Grieving while I wait for my beloved dog to pass on

2600degrees

Last Friday, I got the news my springer spaniel of almost 9 years has terminal cancer. His appetite has been off for a couple weeks, and he hasn't eaten anything significant for about 4 days. I know things are getting close. He's not in pain (from what me and the vet can tell), but he's wearing out.

I stayed home today because I didn't want him to die alone. I figure I'll call the vet this afternoon and bring him in tomorrow to be put down. I don't want him to suffer. So sad...tears while I write this. I will miss him so much. God this is hitting me so hard. Tears.

I'm a believer in doggie heaven, so he'll be there with my other pets, Pippin(first dog), Sasha and Ferris (kitties). Thanks for listening and peace out.

-J

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. Nothing I can say will make this hurt any less. Just spend as much time as you can with him and give lots of love. That's all any dog wants and will help put him at ease.

One suggestion is to see if there is a vet service that will come to your home to do it. I found one when I had to put my Golden down a few years ago and it was much easier all around. The dog is more comfortable, you are more comfortable, it's quieter, no strange smells or other fears for the dog. I highly recommend it.

Last Friday, I got the news my springer spaniel of almost 9 years has terminal cancer. His appetite has been off for a couple weeks, and he hasn't eaten anything significant for about 4 days. I know things are getting close. He's not in pain (from what me and the vet can tell), but he's wearing out.

I stayed home today because I didn't want him to die alone. I figure I'll call the vet this afternoon and bring him in tomorrow to be put down. I don't want him to suffer. So sad...tears while I write this. I will miss him so much. God this is hitting me so hard. Tears.

I'm a believer in doggie heaven, so he'll be there with my other pets, Pippin(first dog), Sasha and Ferris (kitties). Thanks for listening and peace out.

-J

OP,

I am here with you my friend. My dog of 16 years is dying from arthritis. He's been my life long friend since I was a kid, I am now a grown man.

I have tears as I write this too as I have to call a vet soon to put him down. I am going through depression and heart break over this unlike anything else.

Take it from me, you're a great person for caring so much and being there for them.

Please keep in touch with me, we'll get through this.

Archived