Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to know...

Step #1 - start meeting women in real life, not online. This way you will know for sure if there is an attraction and if they are interested in dating.
    Some people are just not wired for online dating. I know I'm not. Online, my profile gets ignored 99% of the time, while every single time I go out, I get approached by numerous guys. Had I based my worth on what happens online, my ego would be in the dumpsters, lol.

Step #2 - don't let the fact that a bunch of strangers that know nothing about you rejected you be a measure of your value and who you are as a person. You shouldn't give strangers that much power over you, to bring you to the breaking point! They are meaningless people who have their own faults and issues, and their opinions mean nothing.

Step #3 - don't make finding a woman the main goal of your life. Live, enjoy, hang out with friends and family and do things that you like doing. We can smell desperation from a mile away, and just as men don't like it, neither do we.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Ms Darcy
    I think you need to see a therapist, given your other threads.
    I am. She tells me to do what I need to do to be happy. I've traveled the world, I've done things that other people can only dream about. I've preformed in bands, did stand up comedy, and even saved someone from drowning once. I don't need anymore adventures. I want to settle down with someone special and grow old with them.
    Last edited by dbryan1978; 02-26-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Add

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dbryan1978
    I'm told there's no attraction, they don't date, this last one said she can't trust men at all?
    You can only have some degree of control over the first item on the list.

Do you take care of yourself physically?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Angler
    You can only have some degree of control over the first item on the list.

Do you take care of yourself physically?
    I try to take care of myself as best I can. I am a little on the heavy side. I'm about 30 lbs overweight. It's hard to work out due to an injury sustained while I was in the military.

I am. She tells me to do what I need to do to be happy. I've traveled the world, I've done things that other people can only dream about. I've preformed in bands, did stand up comedy, and even saved someone from drowning once. I don't need anymore adventures. I want to settle down with someone special and grow old with them.
    None of those external things bring happiness. You should talk to her about what internal happiness means for you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Ms Darcy
    None of those external things bring happiness. You should talk to her about what internal happiness means for you.
    I disagree - reaching goals and stretching yourself can bring internal happiness. I would try to avoid giving the impression to someone else that you're done with adventures - growing with someone means continuing to have adventures and stretching yourself -maybe not traveling the world - but I'm sure you want to keep a serious relationship fresh and interesting and also show your future children what it means to be adventurous and have a zest for life.

I think meeting through online dating sites is an excellent way to meet women for serious relationships as long as you meet in person ASAP and don't try to have a relationship online.

Platinum Member
    I try to take care of myself as best I can. I am a little on the heavy side. I'm about 30 lbs overweight. It's hard to work out due to an injury sustained while I was in the military.
    At least you're honest about being overweight. There are a few guys on here who are in denial about being overweight.

If exercise is difficult, look at tidying up your diet. Weight loss is more dependent on diet than exercise.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Angler
    At least you're honest about being overweight. There are a few guys on here who are in denial about being overweight.

If exercise is difficult, look at tidying up your diet. Weight loss is more dependent on diet than exercise.
    For me I've found it far more dependent on exercise -speeds up your metabolism and as you feel better and are more in tune with your body you're more likely to make better choices/better portion control. Also I drink more water because I exercise and that of course fills you up and takes away the trigger for sweeter drinks.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    For me I've found it far more dependent on exercise -speeds up your metabolism and as you feel better and are more in tune with your body you're more likely to make better choices/better portion control. Also I drink more water because I exercise and that of course fills you up and takes away the trigger for sweeter drinks.
    Your post has a lot of merit for sure, especially the "in tune" part.

I always fall back to "you can't outwork a bad diet". I (and a lot of guys) can polish off a large pizza and a box of beer if allowed. I think that works out to about 2.5 days on the elliptical!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I disagree - reaching goals and stretching yourself can bring internal happiness. I would try to avoid giving the impression to someone else that you're done with adventures - growing with someone means continuing to have adventures and stretching yourself -maybe not traveling the world - but I'm sure you want to keep a serious relationship fresh and interesting and also show your future children what it means to be adventurous and have a zest for life.

I think meeting through online dating sites is an excellent way to meet women for serious relationships as long as you meet in person ASAP and don't try to have a relationship online.
    I think you are making an art of parsing words so I'll just leave it at this. Happiness isn't about the things you do or what you have. Being in love won't make you happy. Travelling the world won't make you happy. Happiness is about your mindset. It's understanding your core values and using your mental energy and general activities to cultivate a long-standing self-image of peace, connection, and fulfillment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice