Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Anyone here know how to do tarot readings?

shelty24

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, shes an occult hunter... she got you shooting star! I want to get a tarot card set, i just dont have time to read a tarot book.

hahahahahah thor ...

I reccomend Rider-Waite ..the most popular set of cards there is actually , but having said that you need to follow your instinct and feel what comes to you when looking . Maybe one day when you have the time to read about it all ....but for now you can just buy them and "feel" them and get your energies going .

It might open up a can of worms for me though, i used to read up on the occult and i ended up trying to summon spirits. I think i tried astral projection, dream-mastering through shamanism, wicca, druidism, etc. It was a cool time though.

yeah be careful ..make sure if you go with this that you ask for protection first . I can imagine how crazy and insightful it was though ....

I have had to enter this kind of world with gentle steps over the years and summoning spirits is something I could never do . I do feel spirits and the more open I become the more I sense .

You should try though thor you are clearly a person with a very open mind and your guides will be just gagging to get s ome communicating going .

I have to ask ...did you get freaky crap going on ?

yeah be careful ..make sure if you go with this that you ask for protection first . I can imagine how crazy and insightful it was though ....

I have had to enter this kind of world with gentle steps over the years and summoning spirits is something I could never do . I do feel spirits and the more open I become the more I sense .

You should try though thor you are clearly a person with a very open mind and your guides will be just gagging to get s ome communicating going .

I have to ask ...did you get freaky crap going on ?

I read a book, not sure what the name was - but it was a basic book on magick. I did the whole circle of protection, and you turn to each n,w,s,e side and did something for each nature spirit, or whatever they were. I stopped because i didnt see or feel anything. I started getting a bunch of injuries and i started to get sleep paralysis and i used to see shadow people. I started reading another book called the Key of solomon, where supposedly king solomon of the jews called up a demon and forced him to write out a bunch of magic spells. Well, i found that exact spell i did, except it was summoning DEMONS!! And obviously this book predates the magick book.

I closed the circle years later. I dont really believe they were linked though, because my dad gets sleep paralysis too and those exact same injuries too.

Besides that, nothing, no astral projection, no dream-mastering, never saw or experienced my spiritual guide or guardian angel. I was getting warnings in my dreams about my ex leaving me though, but that could have been things my subconscious picked up what i wasnt seeing while awake, that was coming out in my dreams.

Some astrology predictions i did were right when it came to relationships with certain signs.

My mom has some abilities, she dreams about death... and those people die. People around me see and experience things, i dont.

How about you?

Sorry for not responding guys. I thought noone responded to this and just saw it again now. I did a relationship reading

Her= the page of pentacles

Him= knight of cups RV

How she sees him= 8 of pentacles RV

How he sees her= 2 of cups

Her current fears= the towers RV

His current fears= ace of swords RV

Current issues= 8 of swords RV

What they need to do as a couple= 3 of cups

The future/outcome= the lovers

In general I thought they both want to have a baby but she fears the changes that will bring to their relationship and worries about financial security, he fears that he may be infertile. The last two cards are indicating they should move forward and take this step as they are ready. There is a lot of love, harmony and balance between them and they only have eyes for each other (2 of cups)

3 of cups= him+her+child or a possible engagement

The card confusing me is the knight of cups RV. I see this as an untrustworthy man but I cannot understand how it fits in here. I drew another card for clarification and got the emperor which is a good man

lol anyone else interpret this differently? Did I get it completely wrong?

The knight of cups rv is someone who feels like they are being made to do things they don't want to do, who doesn't like having responsibilites set out for them, who keeps aspects of himself hidden so they are not readily available to others.

The Emporer is someone who sets the responsibilites and orders and has been given the authority by others to do so. Powerful, but not necessarily nice. So I think it's interesting that she is the page, and he is the knight.

Honestly, I'm not sure she thinks he's the right guy to have a kid with. And he might not want to share her yet. They have to really be naked and honest with each other about what they need to commit fully to the relationship. (The card is Adam and Eve in the garden, and we all know about their decision making abilities.)

I am really rusty though... I like reading playing cards better, they fit my little hands easier

well I thought it was overall a good reading for them .

the knight of cups rv can mean jealousy which would fit in with the 3 cups him/her and another man ..or an interest or someone he sees as a threat . This is not to say that she is doing anything wrong , but it may simply indicate that he has concerns or that is his actual makeup ..some people are just jealous ...

the fact that she got the tower rv means any obstacles she sees or feels will be overcome by her own strength of character and determination in any given situation in their relationship.

the ace of swords rv for his fears indicate again a lack of clarity or confusion about a situation , but with the 8 swords rv in the position of current issues it confirm that there is unrest somewhere but they will be both open to a new perspective .

what I see is he loves her very much and all obstacles can be over come , there is just somehitng niggling away in the background that I feel is his niggle and not hers .

however ......you did the reading , and everyone of us could come on here and give a different story ...

so I say go with what you thought and felt , and the confusing card may well fit in with the child aspect and this causing him concerns ie jealousy and confusion .

again , overall I thought it was a reading that says they are very much in love but have just got something under the surface that needs dealing with ..and only they know what that is .

funnily enough I also get sleep paralysis , but only knew what it was about 7 years ago ..and have had this for as long as I can remember ...its horrible hahah omg ..I never told anyone for years , because I just couldnt explain it ...it was a friend of mine who I burst the floodbanks with one night because I had just had a really scary one ..and she was overjoyed that someone else had it ..cos she has it and told me what it what ...google is my friend and everything I read confirmed that it is indeed sleep paralysis .

If you want a real buzz you are supposed to let yourself go with it instead of fighting like hell to get out of it ..and supposedly you will do some serious lucid dreaming if you go with it ...I dare not hahahaha I can pull myself out of it pretty quickly actually ...maybe one day I will be brave enough to go with it .

It is still intersting that you felt nothing regarding what you where practising but then went on to have injuries . For me anything that needs any kind of ritual is a no no for me ..I simply ask the angels to protect me . I don't believe you can just open the door to this world and invite who you choose ...I am also very careful with what I dabble in because I have mental health problems which I feel can make me a little vulnerable in the mind department thor , if you get what I am saying .

I started to read up on witchcraft and spells and soon began to realise that it can be a very dangerous door to open . My friend is a white witch and I believe my daughter is "gifted" as well .... but will leave her to choose how she wants to deal with this . Even on sites that do help you with spells there are lots of warnings that you really really need to protect yourself and always remember ..these can come back on you tenfold . I know it is something I personally need to leave be .

As the years have gone on I have become more aware and receptive to spirituality ..again for as long as I can remember street lights go off when I walk under them , I have to upload my pics wearing a rubber glove or I break the card reader ..I see orbs , I feel things and sense things . Things will run through my head and an hour / a day / a month even later it comes to fuition . I knew my friends' friend would pass on my birthday and she did ...but she was terminally ill so I don't know that I felt anything the rest of her family didn't .

I had that a couple I know would split up ...that day he posted to say she had left him ( on a gaming site this was) there was no warning and he hadn't said a word .

there has been a situation with my mum and someone in our family and way back when I "felt" the warning signs that all was not well ....and it wasnt and isn't ..

stuff like that really ...I ask the universe for signs ...you really have to not fall in the trap of looking for them though , and I can tell you I get some amazing signs ..I ask about situations and people and will get that name all day ..I will catch a number plate out the corner of my eye and it will say something significant .

It's all out there ..just waiting for us to communicate .

Sleep paralysis i believe is tied to anxiety and/or stress. I had it when i was in the army, i did turn it into a lucid dream - this happens when you fight it and i believe you slip back into the dream that you start walking. I walked the whole grounds. But ya, when i have it, i just relax because i am used to it - i dont have the same panic that i think i am dead.

Well, i tried it all, i saw nothing. I took every route, i believe people see what they want to see. But, i do believe people in positions of office dabble in the occult, its in everything from our money to our monuments, they have even exposed political figures attending an occult ritual - its called clove something, obviously it didnt make the news, but its on youtube- even bush was part of the skull and bones, which is all occultlinked- if they work the occult and have all the earths power - then i always thought there might be something to it.

Thanks shooting star is there any course or book you would recommend to help me become a better reader?

there are loads of pages on facebook ..groups and groups of spritualists who help each other , teach each other and pretty much just guide one another through it all , some give readings and ask for feedback and thinsg like that . So if you are on just have a look and join a few groups , they are closed groups so your f and f wont see what you are writing .

book wise I couldnt reccomend one myself simply because I have never read one , but youonly have to tap it in amazon and loads come up .

You have it already inside you , that is evident enough , so always go with what you are feeling and what comes into your head . You are doing a fine job and the fact that you had the confidence to give your friend a reading speaks volumes .

oh god you are so much braver than me going with it ...hahaha I don't panic as much as I used to but wouldnt thankyou for having a session either haha .

I got quite interested at one point in the illuminati and the well documented handshake between these two

started to set my mind off in all sorts of directions haha once on you tube watching this stuff you end up following one link onto another then spend the next 3 months being paranoid hahaha

Archived