Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21222324

Thread: I need to be less needy, clingy, and insecure. How?

The same thing happened to me and I will tell you what... It is because they didnt have the same feelings as I had for them. I know its hard and you love this person and you may think you'd prefer being with them and let them treat you this way than being alone... but you need to stand up for yourself! You deserve someone better.

Silver Member
    Just bringing this thread back up, how are you holding up MIL?

Bronze Member
    It has been approximately a month since I started this thread. I needed help with stopping my insecure and needy behavior. I have received an immense amount of advice here, most of which was very helpful and always appreciated. Some of the advice I followed, some I did not.

This forum has not been my only source for support and advice. I have been blessed with some really great friends and I have also sought the help of my therapist. In addition, I discovered 7cupsoftea, a really great site and some really supportive people.

A month later I feel that I am now mostly capable of overcoming my insecurities. Sometimes the weak man inside me tries to rise up, but when he does, I give him the mental version of a whack to the face with a shovel.

Both my girlfriend and I have made efforts to do what's necessary to move our relationship forward, treat each other with respect, and make the necessary compromises. It hasn't been easy. Some really unfortunate things have happened, but we have dealt with them.

In the space of a month I went from being insecure and stressed to being confident and optimistic about the future. I am blessed to have found this amazing woman and am still in awe of the fact that she feels the same way about me.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read and post. Your empathy and support have been invaluable.

I believe that this thread can now be closed.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I hope everything works out for you and i wish you the best but i must say one thing

you do struggle with some insecurities.. a lot of people do but i dont think its as bad as you make it out to be....

I think your issue is that you let people walk over you....you need to be more confident...you sound like a very
    nice person and you deserve someone who treats you equally as you treat them..whether it be this
    woman or another ...Dont be afraid to stick up for yourself....

Bronze Member
    Remember that all the work you are doing is for YOU, and not to keep this girl. She could disappear from your life tomorrow. The most important relationship you can work on is the one you have with yourself.

edit- just saw that the thread is closed. Good luck with everything.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21222324

Give Advice
Ask For Advice