Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried to write a book?

How fares your book-writing, OP? Did you finish? Edit? Send a query to a pub, or perhaps self-publish? Or get an agent?

Writing books is an exhausting process, or can be depending on how much of yourself you put into it.

There will be times you want to delete everything in your flash drive. Then there will be times you will cackle to yourself as you type, thinking, "Just wait 'til everybody gets a load of this."

There will be times you can't wait to get home to your manuscript. Then there will be weeks at a time where you won't go near it.

It's hard. Especially if you have a more creative mind and aren't necessarily good at sticking to rules, routines, etc.

And as you go and get more experienced, there are even more joys and tribulations to deal with. LOL.

Originally Posted by CML342
    How fares your book-writing, OP? Did you finish? Edit? Send a query to a pub, or perhaps self-publish? Or get an agent?

Writing books is an exhausting process, or can be depending on how much of yourself you put into it.

There will be times you want to delete everything in your flash drive. Then there will be times you will cackle to yourself as you type, thinking, "Just wait 'til everybody gets a load of this."

There will be times you can't wait to get home to your manuscript. Then there will be weeks at a time where you won't go near it.

It's hard. Especially if you have a more creative mind and aren't necessarily good at sticking to rules, routines, etc.

And as you go and get more experienced, there are even more joys and tribulations to deal with. LOL.
    Thanks for asking. have finished the first draft now 116k words. Going to start copyediting it next week. Have a publisher semi-interested but too early yet to submit. I'll let you know, and thanks for asking.

I have had a couple of pieces published and a 2 short stories in the mean time too. So its not all been my book although it seeems that it has taken over my life.

Nubnut

ok so now the manuscript is ready 114,267 words or about 400 pages of a normal size book page.

I got a couple of people proof reading it now and I'm working on the letter to an agent and the synopis. Should be ready to submit by the end of July.

I hope then I'll get an agent.

I'll let you guys know.
    Last edited by numbnut; 06-29-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typos

Well its been a while since I came here but there is good news. I have got a publisher who is going to publish my book!! Yay me!! It is currently going through the production cycle and will be launched in late srping 2016.

I'll give you more details closer to launch day.

Watch this space

Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice