Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Imsuperman Files

I used to cry and mutter curses at my ex while on bike rides. It helped give me angry energy and helped me release negative feelings in a positive way. So, hey, at least you aren't yelling, "You b*****d!" while working out.

Originally Posted by Firiel
    I used to cry and mutter curses at my ex while on bike rides. It helped give me angry energy and helped me release negative feelings in a positive way. So, hey, at least you aren't yelling, "You b*****d!" while working out.
    Haha yeah it's embarrassing to admit, but I use ENA to tell things like that. It's always when I'm doing dumbbell chest presses too for some reason lol. I'm all:

S thought you were a loser. She did. And weak. A weak loser. So did H. So are you? M liked you, but not enough to break up with her boyfriend...who she didn't even like that much. Who knows what current M thinks. Not much of you these days. Not like she used to. Probably cuz you're not strong enough. (Side note: What is it with women with M names in my life? They're nothing but trouble.)

Maybe I'll throw a dumbbell into a mirror lol

The power went out during my workout yesterday. I heard a familiar voice:

"Does that mean we have to go home?

"Just you, T," I said.

"Oh-ho-ho. J's here. And he's got jokes!"

Dark for a minute then the backup generators got us like one light in the weightroom. This place has only four scenarios where it closes:

Easter
    Christmas
    Level 3 snow emergency
    Nuclear holocaust

Other Stuff

Thought about email buddy a lot yesterday and I think it's best to start spacing out my replies to get her out of my head. She only replies like two weeks later anyway, so she's doing it already. It's best to just kind of distance myself from her a little. Tough now but easier in the long run. She's not into me anymore so I gotta let it breathe. For my sake, and mine alone. I miss talking to her every day like we used to, but those days are gone and they ain't coming back. It's just healthier for me to accept the new reality than try to get back the old one.

Other than that, my sister is making poor decisions. Our parents had to give her money from their savings because she overdrew her account. On Tuesdays and Friday night through Sunday she drives 30 minutes to her FWB's place. She wants a relationship, he doesn't. It keeps going. He's not even there some of the time, (like today, because he works), but she just hangs out there.

I could live a dozen lifetimes and not understand anything my sister does.

So the usual stuff.

Weekends

Weekends are always unusual for me. I'm almost always on my feet at work, so having two days off for the weekend is kind of strange. Sometimes, because I'm a big, big geek, I flip a coin. Movie or reading? OK, now video game or movie/reading.

I wish getting a girlfriend was just like that Dane Cook joke from the early 2000s (when his stuff wasn't bad) Like you can just pick chicks up at Walgreens. "Excuse me, where do you keep the chicks? Aisle 5? Ok, c'mon guys, aisle 5."

The Save

Have to start saving more money.

My first mistake was when I stopped getting cash out and only using my card three or four years ago. That makes you feel disconnected from the money.

New rule is I only eat out once a week. SO much money is going to food. I'm a big boy, I can make plenty of meals on the grill, in the microwave, the toaster, whatever.

image removed

^ I like that one. The artist called that comic "my first thought of the day."

Seeing Godzilla in IMAX 3-D tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Godzillawas pretty good. A lotta people whine about one scene where they kind of cut away from the action, but there was plenty of monster action for me.

*** (stars out of four)

Don't Stand So Close To Me

Well interesting day today.

A male co-worker who is in his sixties or seventies made an inappropriate sexual comment to me in the locker room. At the urinals. Implying he wanted to see my junk. I told management about it. It was the most awkward thing ever.

Told my head supervisor (my direct boss was out.) Then we told the building manager, who told us to tell the operations lead. She told HR. Hr talked to my head supervisor I talked to HR. Then HR talked to her.

Now they have to talk to him about it, but I guess this isn't the first time he's done something like this.

So I don't know. Gonna be pretty awkward, brothers and sisters. This dude comes in like every day. Like in the area I work. Even if say he gets fired, I mean it's not like they can ban him from the building, right? I mean they could, but would they? Public place. He's a member. So...gonna be weird.

I guess I made the right decision? HR guy said I did. I mean I don't know. I could live ten lifetimes myself and never dream of making an inappropriate comment to a woman I barely knew, and especially a co-worker. Geesh.

So yeah. It's all between me and management and this dude and no one but us and ENA knows.

Yep.

I mean I'm not like sacred or anything. But it's just super-uncomfortable. I didn't need the added stress.

Feels good to write about it. I guess.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 05-22-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Weekend and etc

So nice here. Supposed to be high 70s and low 80s all weekend.

Have to see how the business at work turns out. I don't know what they're gonna do. Most places have some kind of one-strike policy on sexual comments in the workplace, but I don't know. If I were to say the equivalent to a female, how long do you think I'd last before being fired? They didn't really update me yesterday. I'll have to check in when I get back Tuesday. He was in yesterday. I wasn't paying attention and he gently squeezed my arm (he's like always done that,but I never thought anything of it until Thursday happened) and said hey and I said hey back. It's kinda creepy now after what happened. Did they not talk to him? Looks like I may have to stipulate no contact...or something. I for sure need to speak with management again on Tuesday to follow up.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 05-24-2014 at 04:03 PM.

It turned out the work thing was just a misunderstanding on my part. I said cool. me and the guy apologized today.

Good to be moving on.

Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice