Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 232233234235
Results 2,341 to 2,349 of 2349

Thread: Another online daing journal

Platinum Member
    No time to respond in detail but best wishes to your son and his wife!!

Another long day alone.
    One of my friends mentioned a back yard/social distance happy hour this week and by the looks of things, it ain't happenin'
    It's the one thing I looked forward to!

I could easily put it out there and invite the girls over. My patio is all tricked out after all this time off. I've redone most of the plants and planter beds, lights, furniture etc. But I've had the girls over a couple times. I need to get out of here!! Not keep inviting people over.
    I know. First world problem.

I get stuck in my head. My best friend is super negative lately. I can't handle it. The other two, K and L were roomates a few years ago and had a falling out. I know things have not quite been the same between them, but I assumed they were for the most part in a good place. Having been alone with each one of them individually lately, I've heard two differing sides and I guess I was wrong. Now I know way too much. I wish I didn't.

So I sit here by myself, not wanting to invite two women who barely tolerate each other and my best friend who is really negative. Hummmph. I guess I am not that desperate for company.

I would go if it's at someone elses house. At least I feel I have some control over things. Like when to leave ;0] Last time L stayed til 11 and drank an entire bottle of wine herself. Mind you the night started at 5.

When they were here, 2 out of the 3 practice zero social distancing and were all over my house. I get things are losening up a bit now. I am too. But these two just got back from the Colorado River Memorial weekend which ended up being a Trump rally melee they participated in. 10s of thousands of people were at the river. She sent me pictures of the packed bars they were at. Suddenly they are now rambling political rhetoric they never had before.

Meanwhile for work I am writing up return to work protocals and I'm instructed to tell staff if they have traveled in the past two weeks (anywhere) to not come to work and quarentine for 14 days.
    Caught between two extremes. I just to be normal again when nothing feels normal.

Meanwhile S will see me everyday if I let him. Tuesday I had to go to work and he announced he is dropping off paper towels from Costco for me. I am not home. He's surprised. I see him later that night. Not sure why it couldn't wait 'til then.

Yesterday morning he asks me if I need avocados. I do, but say no because he'd be in his truck in 2 minutes flat. Later he texts me, asking me my choice, pork chops or chicken. I say neither. I already ate. That night he wants to know if I need mushroooms. Aaargh! He's not needy. He's more like an overly enthusiastic kid with loose boundaries.

I don't mind some time alone, but I want to freedom to go and do things. I did however wash my windows today!!

We are taking the rv down south midweek next week. They have wifi and I can still work. I'll have a view of the marina, instead of my dining room.
    Is it Tuesday yet?

Platinum Member
    Ohh an RV -I hear there are shortages now!!

Not in California! RV capital of the world. My friend just bought one, or should I say - stole it. It was such a great deal her daughter and son in law went and bought one too.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    The other two, K and L were roomates a few years ago and had a falling out. I know things have not quite been the same between them, but I assumed they were for the most part in a good place. Having been alone with each one of them individually lately, I've heard two differing sides and I guess I was wrong. Now I know way too much. I wish I didn't.
    My mom had a friend group that dated back to her high school years.

It started out as 5 or 6 women, but the number started to grow a bit as their children got older and left their homes. Maybe they had 8 or 9 people in their heyday.

Then a couple of them got into an argument over I don't know what and it pretty much shattered the group.

My mom still talks to everyone, but they'll never be that same group that they once were.

I thought that was so sad. You've been friends all of these years. Why let an argument do that to you?

It's not an argument I had. It's a conflict between two really close friends that I happen to spend the most time with. The tension has been there and for the most part I thought everything was ok. But to hear their differing versions most recently it will be hard to look at them the same way. I didn't know they were having such a hard time being in the same room together. Kinda takes the fun out of things.

. . .as I am now watching the clock and getting ready to spend time with said friends. The two that can't seem to put their differences aside 3 years later and my friend with never changing endless loop of negativity. There was one more added to the mix and for that I am thankful. She's neutral and very sweet.

Platinum Member
    For a pick me up I highly, highly recommend the book The Girls From Ames. I read his other books. He tragically died too young but what an amazing book about female friendship.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    It's not an argument I had. It's a conflict between two really close friends that I happen to spend the most time with. The tension has been there and for the most part I thought everything was ok. But to hear their differing versions most recently it will be hard to look at them the same way. I didn't know they were having such a hard time being in the same room together. Kinda takes the fun out of things.
    I realize that and I hear you. It sucks. It eventually devastated my mom's friend-group.

Something similar has been going on in my own high school friend-group, too. I stay out of it. I don't even want to know the details.

It's just a pity, is all.

S and I took the rv down south for two days. I used the hotspot on my phone so to use my lap top and still work. It was nice to get away but it wasn't all that different from sitting in my dining room to sitting in the dining room of the rv.
    I found myself a really antsy. The major tourist city was close by but because of either being on the clock or recent quarentine lifting, going there wasn't an option. So I paced back and forth around the rv park.

Unofficial word is we won't be going back into the office until July.

I am really trying to enjoy this time because i'll be back here whining when I have to go back. It's like retirement practice. The only difference is I would have the freedom to go somewhere. . anywhere.

Last weekend was exhausting. Two sons that are both city employees. . .both on call all weekend and right in the middle of protests. At least they didn't burn the cities down and things are now peaceful. Monday morning I was so emotionally drained, I didn't move from the couch most of the day.

While the news channels were showing larger cities and not much from smaller ones, I ended up signing up for twitter to follow the updates for one particular city my son supports. I am thinking 'I've beccome that Mom!' I've been around it my entire adult life. It's an entirely different thing when you are children are doing it.

It's overcast and dreary here this weekend. Trying to live in the moment.

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 232233234235

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice