Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PTSD ,Out of Darkness Into The Sun: My Recovery

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am still doing really well.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Symptoms I live with

"Dissociative amnesia. The main symptom of this disorder is memory loss that's more severe than normal forgetfulness and that can't be explained by a medical condition. You can't recall information about yourself or events and people in your life, especially from a traumatic time. Dissociative amnesia can be specific to events in a certain time, such as intense combat, or more rarely, can involve complete loss of memory about yourself. It may sometimes involve travel or confused wandering away from your life (dissociative fugue). An episode of amnesia may last minutes, hours, or, rarely, months or years."

"Depersonalization-derealization disorder. This disorder involves an ongoing or episodic sense of detachment or being outside yourself — observing your actions, feelings, thoughts and self from a distance as though watching a movie (depersonalization). Other people and things around you may feel detached and foggy or dreamlike, and the world may seem unreal (derealization). You may experience depersonalization, derealization or both. Symptoms, which can be profoundly distressing, may last only a few moments or come and go over many years."

I am more cognizant now of the symptoms that have gone away and those that remain. I am also very cognizant that I can control the ones that remain.

No dad what about YOU?! Rage!

[video=youtube_share;IN64ta25VBA] ]

"Some people with PTSD who were assaulted will have nightmares of being chased, and the person chasing them in the dream might not be the person who assaulted them."

I had never seen that before. But it makes perfect sense to me. For 35 years I had dreams of people chasing me and trying to kill me.

"Why do I have flashbacks and upsetting intrusive thoughts?
    When you live through a traumatic experience, your mind processes and stores the memory a little differently than it stores regular experiences. Sensory information about the trauma, that is, smells, sights, sounds, tastes, and the feel of things, is given high priority in the mind, and is remembered as something threatening. Once this happens, whenever you are faced with a touch, a taste, a smell, a feel, or a sight that reminds you of your trauma, the memory (and the feeling of threat) comes back up and you might have vivid memories or flashbacks about the trauma. This is just the way the mind works. It is not dangerous or a sign that you are going crazy."

My previous scores on the PTSD check list were 60 before treatment. You're determined to have PTSD at a score of about 44. Now my score is at 36 after treatment of a year and a half. Significant improvement!

Replace sister with niece and you get how vicious my uncle was. And replace son with brother. And replace adult woman with child.[video=youtube_share;qUcMohewjvI]

[video=youtube_share;bB1gnz6Ttss] ]

[video=youtube_share;CWoGOa6WSKA] ]

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice