LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 448 of 448 FirstFirst ... 445446447448
Results 4,471 to 4,479 of 4479

Thread: K's Dating Journal

Struggling recently. I'm drowning in schoolwork, I missed two days of work due to a stomach bug, and I can't get my eating habits under control. K is exercising and eating smaller portions and I'm like "let's go get ice cream!". Ugh.

Feeling better this week. I moved offices at work to one that's closer to the people in my department - I previously had an office all the way on the opposite side of the office. Now we can work more closely together and communicate better. My new office is kind of rundown - it had been empty for over a year - but I've added some décor and personal things to it to make it more comfortable. Everyone that has stopped in has remarked about the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.

I've been eating better this week. Not as many foods or snacks with sugars, and no desserts at all. I exercised on Monday but haven't had time since then, and next week I start my second class at my college.

Next week I will also start skating again for roller derby! I'm really excited, but also very apprehensive. I'm not afraid of breaking an ankle again, but I am afraid of being so active on it to the point it gets super sore and painful again. I'll have to be very careful and start slow - no falls, one-sided stops, and absolutely no contact, period. I will have to work my way up to all of that again. It sucks starting over, but it's still not like starting over with no skating experience, and honestly I'm just really eager to spend time with my derby fam again.

Originally Posted by WithLove

Next week I will also start skating again for roller derby! I'm really excited, but also very apprehensive. I'm not afraid of breaking an ankle again, but I am afraid of being so active on it to the point it gets super sore and painful again. I'll have to be very careful and start slow - no falls, one-sided stops, and absolutely no contact, period. I will have to work my way up to all of that again. It sucks starting over, but it's still not like starting over with no skating experience, and honestly I'm just really eager to spend time with my derby fam again.
    I know you'll be careful but did you ask your doctor about this? My understanding is fractures are still fragile for a long time after they've healed.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I know you'll be careful but did you ask your doctor about this? My understanding is fractures are still fragile for a long time after they've healed.
    My surgeon told me that I am cleared to start skating again after 6/27/19. :)

Originally Posted by WithLove
    My surgeon told me that I am cleared to start skating again after 6/27/19. :)
    Then skate on, Girl !

New class starting today - it's a dumb intermediate algebra class that I have to take as a prerequisite for the normal college algebra course, because I wasn't able to test out of it. I'm a little salty about paying for a math class that won't even count towards, my degree, but it is what it is, I guess. I messaged my Comp professor about how I'm frequently late turning in assignments and how it's stressing me out, and she basically told me that the fact that I messaged her at all about it and that in relation to other students I'm pretty responsive and quick to turn things in, means that she thinks I'm doing okay and I should hang in there (re: not drop the class). So, that made me feel a lot better. I'm going to continue to do my best and just soldier on the best I can. I keep telling myself that once I get these two classes done, I won't have to do them again and I can always take a semester off if I need to for mental health. But I'm hoping it won't come to that.

I got through these three days of my new math class. It's challenging only in that it starts half an hour after work ends, and goes til 8:30, so I've been extremely tired this week. K has been so good in making me food, doing the chores, packing me lunches and food for the next day. I'm so grateful that we are together.

I've got two weeks of the math class left in the semester. It's a mini-semester class. I'm so glad because I'm stretched to my limits right now. I might wait until the winter semester to start more classes, give myself an educational break and devote more time to my health and roller derby, since I can skate again. I've skated twice now, not for very long, but the second time was less painful than the first. Progress!

If financial aid will still qualify me if I only take one class in the fall semester, I might try it. But I'm pretty sure you need 6 credits per semester to qualify for financial aid, and most classes are 3 or 4 credits, so you'd need to take two. Of course, I could always just pay for it myself, but I did that this semester and it was over $900 (in installments) and I just don't want to have to worry about making those payments per month like I do now. Sigh.

Day 4 of Weight Watchers. Not as crabby as I was over the weekend. I felt more rested today, even though I went to bed a little later than I wanted to. Things are looking up.

Page 448 of 448 FirstFirst ... 445446447448

Give Advice
Ask For Advice