LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 130 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Imsuperman Files

The Imsuperman Files

So this is another crack at a journal thing. No one will read this.

I'm still looking for more "gainful" employment after getting a second college degree in May. I look about every day for a job and try to apply to one to three a day. I'm still working about 34 hours a week at my current gig. I train people and administer different fitness tests. It just doesn't pay enough. If our pay was based on performance, I'd be maxed-out. I run circles around the other people with the same job. It's not cockiness, it's just I've been there more than four years and it's the truth. It's no secret.

My hours were cut beginning in October and ending at the start of December because the city I work for didn't want to give us health insurance. To make up the money I started a second job one day a week in the same building. It's event set-up. It's not bad, but I don't think they like me there nearly as much as my main boss does. Short story long, someone wrote me a letter on my schedule saying to do a certain thing, the first I'd heard of it. The following week the schedule said there was nothing going on in that area, so I didn't do that thing because I had no other reason to be in that room. So they then left me a PRINTED note about it the following week, and I told them why it happened in a note. Four weeks later someone else writes me a note about the it again, though it hasn't recently applied to the current schedule. Basically it turned into the Office Space scene where like three times they tell him about the cover sheet. Yeah, I just forgot that one time. Crucify me. Why are we still talking about it this long after when it doesn't apply anymore? That's the rub, though. If you do a job well enough for long enough, people will always look ever-harder for deficiencies. That's a big, big thing I've learned. The exception is my main boss, who loves me. We really have grown closer in the last year or two. He's really the only person I've worked for that gets me I think. He knows I don't need or want to be smothered, and that I like to figure things out for myself. Yes, sometimes I'm a little distant and in my own head. But I get everything done and there's no one I hate or can't work with. I even began chatting with another guy's client that I really didn't like because he would talk bad about our staff, and now we kind of have this respect for each other that I never thought possible.

Other than that, things are what they are. My sister finally divorced her psycho man. My nephew turned three earlier this month. He is amazing.

I have a pen pal in eastern Europe. She's cute and really cool. Female version of me almost. We will never meet in person. Met her on a random chat site in mid-April last year on an evening of hopeless boredom (and haven't been back to that site since.) We email. Used to be daily now it's more like weekly as she's spaced out her replies over the last couple of months. I don't mind. I'm happy I've known her.

Ok ok. I know. (See attached)

Saw a good friend for the first time in months and months eight days ago. We took in a college game at his alma mater. Just like old times. And we got in free because he's head of the Varsity Alumni Association there.

I've been shooting basketball more lately and nothing is more therapeutic than that. I love the game so much. Gotta get best friend (my cousin) up to run some games.

Also on the health front I'm down to about 190 at 6-3 or 6-4 and feel better than I ever have truly. At my heaviest I was 215. I lost very gradually though. I was already down to 194 ish in the summer of 2012 and hardly anyone noticed. I've been at 190 for months and months now and people are just now noticing. When you're tall though, some will always say you look too thin. A co-worker re-assured me that I looked strong and that my shoulders and chest were big. She has a Master's in some health field. Let's go with her word. Women notice me more now that I'm more fit, but not enough to really talk to me if I don't already know them. That's kind of the old, "The more things change, the more they stay the same" type of thing. I try to just work out hard three or four times a week. The shoulders thing is funny because I don't really do much direct shoulder work. Just lifting my nephew to the ceiling when he's around.

So yeah. The job search kind of sucks because I feel like I'm a job away from really be squared away, though I know almost no one is content for long. The lack of a lady friend kind of sucks too, though I don't know how ready I am for dating due to my current financial situation. Probably no one would date me anyway. Kind of think this girl I work with is cute, but she's in a different area and we aren't really in the same place often. And when we are, she doesn't even look at me, (though she will from afar.) Friday she finally popped up where I am, only to ignore me for the hour she was there. Ok. Cool. Lots of people have effort problems. Or shyness problems. (Both?) I struggle with my own sometimes.

That's about it for now. Long and rambling, as is my custom.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 01-26-2014 at 12:51 PM.

This evening, my nephew, age three, came up, and out of nowhere, in relation to nothing we were talking about, patted me on the chest and said, "You gotta be in charge."

Thought I'd share that

Imsuperman Receives More Motherly Advice and Clears the Air at Not Main Job

Shot some more baskets today before clocking in. Realized I'm better with my feet shoulder width apart on the release. Sometimes I let my feet get too far under me. If they're too close together, I shoot horribly.

While shooting, the same married co-worker who said not too listen to other people saying I was too skinny told me today that I sell myself short. Sigh. I think I'm worse at taking compliments than I am at taking criticism. I did admit to being very critical of myself. (I mean just because I don't boast about anything (in public))?

She also said I take a while to warm up to people. I've always been like that though. I kind of assume everyone I meet probably doesn't like me...so I'm a little distant. Then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Then she said I would make a good boyfriend again. I disagreed. She said "See what I mean! I know good men when I see them."

I think the thing with that is now that I'm older I know who I am, but I still don't expect anyone will like me as I am.

The work thing at the Tuesday job wasn't even an issue with the boss it turned out. She didn't even know about it. I apologized anyway and said I was an idiot about it. Because I was. I wanted to go ahead and get that clear. Me being paranoid about something that wasn't perfect...as usual.

[QUOTE=imsuperman;5944030]This evening, my nephew, age three, came up, and out of nowhere, in relation to nothing we were talking about, patted me on the chest and said, "You gotta be in charge."

Thought I'd share that

I also have a nephew that recently turned three! In December, actually. And I love it when really young kids say things like that. Some people just dismiss that kind of stuff as "things kids say" but... I think it's possible that young children just might be tapped in to something us adults don't perceive.

Anyway, guess you were wrong about no one reading this.

Originally Posted by LikeWater
    I also have a nephew that recently turned three! In December, actually. And I love it when really young kids say things like that. Some people just dismiss that kind of stuff as "things kids say" but... I think it's possible that young children just might be tapped in to something us adults don't perceive.

Anyway, guess you were wrong about no one reading this.
    Well you can suit yourself, but this is just gonna be me me rambling to exhaustion haha.

Yeah he turned three almost two weeks ago. I keep thinking about that and I agree. I think it's something I needed to hear. It really struck me because I've been thinking a lot lately on leadership and how I want to be better at it, but sometimes I waffle a little and I'm not bold or decisive enough.

It was funny. He was wearing a black cowboy hat and it was dark. He said it with the most serious expression on his face.

That and the above conversation with my friend at work really is a lot to chew on. I'm pretty fortunate, I get all this therapy I don't even have to pay for.

Weekend/Basketball Musings

"I started watching one but thought I may have an aneurysm so I stopped." -Me to my best friend/cousin, who asked if I'd seen our 13 year old cousins annoying Facebook videos that she uploaded today where she talks into her webcam and tries to be cute.

These last two Saturdays have been cool. Just watching a lot of basketball. Reading. My PS3 has been silent a few weeks now outside of a couple movies.

Ohio State's Ambien finally wore off and they beat Wisconsin in Madison. Craft was so clutch down the stretch. It was cool to see. At the start of the second half, he came out to mid court and did his ritual of squatting down on the balls of his feet and closed his eyes. I really hoped he'd figure it out today right then. Seven straight points late. Smart ball in the second half. Dumped it to Scott then got in the way of Scott's man so he could hit an uncontested three. Ran his defender into a screen and drilled one himself.

Might watch some Duke-Syracuse here.

A woman in my department may kind of like me. But she started dating some guy. She keeps checking to see if I have a reaction. I do not. She's probably the 200th woman that has tried this with me, and I'm still batting a thousand on not showing any jealousy or emotion. Why change the ideas she has already formed about me? I'll be what everyone wants me to be. Ice cold. I'm tired of everyone baiting me and then getting mad when I don't react. It's not really even a source of anger for me. Just disappointment and a little exhaustion.

Ug

Body aches today. I've had the very slightest of throat soreness for the past two days, only on the left side and only when I swallow. Just feeling that worn down type of thing. Not even really sick, just feels like I've hiked several, several miles, rolled down a hill, and haven't slept in sixty hours. I've gotten a flu shot every year for the last several. I'm very rarely sick. I need a massage. Forever.

Usually my body aches begin in my neck and upper traps in my back. My friend at work and I call it Tall Man Syndrome. Today my arms ache too. My feet were earlier. Discomfort and exhaustion. I feel like I could sleep until Wednesday.

RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Great actor. Capote is probably Top 10 for me and I'm a big movie guy.

The Super Bowl sucked. Also racists and jingoists came out to play over a TV ad. I was not happy. You wonder how some people manage to breathe.

Had a dream last night I was at a beach. But there was a water slide too somehow. Both sound nice.

[video=youtube;MW6E_TNgCsY] ]

Sorry you under the weather....hope you feel better....I'll second that massage!!!!!
    Beach sounds nice your the second person to mention it, makes me almost want to jump in my car and head there now, its only 2 1/2 hours always and right now its 53 clear and calm.

^ Thanks feel much better today. At about ninety percent. Nose is running a little, but I feel good and not completely worn out like I did last night. Worked out this morning. Will shoot some baskets before work.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 02-03-2014 at 02:05 PM.

More Basketball Diaries/Winter Sucks

Was a little achy after shooting yesterday. Didn't shoot as well either. Made three NBA-range threes in a row at the end which made me feel like it was close to average for a shootaround. I willed the second one in by squatting down after I released it because I knew it would be close. I have a closing routine when I shoot basketball. I have to swish one jumper and then make a close-range shot that only touches the backboard and the net. The final three secured the first part, and I completed the second so I could quit.

Luckily I'm feeling better today.

Big snow coming tonight into tomorrow. 6 inches. Yay. Last year we had very little winter, so I guess everyone should have figured on this one not being fun. Last year it seemed like we only had accumulating snow like twice and it was in the 40s and 50s (Fahrenheit) most of the time.

As a side note, one thing I've really noticed since getting another college degree in May is that the days and weeks move very quickly now.

Page 1 of 130 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice