1st Love

It's a lonely Saturday night here and all I can do is think about her...

So, I guess all I need is some opinions and anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

Situation:

- I've told my flatmate I've got feelings for her, but she said she didn't feel the same way

- She's seeing some other guy (for a month now), not officially boyfriend

- Her room is below mine, and I can hear them at night, even though they try to be quiet

- I only have a few weeks left and then I'll be leaving the flat, since university will be over

Of course I'm extremely jealous of that other guy she's seeing.

But the confusing thing for me, is that I feel like I should do something. As many guys would describe me, I'm being extremely 'beta' by not doing anything. I've told her how I felt, and that's about it, I never showed her how I felt. Should I try to be more 'Alpha' by trying to make a move on her, like sitting next to her, talking and putting my arms around her shoulders and seeing how she reacts? (I've only got a few more weeks here so why not at least TRY?)

I'm only asking because, during the year, she gave me very strong signs of interest. It was only that I found out she's been recently seeing this other guy that I confessed my feelings. I mean, when we moved in (we didn't know each other) she was asking me a lot whether I had a girlfriend, and she would hang around me a lot and occasionally sit on my lap (playfully), and everyone said we were so cute together, and she even once asked me "[name] when are you gonna ask me out" in a whiny tone, but then said she was joking afterwards.

Am I just over thinking all of these signs?

Now I'm left here thinking, maybe she's continuing seeing this other guy because I never made more of a move... what if I made a move and she went with me?

These lonely saturday nights are killing me.

And I've heard from my other flatmate that the other guy has called it off 2 times because he failed his assignments and stuff because of her, but now they've been seeing each other a lot. I don't know what to make of him, I only saw him once.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think you missed your chance, man. You really should've made your move when she was being (obviously) very flirty with you. She even directly asked you when you were going to ask her out... She was more than likely just waiting for you to make your move until she couldn't stand it anymore, and apparently someone else stepped up to the plate and managed to catch her interest.

I know it sucks, but if she's seeing someone else you should probably try to respect that.

Either that or you can just choose pretend this guy doesn't exist and make your move anyway. This could definitely backfire on you pretty hard though, so just think it through.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think you missed your chance, man. You really should've made your move when she was being (obviously) very flirty with you. She even directly asked you when you were going to ask her out... She was more than likely just waiting for you to make your move until she couldn't stand it anymore, and apparently someone else stepped up to the plate and managed to catch her interest.

I know it sucks, but if she's seeing someone else you should probably try to respect that.

Either that or you can just choose pretend this guy doesn't exist and make your move anyway. This could definitely backfire on you pretty hard though, so just think it through.

Yea, I feel like I've missed my chance but it's still worth a shot in my mind. Even if I get rejected, then at least I won't have the "what if" thoughts going on in my mind, and I only have a few more weeks of flatting here, so why not?

I just don't want to seem like I'm harassing her or anything.

Archived