This Here is Why Everybody Should Work Out With Weights

Bigdave117

45 year old Michael O'hearn

image removed

40+ year old Sagi Kalev

image removed

40+ Year old Dwayne Johnson

image removed

Long story short: Lifting weights is great for your body and mind. It's an intense form of exercise that is quite exhilarating and also helps to keep you looking great and fight aging/weight gain/etc...

Ok........ that is seriously YUCK. ~heads for the hills~

Huh? Those guys look absolutely amazing for any age, much less their age

I'm not talking about how big they are, obviously they're all massive but look at their complexion and how healthy they look. Sagi looks healthier than most 25 year olds

^ Oh I agree, they DO look healthy and kudos to them for that. I just can't stand that awful muscle-man look, it put me off for life, lol.

Nobody in the general public will ever get anything in the same universe as that level of muscular development without steroids anyways so that's not what I was talking about, more about how healthy and youthful they look at 40+

I don't think that a lot of muscles make you look healthy. Strong - yes. But not particularly healthy in each case. Everything should be balanced.

And that Sagi guy looks like he enjoys tanning beds a little too much. )))

Sagi is from the middle east, I don't think he tans too much...maybe here and there. I'm Armenian and have a similar skin tone naturally even in winter time without ever tanning

Anyways I do agree with you, but all the gentlemen in the original post live an excellent lifestyle of heavy weight lifting, some cardio, proper diet, proper rest and they all look great at 40+. I'm tired of seeing 30 year olds complain about the aging process when you have people who look like that at 40+

I seriously regret googling those first two guys.

Thread title should be changed to: This Here is Why Everybody Should Stay Away From Roids

That bodybuilder look is completely unnatural. I don't think these men look good or youthful at all. Dwayne Johnson looks okay, but he's still a bit too muscular for my tastes. Not nearly as bad as the other two though. My personal opinion is that no man should strive to look like them because they look awful.

Lucky you! I am a snow white in winter, and I turn this earthy-olive dark in summer with tons of freckles.

I agree - these guys look cool for their age. It also depends on your roots, just like skin color does. Some people look 15 at 25, just because they do)

Still, its a question of taste. I don't like my man to be too hard all over. Just in some places, you know)

I'm a big advocate of working out with weights. As a woman, one of my biggest motivations to do it (besides to look good) is to keep my bones strong into middle and then later age.

Who wants to have to deal with shrinkage and being all crippled up later on?! Not me. And this is one way to cut down the risk of it.

Lifting weight is only small part of it. Most important is diet and also doing Cardio to keep body fat down.

Ben Stiller is my role model. He is in great shape and 48. He always seems to cover himself up so he won't look so build in his movies.

I'm a big advocate of working out with weights. As a woman, one of my biggest motivations to do it (besides to look good) is to keep my bones strong into middle and then later age.

Who wants to have to deal with shrinkage and being all crippled up later on?! Not me. And this is one way to cut down the risk of it.

Ahahaha, I JUST figured out how to multi-quote!!!

yes, I agree that Ben Stiller has a great body!

And I agree with itsallgrand, I worry about my bones too! I really need to get my azz in gear and get back to my fitness regimen, I've been hibernating.

Archived