LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 127128129130
Results 1,291 to 1,296 of 1296

Thread: The Imsuperman Files

VP supports me. I know how to make these things work. But it sometimes requires a little extra muscle :) I start on an implementation project in addition to my regular job next month.

Itís been a good month.

I told my friend I hadnít seen in a while about meeting the VP and the background story. He completely understands.

Then last Saturday we hit the bar for a couple of beers after the baseball game. I love fall.

So what will be changing at your current company?

Originally Posted by WithLove
    So what will be changing at your current company?
    Iím unsure. Iíve made it clear that I want to be included in bigger things. My department decided I would be, then that I wouldnít be last year. I am being included in some project work, but am, as of now, still not on the team. We hear about our raises next week. I expect the usual 2% poop.

So my new boss who is actually my original boss, basically asked fave to face if I was staying. I said yes of course, but that I wanted to be able to explore my interests. That was all I said. My director hates me now. Most at work think grad school is too expensive and Iím crazy.

Iím betting on myself because they sure as hell didnít. Last year my dad said he told my mom at one point that he about wished he had died than see me the way I was then.

I didnít forget. So theyíre in or out. Same option they gave me.

If they find anyone else floating around that can recreate themselves this easily they should hire them over me.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 09-03-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Have you recently looked around for other companies? Maybe take a chance at a start-up? I feel like you could be really good at that, working with something from the ground up.

Originally Posted by WithLove
    Have you recently looked around for other companies? Maybe take a chance at a start-up? I feel like you could be really good at that, working with something from the ground up.
    Iíve applied around. a start up would be cool but thereís no security. Iíve only applied at very well-established places and Iím very selective. It would need to be just the right situation. I have a lot of friends and a lot of freedom where Iím at now, but what they did was wrong.

This wasnít all about me gaining attention, though that had to be part of it in the end. Itís more about me wanting to grab everyone and tell them to focus on the story and not me as the storyteller, you know? The story is that everyone was navel-gazing and needed to wake up. Why did it take so much effort?

Iím good at lots of things. I just donít want this situation to happen to someone else.

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 127128129130

Give Advice
Ask For Advice