Uh-oh... Paradise lost??

Purblind

Okay, so let me preface this by saying my gf is diagnosed bi polar. I'm trying to learn what to get pissed off about and what to ignore as a part of her disorder, it's really taxing me. She is on vacation now a thousand miles away now and I texted her earlier and she IMMIDEATELY brings up this disagreement we had the day before, long story short, we were trying to screw around on skype and I got pissed off because she kept texting on her phone and playing with her stupid doll, so I told her to call me when she was done playing around. I just felt like if I'm naked infront of her she would atleast pretend to pay attention. When it was HER idea in the first place. Anyway, she brought that up right away out of nowhere, the hit me with this when I got upset about her instigating stuff: Well today was pretty uneventful up until Tony and I decided to argue. I am starting to question his real intentions. Ive always known he is a troubled soul but never to this extent. He is toxic. I thought if you and a person were in a relationship together they're supposed to make your life better not worse. Misery loves company and I choose to not accompany him, its also better to be alone than in bad company and that's all that he's been lately. I miss me, I miss being myself doing what I WANT, watching movies that I want to watch, listening to music that I enjoy listening too, actually being able to take care of myself. I miss not having someone there whinning about any and every little thing I do wrong, I cant live like that. He is a child he demands so much of my time and energy and doesn't see that he is suffocating me in the process. Its no wonder all his ex girlfiends dumped him. That was really mean but it could be true I really don't know. I feel like were in such a totally different places in our lives. I have so much wisdom to share but he doesn't see that, he tries to make me out to be such a horrible person when I know I'm not. I know who I am, who I want to be, who I don't want to be and who I will not be. He chooses to have his eyes closed, please God help him. Sometimes I feel as if I'm years and years ahead of his time. There are people who simply want to see the most beautiful things destroyed just for their own sick twisted pleasure, he is one of those people. I cant help someone who isn't willing to help themselves, he is not emotionally stable, he was talking about burning my apartment complex down... yeah... A normal person does not say those kinds of things. I can feel his negative energy and rage right now that its making my head feel as if its about to explode, even though we are a thousand miles away. I'm not his mother I'm his girlfriend and he needs to see this. If this continues I will NOT stick around. In all honesty if I have my family and my REAL friends the ones that have stuck with me through thick and thin that's all I need. I don't have time for this constant uncertainty.

I've never dealt with bipolar people before, but that seems like she thought about it. It's not the impulsive rant they usually are. I get that people have to vent, but she sent it to me. She was trying to hurt me, right? Idk.

thought if you and a person were in a relationship together they're supposed to make your life better not worse.

This is absolutely 1,000 percent true. So why are you staying in a relationship that's making YOUR life worse? And I would point out that there are plenty of bipolar people in the world who make sure they treat their condition and they go about their life anyways. And they don't hide behind it as an excuse to mistreat loved ones and others. Just a thought there. Don't give someone a pass because they "had a rough childhood/disease/mental disorder/addiction/blah-blah-blah." In today's age we all know how and where to get help, how and where to manage the ills and problems we have.

The trick of course is whether we want to or we want to use it as an excuse. And dealing with someone who wants to use something, anything that hurts you, as an excuse to hurt and keep hurting you is a losing game. Life will not reward you in any way, shape or form for staying with someone who tears you down. If you stay in a bad relationship all you get is a bad relationship and all that goes with it.

Archived