Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Spellings....

pippy longstocking

Do you have a word you just cannot get right , in the right context with the RIGHT spelling haha

mine is been and being ..

arghhhhhhhhhhh

I am fine with bean ....hahah as in baked bean

I am fine with being as in human being

put any other time .......I say again

arrghhhhhh

what is your spelling crisis ?

oh and feel free to explain the being /been for me

being is current, been is past tense - well that's how I figure it out..

Rosie has been a pain/Rosie is being a pain.. no idea ? xD

I keep putting your and you're wrong even though I know which is which lol... oh the which's, which, witch, I always spell sandwich as sandwitch lol... I just say sammich now lol... there's loads for me.. I blame the growing up with minimal hearing - cause if you cant hear words your less likely to be able to spell the cause you cant sound them out (Y) haha

oh of and off that one always gets me

Not so long time ago I made a post here and then was reading it and making face palms after face palms.

A word BREAK (as in break up) was mentioned in my post for like 10 time, and each time I wrote it brake.

Really though... English is not my first language. So I guess I can be forgiven)))

I also have problems with ones and once sometimes.)

haha butterfly I once did the sandwitch hahahahahahaahahahahahah

thankyou for the being/been ...I will try and remember this

it's damned texting that has done this to me hahaha , I don't do text talk , but I do shorten words ..I forgot to add a g on somethin (g) the other day ..arrghhh

yes larl you have the best excuse ever ...damn butterfly she has us hook line and sinker here hahaha

edit

making face palms after face palms.

oh I chuckled at this hahahahaha

try German though. when I first started learning it, and they told me a word for "sorry" is entschuldigung I was like WHAT. I need to be very careful in my life so I never NEED to try to pronouns that.

I am Russian by the way, so when people see our words, the also start facepalming like hell))) Здравствуй is a simple Hello in Russia, and that shows it all.

I thinks most languages have Hi, Hallo, Hello, Hey and stuff. But we decided, that our greeting should be something like "be healthy", and that is what Здравствуй means. Americans tend to cry on that one. Especially the vstv letters in the middle of the word. My German friends sounded like creepy pedophiles-serial killers when they tried to pronouns it, no joke.

My German friends sounded like creepy pedophiles-serial killers when they tried to pronouns it, no joke.

hahahahahahahahaah fab fab fab

I had no idea you are Russian ...I would LOVE to see your country ..I love the accent , I love the mystery of your country ..wow ..

I lived in Germany ..I managed this

1/2/3/ etc large beers

big garlic on my pizza please

nob head

I love you

that's it hahaha my list is complete

oh no sorry and this

no speak german

great !!! well I got through anyway

Well, I am actually Estonian, by passport and I was born there too. But it was a part of USSR till 1991, and both my parents were born in Russia by Russian parents. But I am Estonian, even though I can`t speak Estonian (it has disappeared from my head and was then replaced by German), I can understand it, but speaking... no.

When I was in Germany and people asked me about where I am from, 80% had no idea where it is, others heard that once we won the European song contest, and some thought I am from Iceland (Estland kind of sound like Island for them, I guess). I look nothing like someone who was born in Iceland...

There was also a milk farm where I went to get fresh milk 2 times a week, and a nice woman there kept asking me how are things in Poland. I told her each time its Estonia, but she still asked me about my polish family... I loved it)

In Germany, you don't need much if you know how to order big beers and pizzas)))

One of the things I learnt there also was "I have no idea". VERY useful stuff ))) You can answer pretty much everything with it, and sound cool)

try German though. when I first started learning it, and they told me a word for "sorry" is entschuldigung I was like WHAT.

This made me laugh, when I was learning German this word tripped me up too. Actually most compound nouns tripped me up, lol.

For English, I always spell "absolutely" wrong, I usually spell it with the wrong ending--"absolutley" for some reason I put the "e" in the wrong spot.

I always forget how many Ss and Cs are in "necessary" or where they go. Necesary... neccesary... nesescary... same word. The C and the S in that word make the exact same sound, why are they different letters, and why does there have to be two Ss? There is no logic to English sometimes. When I was a kid I used the think plum (fruit) was supposed to be spelt "plumb". It rhymes with thumb and plumbing has a B in it. Why not plum? English is gibberish and I admire anyone who can learn it as a second language.

I always forget how many Ss and Cs are in "necessary" or where they go. Necesary... neccesary... nesescary... same word. The C and the S in that word make the exact same sound, why are they different letters, and why does there have to be two Ss? There is no logic to English sometimes. When I was a kid I used the think plum (fruit) was supposed to be spelt "plumb". It rhymes with thumb and plumbing has a B in it. Why not plum? English is gibberish and I admire anyone who can learn it as a second language.

I know right , there is no wonder people get so confused ...

I get confused with the double letters sometimes such as

innocence

necessary

committment

mediterranean

Always need to look those up.

It's not my first language either so I need to look a few things up sometimes.

quirkybumablina you do just fine , I am amazed really at all of you whose first language is not english .

I have noticed that the american spellings often have a "z" when we would have an "s"

I am trying to think of an example but cant ...I will be back ha

• 3 weeks later...

Archived