Need help finding a book please

Keere

I've googled some combination of things but can't really find what I'm looking for.

Looking for a story of gaslighting. Something similar to what happened in the movie by the same name.

But perhaps more modern. Something like how they did in the movie on alcoholism with Meg Ryan.

All I can find is guidebooks, how to recognize, how to deal etc. and things like that with excerpts from people.

What I was hoping is there's a book telling a whole story from from start to finish from either perspective, victim or abuser, preferably victim.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn; The Poet’s Wife by Mandy Sayer: Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson. Both it and Gone Girl are being made into films. Nearest Thing to Crazy by Elizabeth Forbes is another one. The Book of You by Claire Kendall is another about a stalker using gaslighting tactics against the protagonist.

That's just to name a few that i know of and have read. It's fairly common as a theme in psychological and crime drama thrillers. You know, make the hero or heroine look crazy/guilty of all manner of things while they fight to find out who's behind it and clear their name.

Archived