Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Musings

luxurylover

here's something i said i wouldnt do on another post and that's start a journal. ---lies. im bored, lonely and think it would be good to let out feelings and get things off my chest. i will be rambling. it will be random. but it will be real.

about me; im 31, female, and i live in atlanta. i work for myself and dont have alot of friends. the ones i do have i dont hang with like that. this makes my life very isolated. when i was younger this didnt bother me but now it does. im in a relationship now for 4 yrs. with a guy we will call chad. he works alot and doesnt make time for me like he should. i feel very neglected but we r trying. that's really the only issue with him is the time thing and the fact that he could spice things up a lil...he's a bit dull, bless his heart but a sweet guy. recently (end of last yr) this turned into an open relationship. also, last year i was dating a guy we will call Rick (id started cheating last year..) that i eventually fell in love with. we're not together anymore. this has affected me greatly.

i suffer from anxiety and depression on and off. it really flared up last year in jan and feb (ironically). towards the middle of 2014 it started to go away. this coincided with meeting rick and just getting out there meeting ppl. well now that rick and i are apart i find my anxiety coming back. i feel alone all over again. sometimes i wake up and im ok, but some days r worse than others. rick and i still text here and there with him doing the initiating. im the kind of woman where if someone implies or says "space" or that he/she doesnt want to be bothered with me (in so many words) then i dont chase them. period. however when he texts i do reply. i wrote a lil more about rick in a previous post..

pretty much i just work and get online. i used to get in the gym but it seems like i cant get the motivation to go anymore. i lost a gang of weight but unfortunately its coming back on due to my inactivity. which is unusual for me cause im anything but a homebody, i love to be out. but nowadays, not so much. that's how i know im in a mood/bad space. the only thing i really do is go shopping: A LOT. it makes me feel good, for the moment. then im empty again. somethings missing. i can physically feel it in my body, like a void in the middle of my chest.

...more to come

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club and intimidation

so there's a club i have been meaning to go to for awhile. i havent gone to the club frequently since i was younger and definitely not recently. it plays the type of old school music i like. anyway maybe it will be good for me to get out. i havent gone out in ages. me and my bf chad went out a few weeks ago to an amusement place but it wasnt that much fun. i mean it was "alright" you know. tonight, if i go to the club ill be going alone. when i was younger id always go to the club alone because i love dancing.

i keep having this thought that maybe some guy will come up and talk to me but honestly i notice that guys dont approach me. they do sometimes , but more often i notice guys will look but that's all. like theyre scared to come up to me. i was just reading a thread that reminded me of this. i had a few ppl tell me that i look intimidating to approach. one of my exes said that if he had seen me in public (he met me online) he wouldve never approached me. this makes me doubt that someone will come up to me tonight and honestly it's ok if they dont, but the attention would be nice. it's hard to feel good about yourself when one person (bf) doesnt give you a lot of attn and you had someone you love breakup with you not too long ago. anyway if i do go ill definitely update here and let yall know what happened, if anything.

meanwhile my ex rick texted me today, as he usually does. filled me in on something that happened at work. everytime he texts me i have mixed feelings. on one hand im glad to hear from him. on the other hand i think of him breaking up with me and i think to myself: what was the point of breaking up with me when youre going to text me anyway? ---> oh i forgot to tell you guys, rick and i still have sex. which is fine by me cause we started out as friends w/ benefits before he fell and then eventually i fell too. and the sex is soooooo damn good. it always was from day one. im a very sexual person. some ppl use weed or alcohol to relax, i use sex. it's my "thing". interestingly ,as my mom pointed out the other day, im one of those rare females that can have sex and separate it from actual emotion. what made me fall for rick was getting to know him over the phone and spending time outside the bedroom. anyway, that being said, we have some very hot exchanges over text, very hot and xxx and ill just leave it at that. boy i miss having regular access to that and him in general...

dreams

well i ended up not going to the club i was so tired but there's always next time. meanwhile i just woke and had a dream about my ex rick . ugh...this has been happening lately. woke up and had a short text from him that i havent replied to yet. when i was still in love with an old ex some years ago i would have the most vivid dreams. im talkin years after we broke up but not as frequent, and sometimes the dreams would come true. like i dreamed about him in a wedding and i contacted him later that day...hadnt talked to him in months...turns out he'd gotten re-married to his ex wife (who he's now in the process of divorcing again...go figure). and several others that were spot on. it was eerie. these dreams with rick arent anything serious . the one last night was sexual. seems i cant stop thinking about him when im awake or asleep

first day back in the gym and a soup diet

i just came back from the gym for the first time since late last year...it went really well. i just hope i can stick with it. im going to try and be positive. ive gained quite a bit of weight back since the ex and i parted ways and even b4 that i started letting myself go. nothing says "dont u wish u had me back" like a sickening bod...looking even better than when u met them. also ive been meaning to get back for awhile now.

meanwhile something id like to share for those that are interested. in the latest edition of womans world magazine here in the US theres a great cover story about a soup diet. now usually i just do a sensible "lifestyle change" that includes nutrition. i dont get on "diets", but this is based in science. the soup, created by a dr. that recently wrote a book actually eliminates toxins in our body (from bad foods, stress, etc) that hinder fat loss. one older lady said she lost 11 lbs in less than a week and that was only from eating the soup and no other lifestyle changes...there are similar stories as well from a panel of volunteers that were on the diet thru the dr. oz show.....im going to give it a try . im also going to post the recipe here for those that are interested. i just hope i can stick to it. i have a habit of starting a good path and then mentally or emotionally something will happen and ill just kind of fall off. im hoping once i see results i will be encouraged to stick with it , which is what happened the first time i lost weight.

Im going to make this soup and then post a review here soon....

Soup recipe:

-1 large onion diced

-2 medium carrots diced

-1 roughly chopped white radish root

-1 cup diced winter squash

-2 cups roughly chopped kale

-1 cup diced turnips

-2 stalks celery diced

-1/2 cup chopped dried seaweed (at local health food store)

-1/2 cup shredded cabbage

-1 small piece fresh ginger

-2 cloves garlic

-1 cup mushrooms

-3 quarts water

-salt, pepper, hot sauce, and additional herbs and spices to taste (these are optional , flavor to your liking it says)

---instructions: combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a low boil for 60 mins. cool slightly. if desired, use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree veggies a bit. season to taste. store in a tightly sealed glass container.

(from woman's world mag feb 2, 2015 usa)

So my ex just text me...sudden mood change. also, friend judgement?

actually he pretty much texts me everyday. he is always the initiator. well he text me "hey _______" and i text him "hey rick". also i should mention we play an online game back and forth throughout the day. we've been doing this since we were dating.

so id found this fun picture on facebook that i thought would be amusing to him. an interest we share. i hesitated at first to send it because i dont like being the one to reach out. but then i said oh wth, why not, i mean he did just reach out and play the game a lil with me. don't ask me what compelled me to send it , it was so random but that's how we always are/were, random and just sending funny stuff thru the day. i guess i kind of miss having someone to do that with. so i sent it. i got a pretty dry response back. maybe im reading into it too much, he couldve been busy or working suddenly (he's at work). sometimes he would text back one word or seemingly dry answers when we were dating but it was because he was at work and unable to text long texts back and forth. it seems unlikely tho because hed just taken a game turn, and this is an online game you cant play while doing other things. given what happened between us now i question everything.

so now im back to not reaching out. that will be the last thing i send for a looooong time. unless he initiates. i know some ppl may wonder why am i still talking to him. im still in love with him, that's why. if it had been up to me to initiate though we wouldnt even be still talking, cause i don't chase anyone. and i told him that when we were breaking up...i said id like to have u as a friend and have u still be in my life but if you really want to go and don't wanna have anything to do with me (which is what he was implying at the time) i wont ever bother you again: bye. ---exact words (basically). he then said he didnt want me out of his life completely. but he knows how i roll. if he wants to have some type of connection to me it's up to him to keep it going, as the one that dumped me. confusion seems to be the name of the game on his end and apparently on mine too.

then i just text one of my friends that knows about the situation from day one with us. he asked me how do i put up with the uncertainty etc he couldnt do it. which leads me to: sometimes i feel so stupid talking about this subject to the few friends i talk to. i feel a wave of judgement and head shaking on the other side of the phone. which is really y i started this journal. just to put my thoughts down without that feeling i get sometimes. because the truth is, we all have to travel our own path , make our own decisions, right or wrong. no one makes "perfect" decisions all the time. however i get the feeling that this particular friend, although a cool friend , often plays like he "mr perfect" saying things like "i wouldnt have done that" or "psssh...that could never be me". now i am also good friends with his boyfriend of over 7 years and let me tell you....little does he know that the boyfriend tells me everything going on in their relationship (for advice and comfort purposes) and he is far from perfect or making the right decisions. he likes to paint a facade for the outside world. problem is, im not the outside world, im a friend.

anyway my mood kind of changed after that "incident" with my ex. im still ok and feeling good from the gym, it just made me think a little. he used to tell me all the time i have too many walls up, but this is y. its scary to trust a person to be cool especially after a breakup.

thanks for listening

recipe correction! strain veggies and drink broth...

[quote name=

Soup recipe:

-1 large onion diced

-2 medium carrots diced

-1 roughly chopped white radish root

-1 cup diced winter squash

-2 cups roughly chopped kale

-1 cup diced turnips

-2 stalks celery diced

-1/2 cup chopped dried seaweed (at local health food store)

-1/2 cup shredded cabbage

-1 small piece fresh ginger

-2 cloves garlic

-1 cup mushrooms

-3 quarts water

-salt, pepper, hot sauce, and additional herbs and spices to taste (these are optional , flavor to your liking it says)

---instructions: combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a low boil for 60 mins. cool slightly. if desired, use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree veggies a bit. season to taste. strain the broth and keep the broth stored in a tightly sealed glass container. discard the veggies, all the nutrients are gone from them at this point. Drink broth, use within 1 week or freeze

(from woman's world mag feb 2, 2015 usa) link removed

just had sex w/ ex ...good sex

rick text me and asked if i could drop him off at work. his car is broken. i agreed. this is the 2nd time ive taken him. as you know from an earlier post today i was feeling "some kind of way" that i couldnt pinpoint about rick. ive been a lil down all day ever since his earlier text. while en route to pick him up i felt mixed feelings. i can't even explain it and im not sure why. he didnt really "do" anything today i think i just get in these moods cause i miss him.

anyway i picked him up and drove him to his job. on the way i told him i would let you drive so i can give you "something" (oral). --we're always talking sexual back and forth. we started out as fwb. he said no why dont we just wait til we get to my truck (hes a trucker and he has a sleeper compartment). so long story short we had sex (2nd time after breakup). at first i wasnt into it (he didnt know that), but then i got more in the mood and it ending up being good , as usual. the sex is always SO GOOD. (warning this is about to get a bit graphic maybe for some) while we were intimate i usually talk and say little sexy things, he does it too. i was kissing him during sex and told him in between kisses "damn i miss f___g you" and he said "i miss f____g u too". it was beyond passionate. it always is.

then after sex we kissed and held each other...necked etc. he was just holding me rubbing my back: It's during these truly intimate moments that i realize how much i really miss him. i told him that i was looking thru some pics in my phone the other day and found a pic that we took on a date (but it was a sexual pic) and how hot it made me. then he said "yeah...man , that was a fun day....we did this and that (etc)"....he just started looking off in the distance and recalling a lil about that day and how much fun it was. i was thinking, yeah....u miss me too huh? ---i remember at the end of that date (the one he was reminiscing about) he remarked to me "wow ...i havent had this much fun in years". and when ppl say things like that and then recall events with fondness , i always ask myself, why then? i know the given answers but there's a part in my head that's still like....why? (I wrote a post about rick not too long ago outside of my journal explaining the breakup for those that dont know).

anyway the whole time i was thinking "man i cant wait to get home and type this up on enotalone " lol.

random

right now i just feel like im just "here". im not sure how i feel. i do know ive been going to the gym and drinking my health broth, which i will update everybody about after a few weeks to give it time to work.

i saw chat (my bf, open rltnshp) the other day. we spent some time together , and it was actually real nice. keep in mind i love my bf but he doesnt set my soul on fire or anything. its a "stable" love.

rick texts here and there still. i have mixed feelings about him. i forgot to mention this, last time i saw him he looked at me and said "girl...." and then paused for a min...i said "what?" he replied "oh ...nothing , nothing". what was that all about? i know he wanted to say something but didnt.

anyway today is super bowl sun here in the US. i dont care about football so i wove n't be watching. im about to go to the gym. i just kind of feel indifferent. course i just woke up. sometimes i feel like im just existing and not "living". esp when i spend alot of time by myself.

which reminds me, let me tell u about a friend of mine. he is so boring sometimes. last week he told me "hey lets go to some stores on friday" which i thought was great, we both enjoy the same stores and love shopping. fri rolls around and he backs out for a BS reason. he's obviously not obligated to go out with me but this is a pattern of his. so the other day (b4 this even happened) i put an ad up on a local personals site looking for friends only. i need some new friends people. i did get a few responses....some of them seem promising. i put an ad up cause i dont make have the usual outlets people do to make friends: school, working around other people. im usually always by myself. so we will see how all that pans out. ill keep u informed.

reflections

i was looking at facebook. everyone posts about their family or bf/gf or some type of interesting event. if u go down my wall all u see are random posts about fashion, or flashback photos about things from the 90s, music. i know ppl can paint any type of picture they want on facebook, but...one of my old classmates, who's really a cool person , is married and him and his wife recently had another child. he was cradling the baby in his hands and kissing his forehead. i dont want children at all, i never have. but it just made me realize how empty my life is. everything in my life is superficial. maybe im being hard on myself im not depressed (although still a lil sad about rick), but i couldnt help but feel like....what's missing? i dont want kids. im not a marriage person but im not opposed if my partner wanted that and we were in the right place.

i dont know what else to say. i just feel an emptiness that i cant shake. its been here for years. maybe im just lonely. it's funny cause ppl that know me think ive got it together and that im social and have it so good. and i do have it good in certain areas of my life but my personal life has never been one of them. but im not the kind to whine and whine and not eventually do something about it so--->

i put an ad up on a classifieds personal section looking for friends. and i do mean just friends. i put one up on the woman seeking woman and the man seeking man side too. i would prefer a female friend cause i know many times, guys will say just friends but sometimes try to move it in another direction. so i got some responses. im talking to one girl and she seems ok so far. i sensed a lil judgement when we started talking about our relationships and i told her about my situation with chad and rick. actually almost like she stopped texting for a few hrs. seeming a lil standoffish because i wasnt living life like she would. i dont like that vibe but im still talking to her so we will see. there's a real nice guy that im talking to also..he's an older man. let's call him T. as i knew, T sounds like he's looking for more of a dating thing, but friends first. i thought to myself all i need is more confusion in my dating life. but i am lonely...that's always my downfall, letting someone in cause im lonely. that's how chad came into my life (he started dating me after a breakup), and rick too. i was lonely from neglect from chad and then here came rick giving me attention i needed. we will see about T. he seems nice. we're supposed to meet each other on thursday...and you know ill be reporting here. it's not a date, just hanging out as friends and im going to treat it as such. i love chad and i love rick....i dont need more confusion and feelings

Hey luxurylover. Maybe you should look in to volunteering for something? I've been seeing what's available around me cause I feel very similar to you. No kids. Bit of an empty life feeling. I guess I feel like I've been living a selfish life. I don't know. I'm looking in to it and hopefully I'll start soon. I'll let you know how it goes, if it helps.

In the way that you describe yourself I am very similar in personality to you.

I am going through the same feeling of emptiness.

I am married with two small kids. Husband does not want open relationship (I feel ab him as you do about Chad) I've been cheating on him. Last lover I had (my Rick) has been i horrible circle of over 2.5 yrs of breaking up and going back, bc like you I am lonely. It finally ended this time around and I'm done. I am grieving but I won't allow him to mistreat me anymore.

I don't want to cheat anymore bc I always get hurt. I want genuine attention but all anyone wants is sex and an ego boost. But I need passion and I can't seem to stop

“When she lets you in to the cracks and scars of the past, it’s time to ask a question: do you love her or do you love the idea of her? There is a difference and it’s already past time to know it.”

h.s. (via heartbeatofatwentysomething)

Hey luxurylover. Maybe you should look in to volunteering for something? I've been seeing what's available around me cause I feel very similar to you. No kids. Bit of an empty life feeling. I guess I feel like I've been living a selfish life. I don't know. I'm looking in to it and hopefully I'll start soon. I'll let you know how it goes, if it helps.

that's good testcase, yes let me know. i volunteered b4 but not recently i have a habit of not sticking w/ things unless im really n2 them. therefore im hesitant to do anything like that. what do u mean a selfish life? how so, curious

In the way that you describe yourself I am very similar in personality to you.

I am going through the same feeling of emptiness.

I am married with two small kids. Husband does not want open relationship (I feel ab him as you do about Chad) I've been cheating on him. Last lover I had (my Rick) has been i horrible circle of over 2.5 yrs of breaking up and going back, bc like you I am lonely. It finally ended this time around and I'm done. I am grieving but I won't allow him to mistreat me anymore.

I don't want to cheat anymore bc I always get hurt. I want genuine attention but all anyone wants is sex and an ego boost. But I need passion and I can't seem to stop

its amazing to get on here and find out how many ppl are , unfortunately, going thru similar situations as me. i know how u feel. i use grocery shopping as an example: u wanna go to the same store u always do because u love that store and youre faithful to it (ur husband, chad for me) and although it has some products you need , some key ones are missing so you have to venture out to other stores (ur guys, and rick). and though u get the products ur looking for from the new stores, the quality isnt as good as u thought so the search continues. just literally shopping around til u find what ur looking for.

when i look at my life i feel like im all alone. except for my mom and shes 70 this year. i know they're be a time when she wont be here anymore and when i think about that...which i try not to but its only natural as she gets older...when she's gone ill truly just be floating in the wind. except for chad. i dont get all of what i need from him but i do love him and know he loves me. i think that's one of the reasons im holding on. at heart he's a genuinely good guy and i dont wanna be totally alone. my friends arent as involved w/ me as they used to be, so...chad is really the only person i can count on. then i tell myself: self, you could always meet new ppl. im apprehensive about that too though cause just like u with your lovers it seems like when i meet someone they just want sex , they're flaky, or like rick they're giving me mixed signals or confused. if rick had been on point i wouldve left chad. as it is i lied to rick and told him me and chad had broken up because rick kept getting an atittude about me being with chad. jealous. little passive aggressive comments about chad...i got tired of it.

anyway....it's 7:30a and my mind is wandering , sorry for my ramble.

that's good testcase, yes let me know. i volunteered b4 but not recently i have a habit of not sticking w/ things unless im really n2 them. therefore im hesitant to do anything like that. what do u mean a selfish life? how so, curious

Well it's really just me personally. I don't know I'm single. No kids. Relatively well off personally. I feel like everything I've been trying to do recently is really just to benefit me. I mean there's nothing wrong with that... I've just been feeling unfulfilled. So I'm going to try to volunteer my time and give back anyway I can.

Well it's really just me personally. I don't know I'm single. No kids. Relatively well off personally. I feel like everything I've been trying to do recently is really just to benefit me. I mean there's nothing wrong with that... I've just been feeling unfulfilled. So I'm going to try to volunteer my time and give back anyway I can.

i feel you. there's nothing wrong with that, it's not like ur neglecting anyone. sometimes we can focus too much inward, at least that's what my mom said

It doesn't need to be a habit -just like you are changing your diet, you can change your habit of not sticking to things unless you're "really into them" -you can start with small rewards to get you motivated to go to the volunteer work/event and then after awhile you'll get to the point where even if you're not over the moon excited about it you will have built your inner motivation to follow through even when it's not your flavor of the month or day.

so today, i met T for the first time and a quick rick blurb

...it was supposed to be tomorrow but he wanted a quick meet n greet today. we met for a small snack and talked a lil. he seems nice enough. SO FAR. im always on edge til i get to see someone's true intent and even then sometimes there's a big question mark over my head. we're supposed to meet again tomorrow at his request to do a real hangout day so im sure ill have more to report after that. last night we talked on the phone and had a good convo. it got quite sexual there for a moment. you know although my sex drive is usually high to medium recently it's just been blah. ill be hot one moment and then it will fade the next. so today T was getting close to me while we were walking etc, not in a sexual way, just close. we kissed (a peck sort of on the lips) twice. i have to say it did feel good to be near someone again. i dont see chad that much, so i miss physical human touch and just feeling someones "heat" next to me.

in other news rick is an interesting fellow and i dont mean that in a complimentary way. he sends more mixed signals than a broken traffic light. i think i said in a previous post we play an online game together. we've been playing this game since we were dating and have continued even after the breakup. as i said b4 i think it's his way of keeping a connection w/ me. well i get alerts when he's taken his turn. sometimes those alerts come in late. yesterday that's exactly what happened...he'd taken his turn 14 or so hrs previous (according to the game) and i didnt get an alert til the next morning. i didnt play right away because i had a quick biz appointment. so rick sent me a "hey" text. again i didnt answer right away, not just cause i had a business appt. but also i don't want him thinking im sitting by the phone so to speak. so about 30 min passes, he sends me a "reminder" thru the game. basically a text to remind me to take my turn.

now sometimes, especially recently, rick will take his time taking his turn....maybe a whole day or so will pass, no turn in the game. but i dont send a reminder. see the thing here is not the game. that's not what im really focusing on. it's his behavior. (venting in 4...3...2...) he broke up with me, acted like he didnt want to be close to me or talk to me as much, or even maybe at all. so when someone tells me something like that , amongst other things, i grant their wish. and i warned him to think about this...is this really what you want. some girls/guys say "ok we dont have to talk anymore, be like that" only to let a few days pass then chase u down: that aint me----> turns out, it's him. he is always reaching out. he's the one that sends game reminders. texts. etc. and even though i like to hear from him, he doesnt know that. i just sit here. even though in my heart im missing him, and aching...sometimes even shedding a tear: he doesnt know that. he doesnt know anything cause the only time i talk to him is when he initiates which is every time. except his birthday, i did send a greeting. he thought: "oh yeah i can act like shes not important or that i dont want her and she will come back after me if i act like this". well that backfired. and now it's him doing everything.

however, i would like to get back to the way we were. that is friends that date and have a good time. life is too short to be doing this dance. it should be enjoyed. we could be having amazing sex and hanging out when he has time. talking throughout the day like we used to. ....i really miss that

It doesn't need to be a habit -just like you are changing your diet, you can change your habit of not sticking to things unless you're "really into them" -you can start with small rewards to get you motivated to go to the volunteer work/event and then after awhile you'll get to the point where even if you're not over the moon excited about it you will have built your inner motivation to follow through even when it's not your flavor of the month or day.

this is true. i would hate to get in there, pledge myself to something then halfway thru , quit. like i said i think it would have to be something i really am feeling

ramblings, gym, sleepy, etc.

first off, these workouts have really been draining. ive been on and off (but mostly off lately) in the gym since 09. this is my second week back in a couple of months. and i am feeling it. it's not the workouts themselves, it's afterwards. esp the next day. i am so tired. i work for myself and set my own hours but still, its 7pm and im just now eating too cause ive been sleep on and off all day.maybe that has something to do w/ it, the eating i mean. these workouts....im only doing 30 min cardio on a machine, then ab work or some weights depending on day. when i get home i am ok, but after awhile sleep takes over. and i do mean takes over...i am OUT. usually b4 bed i silence my phone, sometimes im so sleepy i forget or leave it on vibrate...which leads me to my next topic...

...last night and this morning i was sleep and my phone was left on vibrate. i got several texts/alerts from rick thru the night and this morning. as well as today. when i was sleep during the night a vibration would go off, id open my eyes and my heart would race. so i didnt get quality sleep. halfway thru i turned the vibration off. now me clearly being a sucker for punishment (and rick), every time i would wake to go to the bathroom id check the phone. boom--> there's another rick alert. he wasnt talking about anything really just random things. but i have mixed feelings about his contact. by early evening, it was getting to the point where when i got another alert i was hoping it wasnt rick. but it's funny cause if i dont hear from him for a while (a day or two) then i wonder. it's a confusing place to be. he's got me on edge...all these mixed feelings are tiring.

this is true. i would hate to get in there, pledge myself to something then halfway thru , quit. like i said i think it would have to be something i really am feeling

It's good to work on not always reacting to what you feel; rather, choose your reaction such as "I'm bored with this but I choose to stay true to my commitment" or "Now I don't feel like meeting my friend for lunch but it would be inconsiderate to cancel last minute so I'm going to behave reliably".

You don't always have to feel strongly to choose to act in a way that's in your long term interests.

i agree, but i also know my tolerance level and my behaviors, now true they could be changed by me, however im not putting myself in situations where i have to force myself more than i wish. i did that with my work , finally im in something where its not much of an effort for me to go and i actually enjoy it. not that everyday is gumdrops and rainbows but u know what i mean. i know my personality and what works for me.

i agree, but i also know my tolerance level and my behaviors, now true they could be changed by me, however im not putting myself in situations where i have to force myself more than i wish. i did that with my work , finally im in something where its not much of an effort for me to go and i actually enjoy it. not that everyday is gumdrops and rainbows but u know what i mean. i know my personality and what works for me.

So then you accept the downsides of choosing not to challenge yourself. You can't have it both ways.

i can challenge myself in other ways other than doing things i know i wont stick to. i know my strengths and my weaknesses

Right. I mean that the downside is the situation you've been complaining about - the lack of friends, feeling of isolation. I think part of growing/evolving is knowing that your strengths/weaknesses are not static -they can change (on both ends) and you have control over what you choose to change. If I had taken your approach I would have realized my life goals and dreams. It took a lot of work and a lot of going outside my comfort zone but I did it, thank goodness. I am sure that is true of many other people.

You don't "know" you won't stick to something. All you know is that in the past that is how you have chosen to react. You can make changes. It's totally cool if you have changed your mind and are fine with what you complained about in your earlier posts. People make choices all the time to stay in their comfort zone rather than challenge themselves, and to accept the downsides (that you wrote about above). I made a choice like that and am experiencing the downsides of that choice almost daily. I may make a different choice in the future -not throwing in the towel just yet -I'm only 48 after all.

i was referring to the volunteer part only. im just not a volunteer organization type. in any situation. also part of my problem is my anxiety which flares up sometimes and it hinders me from going on on that ledge of trying something new. certain situations are triggers for me. ive been ok so far but ever since the breakup it's come back ...not strong , but it comes.

im not ok with my lack of social stuff. i just never knew how to "make friends". i try, sometimes, different things. i remember one time i actually went to a party, by myself, that i was invited to...nice pool party. from an online facebook group. i knew a few ppl there but most were just online interactions...kinda like this site--but not as deep. so i said, imma try and make new friends or talk to someone. so i went up to people and tried to start convo, or be friendly and outgoing and they were either looking like "why r u talking to me, ur not in my circle" or they talked to me and friended me on fcbk, exchanged #s and it never went further than that. I gave that example just to say i know not all things end up like that, but it sure puts a damper on me extending myself. ive had so many "new" friends abandon me

Archived