Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Why can't vampires see their human clothes in mirrors?

Mulder68

They are supposed to, i just think it looks less dramatic if the dude looks in the mirror and we see a floating shirt.

I'll make something up with my extensive background in horror and sci fi geek writing; vampires are believed to come from the offspring of human and demon, they were tainted by the dark essence ever since, so everything they touch turns to darkness. Hence why long living vampires homes turn to twisted and dark- brooding environments. Their darkness is so much, they taint their clothes and prevents LIGHT from being reflected off their clothes in mirrors.

If you know of one... then let thor know. I am part of an ancient circle of vampire hunters that stretches from America, to Spain to ancient Egypt.

Some movies have it that they dont cast a reflection in mirrors, thats the turning point for people who turn into vampires usually - they dont believe they are vampires until they see they cant cast reflections in the mirror anymore. Some horror movie-lore claim its because of them not reflecting light, or if you go back to medieval times its believe that they didnt have souls.

Some movies have the vampires fearing mirrors, like Last Man On Earth (which actually started the zombie genre - they were vampires originally, but resembled zombies)/ He would place mirrors on the doors to frighten off the vampires when they came looking for him.

I used to be part of a vampire hunting team when i was 14 (i was the leader - i forgot my codename). I used to walk with a bookbag with sharp wooden stakes, cruxifixes, mirrors, garlic, and i took my moms jug of holywater, and i used to ride my bicycle to the cemetery, put salt on the ground, and waited for them to show up - well until the caretaker of the cemetery saw me and chased me down... sheesh, i was just trying to protect earth.

I used to be part of a vampire hunting team when i was 14 (i was the leader - i forgot my codename). I used to walk with a bookbag with sharp wooden stakes, cruxifixes, mirrors, garlic, and i took my moms jug of holywater, and i used to ride my bicycle to the cemetery, put salt on the ground, and waited for them to show up - well until the caretaker of the cemetery saw me and chased me down... sheesh, i was just trying to protect earth.

thor honest to god HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

fabulous

@ Thorshammer that last paragraph you wrote is cool and sounds like fun to do as a kid. Lost boys

That movie is the reason why i was chased by some old greek guy in a beatdown cemetery. That movie made me nuts and i was copying the coreys and their frog brothers team that killed vampires (that and monster squad), i actually listen to the cry little sister song from that movie when i am driving (thou shall not crrrrrry - crrrry cry little sister!!).

Archived