Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 216217218219
Results 2,181 to 2,184 of 2184

Thread: Another online daing journal

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Thank you Batya. You're so sweet.
    I just got out of a 2 hour long meeting where he handed me the pencil to draw my ideas.
    Pretty suuuurrreee I already did that. I sat motionless and stared at him. Besides, draw out what exactly? The furniture I can no longer buy?

2 hours later and we have a plan. <<<sigh>>>
    I am a little relieved but it doesn't need to be so d*mn difficult.
    Going home to hide under the covers.
    Yes, I can relate - honestly it feels like a parenting challenge -when the most basic of tasks take forever and get stressful, unnecessarily.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes, I can relate - honestly it feels like a parenting challenge -when the most basic of tasks take forever and get stressful, unnecessarily.
    Sorry to interject but oh my god, what an interesting perspective. Yes, my boss is exactly like a big child!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Sorry to interject but oh my god, what an interesting perspective. Yes, my boss is exactly like a big child!
    Yes- I wasn't even thinking of that but I can relate to that too! It's not true that "nothing can prepare you for parenting" ;-)

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Wow, I totally understand the situation with your boss. I think it's a lot like what I'm going through with mine. I feel for you, I really do.

I try to reassure myself with the fact that I'll probably only be staying at this company for a couple years--just enough to get some good experience, then I'll move on.

How have you managed to work for this man for 15 years?!?!
    It's a challenge is an understatement.

I have to remind myself all the time that it is a choice. No one is holding a gun to my head, so I choose to stay.

I do have to acknowledge that I do have a certain amount of autonomy and respect from the senior staff. My pay is close to double if I were to leave and take my skills elsewhere.

I might be able to retire early and I wouldn't be able to if I left at this point.

I do have to 'dumb it down' when projects come up and I have to work along side of him. It's hard because projects are stressful and often high profile. Balancing bring my A game and assuaging his fragile ego is kind of mind bending.
    As my bf puts it, 'he breaks your spirit'.

Outside of projects he pretty much leaves me alone when it comes to daily operations.

I consider the difference they pay me as combat pay. That and 7 weeks paid time off that's accumulative. I consider those my mental health days.

If I thought I'd still be working 10 years from now, I would have left a long time ago.

I've come this far, I can finish out the year or maybe two.

And if the timing is right, I light him up on my way out.

Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 216217218219

Give Advice
Ask For Advice