Met someone recently........wow!!

JA0371

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to post about someone I recently began talking to, who funny enough has been in my social circle for years, but I never crossed paths with, until right before Christmas when he messaged me on Facebook with a question regarding hair color of all things..lol. Funny story. He's on my friend list because we have so many mutual friends in common, but had never actually talked before. Anyway.....after that initial conversation, I followed up with him to see how things turned out....and that's when it began. At first, just casual. Then flirtier, then one night after a few weeks....I bought a bottle of wine and after a few glasses, we were flirting and I asked him if he was interested in me. He said yes...so that brings us to now.

The last couple of weeks, we talked via text, phone and Ftime every day. So it's kinda just flowed naturally. Last night we had our first official 'date' in person, and it was amazing. We drove around for a bit....talked and finally kissed. Omg. He kisses soooooo good! Great chemistry. We made out...in the car. Lol. I wanted to. The windows got soooo steamy and I felt like a teenager. Finally, we decided to actually go to dinner. He let me pick the place...so I opted for pizza and beer. He was thrilled lol. Afterward...we made out some more, and I was tempted to go get a room, but he wouldn't allow that. He wanted to wait.....so lets just say.....things are going well. Today I woke up smiling. It's so nice to feel like this about somone. He also said he's falling for me.

I just wanted to post a happy thread.....I'll keep you all posted

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is soo cute. You sound very happy and I hope things work out well for you.

Pullin' for ya!

(And glad you're not talking about that "ech" ex!)

Hhaha Ms Darcy...me TOO!!! I think I gave myself sufficient time and space from my ex to start over. In fact....me and this guy agreed the fact that we were NOT even expecting or looking is probably why it worked out

Thank you so much!!!

Lovely to read of the build up, the bottle of wine "are you interested" and the sweet driving about on your first date.

Keep posting. Fun to hear the comfort and enthusiasm in your voice!

Aww! Thank you... It really is nice and tonight we agreed that seeing each other once every couple of weeks is a nice pace considering our schedules..plus he has his kids every other weekend. As long as we are communicating in between...but it really feels good and right. He's truly a GOOD guy! I feel very fortunate ..and yes I will definetely keep you all up to date!!

Ok, now I think I am getting it bad..so is he...lol. Yesterday we Ftimed for about an hour after his work shift, in which he gets up super early, so we talked right before he took a nap mid day. I texted him a few times by 10 pm and he hadn't responded, which isn't like him at all......so I texted 'are you ignoring me?'......in which I immediately regretted sending. So he called me about 20 minutes later, apologizing that he had slept all day because he was so tired, and had missed various calls and texts. I apologized for the text I sent and his response was 'its ok....I know it's because you like me SO much'....lol. We talked a bit more and said good night.

This morning he texts me that he'll call me soon and that he misses me......

So, yep.....we both have it bad

It's ok though......Im not complaining

Ha ha.... I did that recently with the guy Im seeing. I texted him, no answer after an hour and he normally answers within 5 minutes or sooner depending on what he is doing. Then texted him again asking if he was okay, no answer, then waited another hour and asked if I screwed up some how. He finally text me back saying he was asleep.. UGGGH!!! That is the last time I will do that. I said I am so sorry.... He said No Problem. But as you can tell its still bothers me that I reacted so needy. Don't want to feel that way at all ever again.

Nice you are both "getting it bad" I am happy for you.

Ha ha.... I did that recently with the guy Im seeing. I texted him, no answer after an hour and he normally answers within 5 minutes or sooner depending on what he is doing. Then texted him again asking if he was okay, no answer, then waited another hour and asked if I screwed up some how. He finally text me back saying he was asleep.. UGGGH!!! That is the last time I will do that. I said I am so sorry.... He said No Problem. But as you can tell its still bothers me that I reacted so needy. Don't want to feel that way at all ever again.

Nice you are both "getting it bad" I am happy for you.

Awesome!!!! Sooo happy for you too! We were here around the same time last year.. Hopefully both of us will have a much better ending this time

Ok so for the sake of updating this thread, I'll use the first initial of my guys name which is 'K'.

K and I have another date set on my birthday in 11 days. We are going to meet at the fair, and probably hangout for a few hours. Im excited. We are talking multiple times a day, via text and or Ftime. We've been discussing a lot of different things, as a way to get to know each other. In a way, I am glad we an only see each other every couple of weeks, because I think it's going to almost force us to slow down the pace of the relationship...and especially sex. Trust me, I want it badly...but for now, we are both ok with waiting. Well.....it's hard, but we think it's best for now. This is new territory for me because Ive never really had a guy with so much willpower lol!! He wants to be sure because he has kids and wants to make sure it's right. I completely understand and agree.

For now, I'm enjoying this phase because I know it doesn't last forever....though he assured me that it doesn't have to end just because we are together. Yes...he actually SAID that. ,

So for now, I'll trust him....

I think the way to get to know someone for a potential relationship is over a period of time but where you see the person about once a week so you can get to know them in person. Phone and face time is not a substitute IMO. I think it's perfectly normal to wait at least for a few months of regular dating before having sex even if you both desire it -it's a great way IMO to make sure that sex isn't the focus of dating. On the other hand I think being romantic, affectionate, intimate and sexual is part of getting to know each other. JMHO.

Thanks Batya....I agree actually, but our schedules are such that it limits us to once every couple weeks. He has his kids every 10 days for four days, plus we both work....so for now we are talking and Ftiming in between. So were making the most of it

Thanks Batya....I agree actually, but our schedules are such that it limits us to once every couple weeks. He has his kids every 10 days for four days, plus we both work....so for now we are talking and Ftiming in between. So were making the most of it

Of course if it's a scheduling thing then it has to be that way.

Trust me,it's not for a lack of wanting to see each other! At the same time...we both think it helps us keep from going to fast. Im learning a lot about him this way. Actually, he had his son yesterday while we were Ftiming...he called me while he thought his son (who is 13) was in the other room....while we were talking his son said ' How is your gf dad??' Lol....it was kinda cute, because he knows his son knows he's talking to someone but he doesn't know who. Anyway, it was funny.....

Your thread is like my thread! I was struggling with how often can we see each other, opposite kid schedules, major energy between us... the word Wow is spoken between us every time were together, or maybe most....

We are 7 months in. We have been tackling deeper issues, revealing layers we didn't know we had. Sometimes we have questions, and it feels hurtful if our questions are occurring at opposite times. It's nuanced. The wows keep coming, which I share to help you believe that it really can be as good as it feels.

Keep posting! : D

Your thread is like my thread! I was struggling with how often can we see each other, opposite kid schedules, major energy between us... the word Wow is spoken between us every time were together, or maybe most....

We are 7 months in. We have been tackling deeper issues, revealing layers we didn't know we had. Sometimes we have questions, and it feels hurtful if our questions are occurring at opposite times. It's nuanced. The wows keep coming, which I share to help you believe that it really can be as good as it feels.

Keep posting! : D

Thank you!! I'll have to check out your journey!! so glad it's going well for you!

oh darling I get a little flutter when I read your thread ....I remember these first weeks in ..oh the feeling is priceless isn't it .

Awww thanks SS...yessss it is awesome! What's crazy is I keep wondering how the heck we never actually met until now. We both agreed that it just wasn't meant to happen until it did. Im seeing him in 9 days...I already can't wait

Archived