Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you grateful for today?

Today, I am grateful for

All the people who have posted in this thread

The bottle of red wine in my kitchen

A quick, painless, and profitable day at work.

Today I am grateful for

buying new outfits
    for those two youngsters giving piggy back to each other and laughing at the street
    for speaking my mother tongue to my friend
    listening to music and dancing

Quirky, what's your mother tongue?

Today, I am grateful for the song "Lick It" by Skrillex, because when it came up on my playlist late in the workout, it motivated me to move faster and finish strong!

Platinum Member
    Today I am grateful for my parents (as always).

They came over and had bought me lovely plants and herbs for outside. It was a short visit, but very much appreciated.

Platinum Member poetryandlyrics's Avatar
    I am grateful for my community.

There was a... Social justice issues that I brought out about, a part that they were ignoring for people like me. The reaction I got was... Puzzling to me, as they were doing the same tactic I would have expected them to analyze on since it's very "pot calling kettle black." (I'm doing my best to keep this vague.) But... Unexpectedly, my own community saw what I did and supported me. Well. Don't I feel right at home.

Also, for my other new friend who is so incredibly generous and kind... Thank you, too. I'm definitely repaying your kindness with a free meal in a restaurant. I just felt I needed to show my appreciation because unfortunately, this is not something I'm used to. I'm cleaning house with my friendship, so to speak, to make room for friends like this. Now I have friends like this... I am glad and I like to show my appreciation. It may not seem like a big deal but it is for me.

Unexpectedly, my own community saw what I did and supported me. Well. Don't I feel right at home.
    That's great!!

Today I am grateful for the safety of my family, and for the podcast "Philosophize This!".

Grateful for an entertaining Game Six of the NBA playoffs in which the right team won . . . (sorry, Thunder fans) . . .

Platinum Member
    I feel grateful that my mother has wanted to go out three days in a row and we've had a very enjoyable three-day weekend. She may not have a lot of time left on this earth, but every smile and good time I can give her is a victory.

Originally Posted by ParisPaulette
    I feel grateful that my mother has wanted to go out three days in a row and we've had a very enjoyable three-day weekend. She may not have a lot of time left on this earth, but every smile and good time I can give her is a victory.
    That's great.

-My Facebook friend , I worked with him at my old hpjob, and every weekday he always has his very own motivational quote for everyone. Seriously. Every weekday. Always telling everyone to be great and keep positive and to keep trying. I mean I think it's pretty cool.

-Every time my nephew asks me to sit with him. The other night he explained in great detail that he was scared of smoke alarms because they were loud and I explained in great detail there was nothing to be afraid of. Could he drive my car, he wondered. Can't until he's bigger and won't get bigger if he doesn't eat more, I told him.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice