I am a recovering cutter , in 2008 I almost died because I was cutting when I was drunk, my roommate found me in my closet blood everywhere , my wrist was cut open that my fat was pushing out of my cut. I need 10 stitches and iv therapy due to doing it with a old blade. I'm thankful I lived but lately I have been wanting to cut. My bf makes me feel stupid and not good enough , but I love our kids too much to leave. Here's what I think when I'm feeling down.

Sometimes I want to slit my wrists open, just to feel that release if blood n emotions. After the first cut and you bleed it's like your heart pumps a little slower, calming me. Then my body releases the painkiller which rushes over my body, making me think it's not real, feeling the high as i watch my warm blood trickle down my arm. What seems like forever is only actually a few moments.

I haven't cut my wrists in awhile mostly because I don't want anyone to know my secret problem , I cut the inside on my ankle not big cuts to bleed lots but just enough to push my feeling aside

Hello, im not too sure how you must feel being caught in that situation. But i just broke up with my gurlfriend who cut also.... I guess im taking it harder then i think cause my outlet is music and playing the guitar till your fingers bleed isnt a plesant surprise after zoning out. Im not sure exactly how you feel the way you do about it but whenever i catch myself accidently i take the pleasure of it away and concentrate on the unbearable sting of the metal strings. That atleast gets me to stop playing. But if youd like to discuss how we might both be able to stop, feel free to post again.

If your boyfriend makes you feel that bad, please break up with them. I suggest getting into counseling immediately if you feel like you want to cut, or check yourself into a hospital ASAP. You need to find a way to talk through your feelings. Its a matter of life and death. Can you call a family member or friend who will come stay with you or take you to their home?

Archived