Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to lose weight, but keep my big butt! Help!

oitnb
    Platinum Member

Want to lose weight, but keep my big butt! Help!

So I have developed a bit of a belly and I want to lose it. I also want to strengthen my arms and legs. But, I'm worried ill lose my butt in the process!

It's my one of my fav. things about my body, tips and advice to prevent this would be much appreciated!

dangletsbang
    squats. If you have pinterest, look up squats and there are tons of variations of squats you can do with and without weights. I do HIIT [high intensity interval training] with running/walking for my cardio. My thigh muscles are ridiculous. I do squats and lunges to make my butt bigger/toned. Kettle bell workouts are also extremely good for strengthening your entire body..arms, back, legs, butt. I get a ton of my workouts off pinterest though.

happyfrank
    Try Yoga. Helps with Core and strength.

oitnb
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangletsbang [Register to see the link]
    squats. If you have pinterest, look up squats and there are tons of variations of squats you can do with and without weights. I do HIIT [high intensity interval training] with running/walking for my cardio. My thigh muscles are ridiculous. I do squats and lunges to make my butt bigger/toned. Kettle bell workouts are also extremely good for strengthening your entire body..arms, back, legs, butt. I get a ton of my workouts off pinterest though.
    Just made a Pinterest a week or so ago! I will be sure to look those up.

oitnb
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrank [Register to see the link]
    Try Yoga. Helps with Core and strength.
    I've always wanted to try yoga, it seems so... therapeutic.

happyfrank
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah2013 [Register to see the link]
    I've always wanted to try yoga, it seems so... therapeutic.
    It is but great work out.

CorgiBiscuit01
    You can't spot reduce. Your body will burn fat off belly, butt, hips, thighs, etc if you start exercising and dieting. How much of your butt is fat and how much is muscle? There lies the answer. If most of its volume is due to fat, you'll lose it by dieting. Cycling is a great butt exercise, but it doesn't make it any bigger IMO, just perkier.

MsAdorkable
    I second the yoga. I lost a ton of weight a few years ago and still have a nice rear (men say so lol). It shrunk some, but yoga does a lot to strengthen those muscles so its firmer and has an even nicer shape.

happpybear
    Platinum Member
    yoga is one of the best things you can do for your body, and mind

catcountry
    While it's true you can't "spot reduce". In my experience with weight loss, if you had the butt before the belly, the butt will be the last to go. And yes......squats will keep the beautiful butt lifted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Being Wealthy...
I hope that it's not a problem that I'm just going to jump in here (I just finished activating my acct.). I know some forums prefer you to write some
Tender around ears and down neck. What's going on?
Last month I started to have pain/tenderness behind and in front of my ears and also down my neck. It was a dull ache that just lingered. I did have
Mom I don't understand this
So y'all know that mom has been fightin the cancer for a while now. She's had very little to no mobility the past few months, and hasn't ate enough
Paxil Discontinuation
This is more of a rant but any advice is needed. Under advice of my doctor, we've decided after four years to discontinue Paxil. Although
When everything is going to sh*t?
Title says it all.....ive been really hard in my career and also relationship side of things for the past 4 months or so and it just feels like
What now...
Long story but I'll shorten it up. I come from a pretty well educated, well off family. They value manners and respect and they've raised me well
Overcoming Anxiety
For a couple of years now I've considered myself 'mentally healthy'. After years of depression and social anxiety I was feeling good or better. It's
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice