I'm 20 years old, my short-term memory is terrible!!!

If somebody were to ask me what I did yesterday, I would have to think very very hard. It's easier for me to remember what I did last night and then work backwards towards morning. Or if somebody refers to something that happened the other day I can't even remember what day that happened, or right when i'm about to say something I forget right when I'm about to say it. My mom goes through the same thing but she's 50! I'm twenty years old and I don't think this is normal. I'm a college student, very studious with a 3.5 gpa. Is there a vitamin I can take? Or should I go see a doctor. Somebody told me its because I drink too much diet coke and the aspartame (artificial sweetner in diet drinks) is what affect my short-term memory capacity.

Should I really be woried? Lay off the diet coke? see a doctor?

Yes, laying off diet anything is a good start!

Did you just recently notice this as a 'change'? Have you been thru any Trauma in your life? There is such thing as PTSD, which can affect your Short term memory.

Try some 'brain challenge games'. Try to get it going in a different type pattern. There are different things to 'work the brain'.

Here are some related articles

link removed

link removed

Archived