love it and it's a great time of year to visit. Enjoy.

Back from Portland. We loved it there, as predicted, but it was very expensive.

We did a lot of soul searching while away. We talked about what we want and where we want to be in the next 10 years. Realistically, we aren't going to be able to move states away anytime soon; we don't make enough to be able to do that and still be comfortable. It wouldn't be a smart thing to do. His work pays for 6 free credits per semester, so he just started a class - he has a lot of classes towards a math degree already, so he wants to continue until he gets it, and it won't cost him anything but time and energy.

Meanwhile, I am going to continue working where I'm at and doing the best I can. I'm going to work on paying off my debts to improve my credit. The reason is because if he stays at his job for another 9 years, they will pay off his entire college loan. We think it may be a good idea to look for a house to buy here in FL until that time; we're tired of renting, because almost no rental allows pets, and we want them. We are going to resign the least where we're at for the next year, and use the year to pay down my debts on my credit and see how much we can save up. Neither of us know anything about owning a home, but we know that's the first place to start. I'm taking extra on call shifts at work to make a little extra money that'll let me pay off some debts.

He talked briefly about adding me to his insurance so that we can save more money, but he doesn't want to get married for that reason. But I feel like, if it's a step in the direction we want to head, it's okay. We don't have to have a ceremony. We can just have a big party somewhere afterwards.

Thoughts?

My son has been listening to `Dave Ramsey Radio' and he and his wife are all on board with being debt free. This radio host airs all over the states at different times and just so happens to be during my drive home.

Just google Dave Ramsey radio and you can search by state to find what time he's on in your area. I think he has some podcasts, but he's pretty inspiring about paying down debts and buying homes and has a course to follow. Callers call in, much like you and he walks them through with advise.

Based on what you just shared, the time would be perfect for you to listen to what this guy has to say.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is nice for a visit . I used to live in Vancouver British Columbia which is a hop skip and a jump. The forever rain drove me around the bend . It made my hair frizzy and if itís not raining itís foggy . I remember once having fog every day for three weeks. We had to get up on a mountain just to get out of the fog so we wouldnít go nuts . Beautiful beautiful countryside but very different from where youíre from.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    My son has been listening to `Dave Ramsey Radio' and he and his wife are all on board with being debt free. This radio host airs all over the states at different times and just so happens to be during my drive home.

Just google Dave Ramsey radio and you can search by state to find what time he's on in your area. I think he has some podcasts, but he's pretty inspiring about paying down debts and buying homes and has a course to follow. Callers call in, much like you and he walks them through with advise.

Based on what you just shared, the time would be perfect for you to listen to what this guy has to say.
    I actually have a friend that praises him up and down. She followed his advice to pay down her college debts, bought a house, and invested money elsewhere and now her and her husband are able to enjoy concerts around the country a few times a year. She has her own business, as well. I'm going to give him a try.

WW is going well. I haven't lost much in numbers, but my clothes are fitting differently. Today I wore a blouse to work that previously had been a little too short, and it now lies at a comfy and acceptable spot on my stomach. So that's something! K has found his motivation again as well so that he has started using the treadmill at home again. He's been pretty strict on his WW diet; he has lost more than me and I can tell.

Gearing up for the hurricane down here. Just filled up my gas tank. Only had to wait in line 10 min! Score. Hope we don't lose power for too long, if at all.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Keep safe K.
    Gearing up for the hurricane down here. Just filled up my gas tank. Only had to wait in line 10 min! Score. Hope we don't lose power for too long, if at all.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice