Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need to know...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Ms Darcy
    I think you are making an art of parsing words so I'll just leave it at this. Happiness isn't about the things you do or what you have. Being in love won't make you happy. Travelling the world won't make you happy. Happiness is about your mindset. It's understanding your core values and using your mental energy and general activities to cultivate a long-standing self-image of peace, connection, and fulfillment.
    Oh I found what you said to be all about substance, not about parsing words or semantics. I do think travelling the world can make you very happy if travelling the world is a dream of yours, especially if it challenges and stretches you. The travel is just a manifestation of the internal mindset. I think we agree on that. And I know that being married and having a family makes me happy because of why I wanted those things and what I did to attain those goals.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dbryan1978
    I'd like to hear some stories of how some of you have dealt with constant rejection and can still carry on with your life. I've just experienced another rejection and I'm almost at my breaking point.
    Don't take it personal. It's normal to feel a bit of a sting, but that should be it. It really has very little to do with you. People can't help who they are attracted to.

I'm not everyone's cup of tea, whatever. That's life.

Bronze Member
    I agree with Ms Darcy that doing external things is not meaningful enough unless you consciously derive happiness from it. I've traveled a lot and done a lot of cool stuff too but I often find people that haven't done much and lived in the same town for 3 decades are happier than me. Those external things should be making you happy. I think it requires conscious effort before it becomes natural - watch your thoughts and emotions and constantly direct them towards positive thoughts.

flower888 if your ever on I would like to talk to u, I found ur thread from 2011 and just wanted to know how u made it through everything because i find myself feeling the same way as u

What kind of profile and photos do you have? What kind of sites are you using? Cheap/free? Hookup? Paid? Develop a system that rules out psychos and damage goods asap. Do not waste time on that or anyone who is "busy" or otherwise uninterested. Send a few messages back and forth then cut to the chase and set up a low key coffee meet. It's not about 'they are rejecting you" it's about either the meet goes well..or it doesn't. If it doesn't so what? You move on. If it goes well you secure a second date.
    Originally Posted by dbryan1978
    I'm told there's no attraction, they don't date, this last one said she can't trust men at all?

Originally Posted by Jo0911
    flower888 if your ever on I would like to talk to u, I found ur thread from 2011 and just wanted to know how u made it through everything because i find myself feeling the same way as u
    This thread is five years old and "flower888" has not returned for five years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice