Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people OFF

quirky

I thought it'd be nice to have this thread alongside the popular 'Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people on' thread

I'll start

if a man is too clean: shaved and smelling of cologne

if he's very well dressed

if he comes accross very confident and sociable

if he seems very successful/has lots of money

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small/skinny calves, but I imagine lots of girls are put off by that.

Tight/skinny jeans too... I hate that men are wearing them all the time! Teenagers dressing in that look I can understand, but if you're in your 30s and you're not the lead singer of a famous band, you should not be wearing skinny jeans ever!

The same goes for berets... Or just knitted hats in general!

Oh.. and SCARVES! I really can't stand scarves on men! Ok maybe if I lived somewhere where it was snowing I would feel differently, but I don't and it's not that cold that you need to wear a scarf! For some reason I think scarves are really feminine... even ugly ones! lol!

(Laughs) Back hair, small hands, pretty-boy men who obviously have spent more time with their blowdryer and skincare products than I do. And if a man even mentions the word "waxing" or "thongs" in relationship to himself I'm gone. I like my men to look like men, not GQ mannequins. (Sorry to all GQ guys out there, it's a personal preference thing okay?)

Women who wear animal print clothing, makes me think hooker no matter how "cute" they think it is.

Yoga pants/tights worn everywhere, yes I enjoy the view but I want to use my imagination a bit and don't glare when I stare you're advertising.

Tattoos (especially huge ones), they come off as "me too, see how creative and special I am by doing what everyone else is doing" (8-9 years ago I thought tats were kind of hot, then everyone got them)

The angry feminist type, who then demand a man do all the asking. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

The "Oh he's hot" commentary, save it for the girls; I don't want to hear it, I don't care if it's a date or just friends.

Men who get manicures and pedicures. Just clean and trim your nails at home.

Men who pilfer my fruity smelling lotions. Yes, I know it smells good, but I don't want to smell me on you.

Dermals. Ugh.

Yes ,men who primp and preen themselves. And get manicures and pedicures and waxings and this and that. Ew, not for me.

I thought it'd be nice to have this thread alongside the popular 'Weird things in the opposite sex that turn people on' thread

I'll start

jeez quirky, clearly you and I are not a match made in eNotAlone heaven. Except I don't wear cologne

oh yeah, I like cats too. That basically means we would hate each other! lol

Since the women are dominating this thread thus far, I will jump in:

1) Attractive women who have that "b#%chy, 'I'm better than you' look about them" - ya'll need to shop around for new personalities

2) Girls who flirt with you just for the sake of flirting (this is something you can ascertain. And no, I'm not buying you a drink.)

3) Vegans/vegetarians who constantly go on about their lifestyle choice and try to impose it on others (I eat meat. Deal with it.)

4) Flaming feminists who clearly do not bathe/take care of themselves/look like Pig Pen (there are more of these in NYC than you might think)

5) Tattoos on women. Yuck. Just no. (small, subtle ones are ok. But anything like Kat Von D, and we clearly were NOT meant to be.)

1) Guys who talk about one-upping their guy friends for hours, or pepper the conversation with "Wow, did you see how he did X? Now I would've..." Makes me feel like I'm back in high school in the boys locker room.

2) Guys who talk about their sexual prowess with exes or dates.

3) Oily hair. Ick. I don't care if it's "hair oil" that slicks it back, oily is just not something that my hands want to dive into, guys.

4) Overdressing. If we're going to a picnic, and you tell me to dress casual - a casually dressy cotton shirt and jeans is what I anticipate, maybe khakis. Showing up for "casual" in a suit and tie when I'm in cotton pants and a nice shirt is just... offputting.

5) Wrinkled clothes with the 'slept in' look. I don't care if there's a few wrinkles here and there. but looking like those came out of the dirty clothes hamper... just no.

Wrinkled clothes with the 'slept in' look.

I love that !

Oily hair

that too. Kinda like dirty hair, smells homely

That basically means we would hate each other! lol

We'd be friends! Clearly you're not messed up and weird enough for me, I go for the underdog 8)

I'll start

OMG, you would love me. lol

3) Vegans/vegetarians who constantly go on about their lifestyle choice and try to impose it on others (I eat meat. Deal with it.)

I agree!!!!!!!!!!

People have a right to whatever belief that want, but they shouldn't be trying to impose it on others.

I will not stop being an omnivore.

I don't like it when women drink alot. I don't do it, so it's a little bit of a turn off.

Girls who are really into hip hop. Sorry, but it's not my thing. And to me, it makes women look a little masculine when they try to rap. It's a total turn off.

Archived