LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Almost) Naked Selfies

Platinum Member
    I agree with Lorem. A woman I know who posted photos like that ended up divorced (not because of the photos but because her exhibitionistic behavior led to cheating I guess). I unfriended her because I was afraid my child would see the photos on my Facebook. I don't think what your friend is doing has anything to do with social networking. Some women choose to flaunt their bodies and Facebook is one of many ways they can do that. It probably is about insecurity and needing to brag. Sad.

OR she just likes taking pictures.

Who the hell knows. I think analyzing someones behavior without actually knowing anything about their intellect or their person is a bit much. I have friends that change their profiles ALL the time, and then I have those that haven't changed their profile pic in what seems like forever! Some people post a ton of pictures and some hardly any. I don't really judge people based on their picture or how many their post.

Platinum Member poetryandlyrics's Avatar
    Self confidence in body is great and all, but considering the platform... It seems to go along the validating route. I mean, I must confess, I have no problem with being nude and going to nudists' places, but I hardly reveal that tidbit about me to the world or on Facebook because it's not a sexual thing to me and I don't want to be viewed as such.

I don't know the person well enough, yes, but.... I do wonder what's the point of posting it on Facebook?

Platinum Member
    I don't think assuming someone is probably insecure or looking for validation because they post overly sexual nearly nude pictures on a daily basis on a shallow social network that is mostly just used for likes and popularity is being over analytical.

It's called attention W horing no matter where it's being posted. Unless its a modelling career, what would be a reason you think they would be doing it, Bah?

The bottom line here is that: People who don't need to do such things, just don't do them.

Platinum Member
    I was agreeing thAt it's shallow and for attention typically thatwasthen!

Originally Posted by Bah2013
    I was agreeing thAt it's shallow and for attention typically thatwasthen!
    ... just re-read what you said, My bad, Bah.

Good question though: Those that don't think people post pics of themselves in their underwear are doing it because they are insecure and need the validation... What DO you think they do it for? Why do those that do that (that are reading this thread) do it?

Some people post a ton of pictures and some hardly any. I don't really judge people based on their picture or how many their post.
    It's the dynamic of the picture I'm debating and not so much how often they change the picture or how many they post. So: Why do you think they post pics of themselves in the nude then, petite?

I think it's really tacky to post pictures of yourself in your underwear. Some things should be private. (I also do not like it when couples post pictures of themselves making out.)

Even fully dressed selfies, all the time ... Why? I love seeing pictures people post of funny, interesting things, of them out doing something, of their family - lots of things, really! But just a selfie, I'm not really interested.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    ... just re-read what you said, My bad, Bah.

Good question though: Those that don't think people post pics of themselves in their underwear are doing it because they are insecure and need the validation... What DO you think they do it for? Why do those that do that (that are reading this thread) do it?

It's the dynamic of the picture I'm debating and not so much how often they change the picture or how many they post. So: Why do you think they post pics of themselves in the nude then, petite?
    I have never seen any of my friends post pictures of themselves naked, or even in underwear. In bikini yes, underwear - no. People travel and post pictures in the pool, by the pool at the beach in a bikini. I don't see a problem with that and frankly don't spend too much time looking at peoples photos to analyze why they might be posting a bikini shot on facebook. for all I know they might be really enjoying their holiday.

It's also possible to turn the table around and say hmmm those people that hide their bodes behind big loose sweaters are insecure and are trying to hide things they might not like about their bodies. why do people flaunt pictures of their homes on facebook, new cars, hundreds of vacation pictures. Could it be that they want others to be jealous of their travels, homes, cas, possessions? Every situation can be twisted and turned.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cynder
    Lol... I'm a bisexual female, so I think the pics are hot too. But (as lame as it sounds) her "look at me, look at me" attitude kind of ruins it. Beautiful people who don't know they are beautiful are more of a turn on.
    Most beautiful people know that they are beautiful.

As they say, "If you got it, flaunt it". And if you don't, wear a shirt to the beach.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice