Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Imsuperman Files

Not much new. Work's going better every day. Email buddy from Croatia got back yesterday morning (I had emailed like 1.5 months ago) She has a tendency to randomly pop up at times she's on my mind, which she was earlier this week, (which is a little weird how that happens)

Is Croatia e-mail buddy within reasonable visiting distance?

^Nope. So far away from Ohio lol. I don't know if there's really anything to it. We've been talking since April 2013. Every day for about the first six months and then much more spaced out after that. Now you just never know. She won't answer one or two, and this one she just now got around to after a month and a half.

On an unrelated note I said I was OK with moving desks at work so a new guy could be closer to his product support team. I told my boss I was. But really I'm not. We had one guy leave and one guy changed products. So the guy that changed wants the guy who left's desk and the new product guy they're gonna hire could get mine, (directly accross from my boss',) so they could all be together. It makes sense, but guys, I was just getting settled in, you know?

So attempts at bonding with my boss are out the window (I sure do have a way with people!), and in a couple of weeks I'll be sitting among the most petulant product group and another section farther away from the guy mentoring me. And now my boss won't be right there, so if anyone wants to b-word at me for something, they can just go on ahead.

Neat.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 10-08-2014 at 10:11 PM.

She still hasn't replied back haha. It's like...I understand being busy, I work a full-time salary job and workout 3-4 times a week, yet I take the five minutes to email her back usually the same day. Sometimes it's like she kind of waits on purpose, especially after saying this last time she had more time now.

This, of course really underlines the fact that I'm ready to have an SO in my life...for the first time in years. I have a good-paying job and am more confident than I have been in a long time. I look the best I ever have. I'm a trim 184 pounds and in great shape. I think when you're feeling good it really shows, people can tell. I've been getting more looks from females lately.

Now if only I drank alcohol and was into the bar/party scene, I might have a girlfriend.

But I'm not. Those types of functions make me nervous.

Not being into the bar/party scene is a good thing, IMO.

Have you considered online dating? Or maybe doing meetup groups just to meet people in general?

Originally Posted by Firiel
    Not being into the bar/party scene is a good thing, IMO.

Have you considered online dating? Or maybe doing meetup groups just to meet people in general?
    I haven't really thought about it. I have difficulty in "forced" situations like that. I get kind of anxious when I feel like I'm job interviewing haha.

Platinum Member
    Try link removed, it's a really great way to meet people in general and you can usually find a group for just about every interest/hobby you may have, so it's a good way to meet people ( and potentially single women!) that share common interests. All of the meetup events I have gone to have been super relaxed and not weird at all.

^I may have to look into that.

Right now my schedule is like: work 9 to 6, gym after on Tu, Th, and Fri. Then right home. Home most or all of the weekend usually outside of the occasional lunch or dinner out or a movie. Then repeat. I think I kind of feel the lack of an SO now for the first time in years. I have a good job. I worked on myself all that time. Now there's a next step I wanna take, you know? I'm someone that always needs a goal.

So...

I'm in a good mood today.

Don't know why, but just am.

Must be that hoops season is near

Reporter: "Did Luke Recker only play 10 minutes in the second half because he
    was tired?"

Bob Knight: "I was tired of watching his defense."

image removed

"The point is there ain't no point."
    -Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice