Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415

Thread: 9 years and a child.....karma is 10 fold.

Gold Member
    VH, start a diary (either online or written) if that is helping you deal. Life's a marathon, remember that. You'll have to let your ex go before you can enjoy any kind of a meaningful relationship. It's not fair to the other person if you cannot give 100% of yourself.

Originally Posted by shessofly
    Did you ever restart therapy?
    No but it's really been in the back of my mind lately. I'm not sure to what end it the sessions will take me but perhaps it's a simple approach to compiling everything I perceive through a different perspective.

I will look into this again (especially since I have insurance).

Originally Posted by sky09
    VH, start a diary (either online or written) if that is helping you deal. Life's a marathon, remember that. You'll have to let your ex go before you can enjoy any kind of a meaningful relationship. It's not fair to the other person if you cannot give 100% of yourself.
    Honestly, this is my diary in a way. I know my posts have been prolongued somewhat but it's nice to know that I can always come back and just release. Good to hear from you Sky! How are you? Seems like you've been here from the beginning and I really appreciate that.

I believe I've let go but there are days when the what if's come running back to my mind ( so then perhaps I haven't). You are absolutely right in terms of committing myself. I am genuinely happy with my new girlfriend and am processing it as best as I can while still dealing with my past life on a regular basis. She is helping me move on by helping me create new memories and intimate experiences which is amazing to have again.

The best way to describe my dealings is sort of a PTSD-esque flashback. They are far and few nowadays but at times something will trigger them. It's taken a while but I'm a million times better than where I was at the beginning of this thread.

My feelings are a work in progress and it's a mess at times but all in all I think things are going well.

More to come!

Today marks 6 years. Itís 2am and sitting in my driveway inside my car while my newborn son and girlfriend sleep in the house.

My ex took my daughter to my home country for the next 5 days. She is now nine years old. Her mother is still with the DJ. Itís safe to say they are committed. Which is fine. Doesnít bother me.

Our co-parenting has taken a turn for the worst. Words have been said that can never be forgotten. To think that right now 6 years ago I would do anything to be with her again and now the sheer thought is inconceivable. We have verbally tore each other apart and my daughter has no idea. Shielding her has at least been non-verbally agreed on.

Iím so lost emotionally. Iím in a new relationship. We have a child (unplanned).

It wasnít supposed to be like this.

Gold Member
    dang, was hoping for a cheerful post from you, buddy.

congrats on the new baby, even if unplanned! why do you feel lost?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415

Give Advice
Ask For Advice