Want to lose weight, but keep my big butt! Help!

oitnb

So I have developed a bit of a belly and I want to lose it. I also want to strengthen my arms and legs. But, I'm worried ill lose my butt in the process!

It's my one of my fav. things about my body, tips and advice to prevent this would be much appreciated!

squats. If you have pinterest, look up squats and there are tons of variations of squats you can do with and without weights. I do HIIT [high intensity interval training] with running/walking for my cardio. My thigh muscles are ridiculous. I do squats and lunges to make my butt bigger/toned. Kettle bell workouts are also extremely good for strengthening your entire body..arms, back, legs, butt. I get a ton of my workouts off pinterest though.

squats. If you have pinterest, look up squats and there are tons of variations of squats you can do with and without weights. I do HIIT [high intensity interval training] with running/walking for my cardio. My thigh muscles are ridiculous. I do squats and lunges to make my butt bigger/toned. Kettle bell workouts are also extremely good for strengthening your entire body..arms, back, legs, butt. I get a ton of my workouts off pinterest though.

Just made a Pinterest a week or so ago! I will be sure to look those up.

You can't spot reduce. Your body will burn fat off belly, butt, hips, thighs, etc if you start exercising and dieting. How much of your butt is fat and how much is muscle? There lies the answer. If most of its volume is due to fat, you'll lose it by dieting. Cycling is a great butt exercise, but it doesn't make it any bigger IMO, just perkier.

You can't spot reduce. Your body will burn fat off belly, butt, hips, thighs, etc if you start exercising and dieting. How much of your butt is fat and how much is muscle? There lies the answer. If most of its volume is due to fat, you'll lose it by dieting. Cycling is a great butt exercise, but it doesn't make it any bigger IMO, just perkier.

Gah I wish spot reduction was real. It would make life so much easier lol.

And I think I decent amount is muscle (tmi moment be prepared) - when I flex it, it feels firm all over, except a bit soft on the sides where it meets my thighs.

While it's true you can't "spot reduce". In my experience with weight loss, if you had the butt before the belly, the butt will be the last to go. And yes......squats will keep the beautiful butt lifted.

I've always had a decent sized booty. Yeah it got a LITTLE bigger when I gained weight but not that much. So yay! Maybe it will stay / and or get bigger haha.

Damnnnn back in my day they wanted a small butt! Along with small everything else! (except boobies!) And it's the only thing i had going for me!

Now they want SMALL stomach and big butt! The classic Pear. ugh. Those dammmmm kardasians!

Yes haha times have changed. I'm glad tho, womanly figures are much more accepted (as apposed to the flat as a board look)

Just become friends with weights, and you have nothing to worry about. True: spot reduction doesn't exist. But it's called "body building" for a reason. You can sculpt your body to a large degree.

Get real interested in this stuff. Learn, learn, learn. And your body can be pretty much what you want. The only limits are your natural build - and it sounds like your natural build suits you just fine (natural larger hips and a more plentiful booty).

Seriously, don't worry! Do it right; and you'll only make that booty 'pop' even more...cause your waist will be more defined, your whole body will be more defined.

Enjoy! (from a woman here who has to work 2times as hard as you to get a booty that pops haha).

Just become friends with weights, and you have nothing to worry about. True: spot reduction doesn't exist. But it's called "body building" for a reason. You can sculpt your body to a large degree.

Get real interested in this stuff. Learn, learn, learn. And your body can be pretty much what you want. The only limits are your natural build - and it sounds like your natural build suits you just fine (natural larger hips and a more plentiful booty).

Seriously, don't worry! Do it right; and you'll only make that booty 'pop' even more...cause your waist will be more defined, your whole body will be more defined.

Enjoy! (from a woman here who has to work 2times as hard as you to get a booty that pops haha).

Weights like lifting? Won't that make me bulky all over? I don't mind adding bulk to the butt but I don't wanna have huge muscles all over lol.

Weights like lifting? Won't that make me bulky all over? I don't mind adding bulk to the butt but I don't wanna have huge muscles all over lol.

Total myth. That's why I suggested you do a tonne of reading and learning about weights, and become friends with them. The myth: women get bulky muscles from lifting weights. The truth: lifting weights correctly and regularly makes you look HOT. haha. It makes you strong, look lean, and tight, and it takes a LOT (more than you can imagine until you TRY to do it - which I have) to get a significant look of muscle.

Total myth. That's why I suggested you do a tonne of reading and learning about weights, and become friends with them. The myth: women get bulky muscles from lifting weights. The truth: lifting weights correctly and regularly makes you look HOT. haha. It makes you strong, look lean, and tight, and it takes a LOT (more than you can imagine until you TRY to do it - which I have) to get a significant look of muscle.

Hmm. Alright! Ill def look into it. Thanks!

Archived