Could I be pregnant?

Angele

For the past week, my breasts have been really sore. I used to get tender breasts a week before my period hit, but since I started using progesterone cream for menstrual cramps, I don’t get it anymore. For the past few days, I have also been having low blood pressure, I’m dizzy and I’m nauseous now and then. And finally, this morning, I had some brown vaginal discharge. Could I be pregnant?

Yes, you could be. Or you could not be. Only a test will tell you for sure. Or, just wait it out, you'll know for sure eventually.

Honestly, if your period is 8 days away, then you ought to just wait out the 8 days and see if it starts, because if you're pregnant, it's going to be so early that you have a good chance of the test showing negative even if you are pregnant. Wait a week, stop agonizing over it during that time because you can't change it at this point, and see if your period starts. If it doesn't take the test.

Take a test after a missed period. I remember reading somewhere to wait two weeks after a missed period but i know there are tests out there now that can be taken sooner than that. Anything is possible if you've had unprotected sex but try not to stress yourself out thr next 8 days because this can also cause your period to be late (this has happened to me before while stressing over a possible pregnancy).

For the past week, my breasts have been really sore. I used to get tender breasts a week before my period hit, but since I started using progesterone cream for menstrual cramps, I don’t get it anymore. For the past few days, I have also been having low blood pressure, I’m dizzy and I’m nauseous now and then. And finally, this morning, I had some brown vaginal discharge. Could I be pregnant?

way too early to tell. Since you're expecting your period 8 days from now, you could be experiencing PMS symptoms, not pregnancy symptoms. Try not to stress as this could delay your period if you are not pregnant. Also, since you took the BC pill late your body is probably readjusting itself. Anything could be going on. Just wait until your due date for your period. If it doesn't come then take a test.

You are probably not pregnant, but take a test the day after your "period" is due just to be sure (I put period in quotes because when you are on the pill it is not really a period in the traditional sense of ovulating and shedding the uterine lining, it is just a withdrawal bleed) . It is not uncommon to have sore breasts for spotting when you are on the pill. If you missed a pill and then doubled-up, that can also throw your hormones out of whack and cause spotting.

Do you miss pills a lot? If so you might want to consider another method of birth control that doesn't require you to remember to take a pill every day. When you miss pills you are playing roulette.

I have the Mirena IUD and love it because I don't have to remember to do anything at all.

Archived