Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 219 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another online daing journal

" Ehh...... something doesn't seem right to me. But that's just my opinion. "

I hear yah. . !
    I get good feeling about his integrity but I have been fooled before.

M sounds nice, and the fact that he wanted to spend more time with you (with separate bedrooms) is nice, too. Make sure you lock it!

Originally Posted by WithLove
    M sounds nice, and the fact that he wanted to spend more time with you (with separate bedrooms) is nice, too. Make sure you lock it!
    Thanks WL!

Another dating journal! I love dating journals haha will be following yourself intently

About T, I just wanted to add that a year ago when I first became single, I met a nice guy online, I wasn't attracted to him and didn't think he was LTR potential for me, but we got along really well and we "dated" for 2.5 months, which basically just consist of going out to dinner once or twice a week and exploring different cool restaurants, occasionally a movie (we split 50-50 for majority of the time). It was fun and I also consider him a friend more so than a date. He never made a move either so I assumed he wasn't interested in dating me either. I never had the urge to clarify things so to speak since I wasn't interested in anything more than good company. All of this is to say I can understand why you do it for as long as you have haha... But I guess if you do (even subconsciously) want more with him, maybe it's time to make a decision.

T came into my life when I was wrestling with G. (the one I really liked, but didn't want a relationship and I was being intimate with G) I think I kept T in the picture as a means to not get anymore attached to G than I was. (didn't work)
    I just don't think T and I are a `love connection' but I see no harm in keeping him as a friend. If I sensed his discomfort or the thought he was expecting more, I may feel differently. He's not easy to read and as I mentioned earlier I haven't asked.

The proposed weekend trip has got me wondering though. Nothing is firm and he's looking into his timeshares. I didn't respond either. I don't need to do anything today . . so this will wait until I have alittle more clarity.

Thanks for the input NLady :strawberry:

so. . just to make things a little more complicated. I met someone during a break from the now exbf a little more than a year ago.

He has since relocated to the San Francisco area and I happen to travel there occasionally for work.
    When I do go there I have dinner with him and he's no more than a friend and he has often asked to come and visit my area. (So Cal)

My last visit 7 wks ago he again mentioned visiting. We also have opposite schedules so talking on the phone is close to impossible and every so often I get a text. He's a nice man and if the situation was different we may actually be a good fit.

I was wondering if he was still going to keep his word and come down in January like we spoke but as the time began to draw near I have serious reservations due to our lack of contact and feeling that with no more communication than texting we are basically strangers again. (in keeping with my pattern of not clarifying things I am avoiding dealing with) If my memory serves me well he was expected this coming weekend. I was a little relieved as it was drawing nearer that it wasn't going to happen. . Until last night, I get a text! (mind you I am going to the mountains with my new friend M

He wants to come Sunday thru Monday, the 25th and 26th. Because he has talked about this for so long and not acted on it, my household has changed as I now have my 28 yr son living with me, having just recently moved in temporarily so staying with me is not an option.

He is getting a hotel room and coming in town. I have mixed emotions about this because he seems to have this attraction to me and I could have one in return, but it's not possible without at least some talk time to develop something of a connection. Seeing him a couple times a year with only texting in between does absolutely nothing for me.

My last visit up north he was very physical with me, kissing, touching and he seemed confused with my pulling back. He stayed in my hotel room, separate beds and I just didn't feel comfortable with a man who I have known of for a while but basically no face time with.

My gf gives me a hard time asking how many times I have shared a room with a man in the last year and not had sex. I refuse to count but it is kinda funny if I think about it long enough. I will engage in my ongoing practice 2 times this month alone. . lol

I am a one man kinda girl. Dating gives me anxiety. But I am trying to not put all my eggs in one basket so to speak. Some say it's the best way but I am really not sure at this point.
    Last edited by reinventmyself; 01-08-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Just take him up on his offer of dinner. It's not sexual, it's not putting all your eggs in one basket, and you'll still get to see if any chemistry is there.

Originally Posted by WithLove
    Just take him up on his offer of dinner. It's not sexual, it's not putting all your eggs in one basket, and you'll still get to see if any chemistry is there.
    I have adopted this attitude lately . .that I don't have very much free time so I am learning to be choosey on how I spend it. My issue with this is I will dedicate 2 days to this (one work vacation day) for what purpose? It won't go anywhere due to schedules and distance. . and I have enough friends.
    I know it's harsh. . but I am a reformed self- less person and have learned to be some what selfish in (hopefully) a healthy way.

Whining about it isn't doing any good this morning because I already agreed. . .So I need to wrap my head around this one differently and enjoy it.

Pick something good off the menu - at the very least, you'll have had a great meal

[QUOTE=WithLove;6201828]Pick something good off the menu - at the very least, you'll have had a great meal

Aside from his plane trip and hotel stay I feel I need to offer to pay for dinner.

He paid for a plane ticket for me this summer and we stayed (separate rooms haha) at beautiful winery. He was extremely generous and I feel I need to not only extend the invitation but show him my town and make some attempt to repay his generosity.

This is the main reason why I couldn't say no to his visit (that he's paying for)

Page 2 of 219 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice