Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 449 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: K's Dating Journal

Platinum Member
    I got a hot flash!

hahah, this made me laugh

I keep getting "Are you sure it's not Monday night yet?"

Makes me feel good.

I'm not sure what the protocol is for asking someone's last name before meeting.

Im here at the ice cream place.... No sign of him yet.... Maybe he's sitting in his car waiting, just like I am.....

I'm going to wait until 7:10... If there's no sign of him or I don't get any message, I'm ducking out.

Turns out he was indeed waiting in his car for a few min - 2 cars over from me! He got out first and I watched him walk up to the entrance. His pictures did not do him justice - although even then, I don't think I'm that attracted to him physically. He paid for my ice cream, we walked around the plaza for about an hour, then he suggested going to shoot pool (which he knew that I loved to do). So we spent another 2 hours doing that before I called it an evening. He dropped me back off at my truck and we went our ways.

During our plaza walk, he kept bumping into me and getting closer to me. He reached for my hand by the second time around. During pool, we made a bet that the winner received a kiss. He's very affectionate, and we had great chemistry through messaging prior to this meeting, so I was okay with all the affection. We kissed again when he dropped me off and sort of accidently made out for a couple of minutes. Then I left.

It's strange. I logically know that he's a good guy. He's a little older than I am (he's 33, I'm 25), has no ex or baby momma drama, is looking to buy his first home, has his own car and job..... but I don't know if I'm feeling it. I realized last night, after the date, that I've never really been on dates before - all 3 of my boyfriends had mutually decided with me that we would be exclusive. So I am not used to seeing someone so.... safe? Settled? (Boring?)

He's a decent kisser, has good teeth, no bad breath.... but I just didn't feel a spark. I kept waiting for the intensity to build, but it just.... didn't. But we had discussed boundaries on this visit and he told me he's respecting my limits, so maybe he was holding back for my benefit? (I had told him I was okay with kissing.)

The jury is still out with William. I do like him, on paper he's a great guy - but I'm still very unsure about him. I think I'm going to go out with him again to see if something changes.

Originally Posted by WithLove
    sort of accidently made out for a couple of minutes.
    LOL that made me laugh! How do you make out with someone accidentally?

About this guy, it seems you're not into him that much but, sometimes, chemistry builds up in a second/third date. He sounds decent enough.

I'm afraid I went too fast in my other relationships and now, when there's no spark at the beginning, I'm afraid it means we're not compatible.

I'm so confused over this. I'm afraid that I'm comparing how I feel right now about William to how I felt about C, my ex, when things were good. I don't want to start off a new relationship that way. I need to find a balance of feeling that physical chemistry with someone else, that I had with C, along with the intellectual compatibility that's good for me.

I don't feel hung up over my ex, as a person. Just hung up on that feeling of mutual passion that we had. I want to find that again.

Platinum Member
    I find the day after a date and the space in between dates is when i determine how I really feel about someone. Usually if I am curious the next day, and that curiosity builds over a few days, I know that there is something there even if I felt nothing much during a first date. If it's out of sight-out of mind the next day, then I move on.

Originally Posted by WithLove
    I'm afraid I went too fast in my other relationships and now, when there's no spark at the beginning, I'm afraid it means we're not compatible.

I'm so confused over this. I'm afraid that I'm comparing how I feel right now about William to how I felt about C, my ex, when things were good. I don't want to start off a new relationship that way. I need to find a balance of feeling that physical chemistry with someone else, that I had with C, along with the intellectual compatibility that's good for me.

I don't feel hung up over my ex, as a person. Just hung up on that feeling of mutual passion that we had. I want to find that again.
    I am with you on this one and something I have struggled with this time around the dating scene.
    I've said it before here on this forum that those who I have had those instant sparks with ultimately were bad choices for me and I struggle to hang in there with a potentially good guy I didn't have that immediate attraction to.

who doesn't want that `weak in the knees' feeling?! I just think those are few and far between so giving someone or something a chance to grow can be worth it.

Sounds like you had a good date. .Besides. .it is dating afterall. . you don't need to marry him

I talked it over with some friends, all of whom also were "for" continuing to see him for a little bit to see what happens. Ultimately I think I should not discount him yet, so I'm going on the second date he asked for. Dinner this Friday and mini golf afterwards. He's hinting at something else too, a surprise, but if involves anything overnight, he'll be sorely disappointed.

Page 3 of 449 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice