LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Imsuperman Files

The Old Days

Last night I had a dream starring one of my assistant marching band directors. Some years after I graduated he had a run-in with the law that involved alcohol and was fired.

He was always my favorite. We would have won every competition if he was our main director. He got things done. Kind of our own version of Bob Knight. You knew he was likely certifiably insane, but he knew what work was and what being a leader was, and when the main director was off, we had some amazing practices. If someone would complain, he would put his finger and thumb together and say he was playing the world's smallest violin like in Reservoir Dogs.

In concert season (after marching/football season was over) he was our director in the middle band. We'd have these silly "tryouts" for like the more prestigious band or whatever. I straight up told them I was happy with where I was because this guy was our director. One time he kicked me out of class when all I did was say thank you to someone for picking up a piece that fell of my trumpet, and I didn't even argue with they guy. It was my last period of the day so I was just like, "Cool." Then I realized I couldn't leave because I had to wait to take my sister home too.

So in the dream me and this other trumpet player were like hanging out with him and we were gonna be assistant directors in his directing comeback with a new band.

So anyway today I friended him on Facebook.

EDIT: Today is the 29th anniversary of Knight's chair throwing incident.

image removed
    Last edited by imsuperman; 02-23-2014 at 03:49 PM.

The Best Flat Top Fade in Hoops

Utah State's Sean Harris.

image removed

And you may ask yourself Well...How did I get here?

The first move I made with my tax return money was to have my resume re-done professionally. It should be finished sometime next week or early the following week. It was a lot of money but after the return I had much more than enough, and I figured it would be good use of it. Has anyone ever done that? Was it worth it? I'm hoping mine will be.

As I've said before I'm sick of my job hunt after nine and a half months. I thought it would be a good idea so I start getting more interviews. I'm working at it every day but it is frustrating trying to make the jump into the corporate world.

My sister divorced in December and may move out of my parents house to live with her new boyfriend (are they still FWB? I don't know) soon. I knew someone and helped her get a job as a bank teller in August. She has had a difficult time of it at that job. They asked her not to come in today apparently because she was out three hundred dollars last night. I wish I never would have helped her out with that, it's been so rough on her and I feel bad. I would never in a million years be a bank teller.

I pity her even though she is incurably lazy and can be mean sometimes. I know she still thinks I'm our parents' favorite and that must be hard on her, it would be on anyone. She asked my mother about it like a week ago and mom said she loved us both of course, but said that she (my sister) had caused her the most heartache with her decisions. Even still, my sister is really good to me nearly all of the time. She hugs me and brings me lunch unannounced more often than she should.

She says she wants to go to school for business. I hope she gets her two year degree, the most inexpensive route, and I want nothing for her but the most complete success possible. But she hasn't been in an academic environment for so long, and I don't know if she has the work ethic to complete it. I just want everything to work out for her.

I want everything to work out for both of us.

The Imsuperman Burrito

Brown Rice
    Black Beans
    Chicken
    Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Lettuce

Thought since I've had nothing to report lately, I'd report the burrito I get at least ninety percent of the time.

Just had one. It was so good.

Quiet?

I took yesterday and today off to watch hoops. This is the first time I've gotten off for work in a while. yesterday was nice. I watched basketball for about twelve hours straight. Mys sister's drama started creeping in today and it hasn't been as calming.

Went to the comic shop today and got the latest three issues of a Superman story arc that I hadn't read yet. Time to get caught up! I wish the owner there looked like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons but he's just a normal-looking dude like me.

Luckily that's over for the evening. I'm also ahead currently in my work pool in a four-way tie for first out of forty seven entries.

I've been slacking on this journal. Not much new to report unfortunately. Getting my newly re-designed, professionally-done resume out as much as I can. So sick of my current job.

Glad winter's over. The only bad thing about that is Jehovah's Witnesses and other solicitors coming to the door. I don't even answer if I don't recognize people.

Other than that, I keep trying to make positive changes. Something will break my way soon, I think.

Only Me Part 2: The Real World

Taking off Thursday and Friday allowing for a four day weekend has been kind of mixed. I've watched more basketball than a human rightfully should. I've only read a little of my new book, which I'll try to dive back into more this week.

On one hand it's been fun, on the other it's kind of been lonely. I only have two real friends. One I rarely see because he's married now. And I've just been seeing him less and less. And he's actually starting to get on my nerves because I feel like he only calls when he wants something. Like he's getting a new refrigerator so I can help him move...stuff like that. I'm just muscle. The other is my cousin, who's always been my closest friend. We see each other around once a month. We went to Cleveland for a basketball game fifteen days ago and it was a lot of fun. Good conversation all the way up. Our next outing may be seeing the new Captain America or something probably.

My pen pal/email girl has been fun. We've known each other for almost a year. She's almost like a Disney princess equivalent in my mind. She exists, but since she's thousands of miles away not really in a tangible way. I emailed her casually yesterday after she hadn't responded for like a week and a half and she wrote back today. She knows I like her but I am firmly friendzoned. Bane style.
    image removed

I think she kinda dug me a little too, at least for a while. But I missed some window of escalation and didn't act on something or other and boom friendzoned. I'm very adept at little changes in how a woman speaks, even in an email, and I can tell about when the shift happened for her. I don't even care. She's 22 and cute and writes lots of smiley faces and is flirty and a comic book and movie nerd like myself. She is an energetic woman who talks to me and doesn't see me as overly-distant. This is rarer than rare. And going nowhere. But I keep it up for my own sake. I'm happy to know she exists.

But yeah. It really has drawn my attention to my loneliness. I haven't played PS3 in like two and a half months (due to horrible internet speed, I don't play online, only single player.) I was going to buy a PS4 but ended up getting my resume done professionally. Jobs I can apply for are few and far between since getting my "pretty" resume. I just feel stuck.

I probably need a woman in my life. I need the companionship. That likely won't happen until after a new job and then...I just wonder if it's worth the hassle. As I get older I just don't want the head games and headaches.

I need to get out there, do something new. I want to change everything. But I don't know how to start.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 03-23-2014 at 08:03 PM.

I probably need a woman in my life. I need the companionship. That likely won't happen until after a new job and then...I just wonder if it's worth the hassle. As I get older I just don't want the head games and headaches.

I need to get out there, do something new. I want to change everything. But I don't know how to start.
    I relate. Though probably not a woman for me; a man. haha. But to the sense of feeling like a good shake up is in order, and having a healthy sense of ones own need for companionship and the good things when you meet someone really great who you want to be with.

And the sense of "meh. It's easy being single. Don't want the drama."

So since we are both posting this...I foresee something knocking us off our butts relatively soon .

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I relate. Though probably not a woman for me; a man. haha. But to the sense of feeling like a good shake up is in order, and having a healthy sense of ones own need for companionship and the good things when you meet someone really great who you want to be with.

And the sense of "meh. It's easy being single. Don't want the drama."

So since we are both posting this...I foresee something knocking us off our butts relatively soon .
    In my case though I'm not really in a position to meet anyone. I work Monday through Friday and then look for a better job usually after work. Since I only have about 1.5 friends, I don't really get out or have any help in that department. I've always been that way though. Going out or going to parties makes me nervous. I'm uncomfortable in those situations. My idea of a good time is watching a sporting event, concert, or a movie. I don't drink.

I think I eventually will get a better job, and I keep telling myself a woman will come after, but I wonder how much of the latter is just wishful thinking on my part. Just my income going up won't really change my social situation.

My email buddy made me realize there are some really great women out there though, and it's a big world. Even though we only writer 50-100 words per email to each other, I'm always happy when I see the little email icon next to the temperature on my tablet. Too bad she's in Croatia lol.

Exactly

[video=youtube;dqXmaFPn604] ]

I talked with an older friend last night and she said I definitely need a change in my life. She suggested a change in my personal life or vacation. She also said that everything I was feeling was completely normal.

The latter would be nice, but I might not be able to afford it.

The former...I'm trying. (Or I can try) But is it reasonable?

I feel like a fish in a fishbowl at my job and where I live.

It Keeps Going

Not much new to report as usual. Got my best job review yet yesterday. Nice to be complimented so much, but it doesn't mean all that much since I'm trying to leave and break into the corporate world. Boss is a good guy though. We've grown a lot closer over the last couple years. I seemed to gain a lot more respect from him when I went back to get another college degree. We have a all-time hottie that comes in here to work out and all the guys sweat her, and he says, "She is a great addition to this facility."

Email buddy AWOL as usual. Not unexpected, but it still sucks for someone like me who has problems opening up to people in the first place. I admit to missing her.

Might see the new Captain America this week with my cousin. Need to get away from home for a while.

I've awakened with a splitting headache for two days straight which seems to be remedied after a short while. Maybe it's my morning coffee. I wasn't a coffee drinker until after finishing college last May for some reason. Now I don't even want to take a pre-workout supplement. I just want my one cup of coffee.

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice