Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway........

G is a guy I've been talking to since last week. We have a lot in common, but after Wednesday, I didn't hear from him, so I assumed he lost interest. Until today, he messaged me telling me that he saw I'd been active on the site and was hurt that I hadn't messaged him, and thought it meant I was the one that lost interest. What???

Guy has been the one I've been most interested in so far. He grew up in my neighborhood, likes the same music and movies as me, and has the same sense of humor. A weird double-standard that I'm having, though, is that I sense he's got a warped sexual sense of humor, which is identical to mine, except I feel like it should be a red flag on the guy. I like him though and he was fine with just talking until I'm comfortable, and so far he is the only one I've given my number to.

Jose is a very attractive Hispanic man that shares of a lot of my interests. I've only been talking to him since today, but he's putting himself above others pretty quickly. He is disabled with a very bad back from a vehicle accident, but his words are very nice.

John is a guy that I thought was adorable and messaged first. He messaged back right away, explaining that he is concentrating on himself right now and forgot to hide his profile, and didn't want to string me along with endless emails. Darn!

He's wonderfully honest, funny, and has weird quirks (like buying Egyptian cotton pillowcases to try them first before committing to a full set) that I find delightful. I've laughed out loud a couple times today at his silliness. We're remarkably similar.

Hope this pattern continues with this one!

Okay, first meet up with William is set up for Monday. He picked the day, I picked the meeting place. We're going to a locally owned frozen yogurt shop. You pick your own flavor and use your own toppings. Best part is that they have a definite early closing time, so if it ends up going badly, at least we don't have to be there long. And if it goes well, then he originally picked next weekend as the meet up date, so we could use that as a first date.

Turns out he was indeed waiting in his car for a few min - 2 cars over from me! He got out first and I watched him walk up to the entrance. His pictures did not do him justice - although even then, I don't think I'm that attracted to him physically. He paid for my ice cream, we walked around the plaza for about an hour, then he suggested going to shoot pool (which he knew that I loved to do). So we spent another 2 hours doing that before I called it an evening. He dropped me back off at my truck and we went our ways.

During our plaza walk, he kept bumping into me and getting closer to me. He reached for my hand by the second time around. During pool, we made a bet that the winner received a kiss. He's very affectionate, and we had great chemistry through messaging prior to this meeting, so I was okay with all the affection. We kissed again when he dropped me off and sort of accidently made out for a couple of minutes. Then I left.

It's strange. I logically know that he's a good guy. He's a little older than I am (he's 33, I'm 25), has no ex or baby momma drama, is looking to buy his first home, has his own car and job..... but I don't know if I'm feeling it. I realized last night, after the date, that I've never really been on dates before - all 3 of my boyfriends had mutually decided with me that we would be exclusive. So I am not used to seeing someone so.... safe? Settled? (Boring?)

He's a decent kisser, has good teeth, no bad breath.... but I just didn't feel a spark. I kept waiting for the intensity to build, but it just.... didn't. But we had discussed boundaries on this visit and he told me he's respecting my limits, so maybe he was holding back for my benefit? (I had told him I was okay with kissing.)

The jury is still out with William. I do like him, on paper he's a great guy - but I'm still very unsure about him. I think I'm going to go out with him again to see if something changes.

Archived