Spring Time!!! Lets Get In Shape Thread!!!

We had the 90 Day workout Challenge thread...wth happened? Lol..I think we all got sidetracked...

It's March! Not officially Spring, and still cold in parts if the country. I for one am ready for a tan, and some

sunshine, and to feel healthy! How about you guys? Im going to Key West in a month....I can't be all white and pasty ..and chubby LOL!

So I worked out today! Feeling better already...

Lets get rid of these winter blues...and get re motivated!

I won't even say this is a 90 day workout challenge. Just post here if you need motivation or if you DO manage to finish a goal or challenge. Be an inspiration to others!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woops, sorry JA, I left the country and ate really good food and drank beer instead. Although I was still working out.

I've been back at it for a month, and getting the "you look thinner" comments, although that's because I got rid of the beer bloat, and am doing yoga, soccer, and weight lifting.

Long story short.....

Sign me up!

As for weather is 66F and sunny, thinking of hiking today!

I need some motivation

I've signed up with my eldest daughter to do a 56 mile cycle ride in mid-may. Her level of fitness is way above mine. I started training yesterday. Aching a bit today, but hopefully will stick with it!

Woops, sorry JA, I left the country and ate really good food and drank beer instead. Although I was still working out.

I've been back at it for a month, and getting the "you look thinner" comments, although that's because I got rid of the beer bloat, and am doing yoga, soccer, and weight lifting.

Long story short.....

Sign me up!

As for weather is 66F and sunny, thinking of hiking today!

Lol...I'll give you a pass. You were on vacation after all!! Glad you're back!!

Starting the day off right and how good you feel is awesome motivation, isn't it? Go you!

Mostly working for flexibility...but I want to re-certify within the next couple of years, so I need to get back on my game.

Ashtanga Sun Salutation, Warrior I, Humble Warrior, Warrior II, Reverse Warrior, Warrior III. Dolphin pushups (x5 - these are ridiculously difficult if you have limited upper-body strength). Down-dog leg lifts. Repeat x 3 cycles. King Dancer pose progression. Corpse. Done.

Trying to do this at least once daily (as a minimum cycle) - sometimes doing morning and evening.

What my coach tells me: "Where the mind goes, the body will follow." Been using that to tell myself Yes I can, Yes I can over and over. Ran 3.5 miles this Saturday and then 9 miles on Sunday. Exciting for me; I was always a sprinter, never a distance runner. Last summer I could hardly make 3 miles.

I feel like I am training my brain.

My core (ab muscles) recoginize this fact. I have progressed to 2 minutes for a standard.

However, once competency is reached, my trainer ups the ante.

The "new" plank is 15 seconds of basic, than 15 sec of lifting each limb off ground in a rotation. Then 15 sec of alt arm and leg off ground.

While that "only" takes 2 minutes --- and I have 58 minutes left in the hour!!!!

I have taught myself to run for more than an hour at a time, and I hate it, or I think I do, but I love that I am doing it. Its a strange dichotomy. Sometimes, I spend the whole hour saying Yes I can over and over. The whole hour! Or longer! Because I want to stop in the first 10 minutes. Seriously. It seems impossible to get the cardio in when my brain is defeating me like that. It takes constant self-talk to get through.

Then I find out, that is true for actual real runners. Maybe this is just normal.

I think I am teaching myself to manage anxiety. But I haven't figured out how it applies to my work life yet.

I have a gym in my basement....and it takes me a half hour to convince myself to go down there!!

I have found if I walk in, change clothes and do not sit down to do anything --- it will work.

And ITIC --- same for me in regard to the first 10 minutes on eliptical. I tell myself....I will do it for 10 min. And then -- "ok, another 10" and talk myself thru

the entire workout.

My trainer tells me --- "whatever works".

I also try and do a "personal best".....not every time, but like every 4-5x....whether it is faster, or more reps, or whatever.

Another tip (in the Olympic fashion):

Gold --- what goes in your mouth

Silver --- cardio consistently

Bronze --- weight training.

(this from a man I hired to do...weight training!!)

Arrgghhh.... Due to work, I didn't get to work out yesterday or this morning. My preferred time of day to work out. Im still in a good mood, but it really keeps me motivated when Im consistent.

Oh well....will have to double up!!

Arrgghhh.... Due to work, I didn't get to work out yesterday or this morning. My preferred time of day to work out. Im still in a good mood, but it really keeps me motivated when Im consistent.

Oh well....will have to double up!!

Know the feeling -- however, whenever I promise myself to "double up" and don't....I feel worse!

Just get back on the horse and aim for 5-6 workouts a week....life has a way of getting in the way.

Last night went to a really tough yoga session, their highest level offered at 105F... I usually faint my way out of them... I went with my cousin's best friend, and I think he's going to sign up...so gonna have a yoga buddy. My last yoga buddy I thought was gay and started dating my ex-gf, so hopefully things go differently with this one!! It's really motivating to do the moves though with a bunch of fit men and women, makes you want to keep coming back for more and changing...

Also I almost consider yoga a drug...after a good hit I forget what was bothering me at work. Probably the only thing keeping me sane lately...

Tonight is more yoga and weight training.

My trainer tells me --- "whatever works".

I also try and do a "personal best".....not every time, but like every 4-5x....whether it is faster, or more reps, or whatever.

Another tip (in the Olympic fashion):

Gold --- what goes in your mouth

Silver --- cardio consistently

Bronze --- weight training.

(this from a man I hired to do...weight training!!)

As a person that used to get hired to tell people what to do, I'd argue that mhowe! Silver and Bronze are interchangeable based on goals

Archived