LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 223224225226
Results 2,251 to 2,255 of 2255

Thread: Another online daing journal

I am meeting with a financial planner tomorrow. I have a (virtual) one through my work 401K plan. I inherited my mom's adviser while wrapping up her estate. He isn't a good fit for me because the conversations are very one sided and he loves the sound of his voice. I hang up each time more confused.

I have all a total of 5 accounts scattered about and no one will give me sound advise on what to do going forward. They all benefit from my accounts, mind you. I am hoping to fire everyone and start over with someone who is looking out for my personal best interest.

The proceeds from the sale of my moms house just happens to equal what the current balance of my home loan. One says pay it off, the other says doesn't. I am lost.

My carpool partner retired almost 2 years ago. This is the second season, back to school, after summer, where traffic is at it's all time high. My days just bumped from 11 hours to almost 12 hours a day. I just can't do it anymore. My wish is to quit and get a part time job close to home that would just basically fund my health care until I am of age to collect Medicare. It's a big leap of faith, but every day I can't think of a reason to stay here.

I just had some senior attorney b*tch at me about the scheduled carpet cleaning. It's in 2 weeks but he was grinding me about what would happen IF `he ate curry for lunch and threw up, would I make them wait until the 27th to clean it then!!???" Sigh. . I used to have a playful banter to offset nonsensical comments like this. But my tolerance is gone and I told him to call me if it ever happens. But until then, the carpet will be cleaned on the 27th.

Just a snapshot of my day. .all day, every day. I am the complaint department, even when there isn't anything to complain about. I'm in my 17th year here and I think it's just about run it's course.

Ahhh. . .breath. I leave Saturday for our annual week long girls trip to another state, 9 hours away. Going home to pack tonight AFTER my 2 hour drive home. 90 minutes if I'm lucky.

Platinum Member
    Sorry things are so stressful! I guess no other potential car pool partners- maybe even who work for another company like through Nextdoor?
    Curry -sigh.....

I completely understand the nonsensical stuff from attorneys. I work with them, too!

When I read your post last night, I was like holy sht!

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I am meeting with a financial planner tomorrow. I have a (virtual) one through my work 401K plan. I inherited my mom's adviser while wrapping up her estate. He isn't a good fit for me because the conversations are very one sided and he loves the sound of his voice. I hang up each time more confused.

I have all a total of 5 accounts scattered about and no one will give me sound advise on what to do going forward. They all benefit from my accounts, mind you. I am hoping to fire everyone and start over with someone who is looking out for my personal best interest.

The proceeds from the sale of my moms house just happens to equal what the current balance of my home loan. One says pay it off, the other says doesn't. I am lost.
    I feel your pain. I called my accountant for advice on how to consolidate some 401Ks and it was like opening an artery in shark infested water. It was just a simple question, but instead of answering it he confused me with jargon and vagaries. Then tried to scare/pressure me into hiring him to manage all of these confusing things. It was so obvious that he had an agenda.

He's a decent accountant but there's no way I'm hiring him for financial planning. I want someone who works for me and he obviously works for himself!

As far as your house goes, I don't know what options they've given you, but you will have a guaranteed return if you pay off your house, which will be the interest that you don't pay every year going forward. That's always been my strategy with money. With a home mortgage, the interest is generally low, but the high principle and long term cause the cost of your loan (total interest paid) approaches the value of your home! It's a guaranteed return.

What if you ask those guys, "Give me one reason why I shouldn't just pay off my house?" And just hold them to actually answering your question.

Or just fire em, lol.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    My days just bumped from 11 hours to almost 12 hours a day. I just can't do it anymore. My wish is to quit and get a part time job close to home that would just basically fund my health care until I am of age to collect Medicare. It's a big leap of faith, but every day I can't think of a reason to stay here.

I just had some senior attorney b*tch at me about the scheduled carpet cleaning. It's in 2 weeks but he was grinding me about what would happen IF `he ate curry for lunch and threw up, would I make them wait until the 27th to clean it then!!???" Sigh. . I used to have a playful banter to offset nonsensical comments like this. But my tolerance is gone and I told him to call me if it ever happens. But until then, the carpet will be cleaned on the 27th.

Just a snapshot of my day. .all day, every day. I am the complaint department, even when there isn't anything to complain about. I'm in my 17th year here and I think it's just about run it's course.

Ahhh. . .breath. I leave Saturday for our annual week long girls trip to another state, 9 hours away. Going home to pack tonight AFTER my 2 hour drive home. 90 minutes if I'm lucky.
    I don't know how you do it. I b*tch if I have to drive 40 minutes to work! I would totally go for the nearby job. Even if you did a full time shift you'd probably gain 3 hours per day!

Quit!
    Quit!
    Quit!
    Quit!
    Quit!
    Quit!
    Quit!
    Quit!

It's like a little cheer leading squad when I come here and read the supportive comments. Very much needed. ((hugs))

I loved this financial planner. He's a CPA as well and I filed an extension for my 2018 taxes because I was a little over whelmed trying to reconcile my moms. Now mine is due next month. Next on the list of things to do is the Trustee taxes? The tax ID in my name and I have no clue the ramifications of this.

Phew. I had a 4 inch folder of photo copied documents and a note pad with 20 questions. We covered a lot. Of course I wanted the crystal ball answer to my question.
    `When can I quit?' He smiled `Baby steps'

I signed over my moms accounts for him to manage. Bye bye to Dave the finance guy, who talked over me and wouldn't come up for air long enough to answer a question.

At one point the new planner vomited a bunch of investment jargon at me . ."the index of the gain, times the annuity", blah, blah. I glared at him and he laughed. `I just lost you, didn't I?' I asked him to dumb it down a little. Mind you, I am smarter than the average bear, at least I'd like to think so. But I need a dictionary of terms to understand all the nuances of investing. It's still a grey fuzzy area for me.

I left him with a list of things to take care of and we will, as he said, come up with a forecast for retirement before the end of the year. It's just a forecast, mind you. But it's a lot more than I had at the start of my day, today.

Tomorrow 6am . .Utah bound with 11 nutty women. Pray for me :)

Jibralta, This guy didn't sell me anything. He didn't even offer. He told me his views on things and ultimately put me in a position where I had to ask to work with him. And how much I wanted him to handle -which I really appreciated. So yah, your gut is spot on. Steer clear of the aggressive ones. Smart move.
    Last edited by reinventmyself; 09-06-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 223224225226

Give Advice
Ask For Advice