family courts and child support us broken and gender biased.

22n32

Well i just found out more awfull news.. im ordered to pay 1900 a month in CS for my new born.. I make about 4000 take home a month and my bills are about 2800 a month..

Does a new borm baby or any child need 1900 a month ? Thats absurd theres million of family that live off of less then 1900 a month.. plus i get to see my kid 6-8 days a month and i have to pay for things then..

Im not claming that i dont wanna pay . Im more yhen happy to give my last penny to my cjild and family.. but shouldny it be 50\50. No way she is gonna contribute 1900 a month. Kid is not needing 3800 a month its crazy..

My kid is in the worst. State in the country for these rules.. the court system encourages women to leave collect money and cause a tidal wave of broken homes throwing tje men into depression and poverty. .

Its based off of gross income but net gets taking out net term so its like 42-49% dep on health insurance.

Ive lost my kid or having any real bond with them, ive lost my chance at a family and now i will be thrown into poverty, how will i move forward, save build my life chance at meetinh someone to find happiness.. i cant believe im in the awfull situation. .

Courts are baised and tear familys apart and ruin lifes.. its all about the money, whatabout the bonding and fatjer child rel..

I see why women leave the guy, they get the kid and a nice payday every month..

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you hired an attorney to fight for your rights as a father?

Yes , this is what lawywr told me. 1900 a month and 20-30% time i have the kid.. so 6-9 days a month.. this is the standard in this state..

Its perfect scenario for thr mother, she has the kid majority of time , but has few days to date if she wants to and will have extra money to do so..

While the man is torn away from his kid and sense of family and thrown into depression and poverty..

Ive lost faith in human kind and the system we are encouraging to break the family values..

I second that one. We told you long time ago to get a lawyer. And if she's only five or six months pregnant how can you be ordered to pay 1900 a month?

I did get a lawyer, please no assumptions.. it will start when kid is born if i wanna have any rights to see my kid..

It's presumptious for the attorney to assume that you are only getting visitation and not joint custody. How can he/she assume anything? The baby isn't even here, a paternity test still has to be performed to determine paternity and then of course if you fight for at the very least 50/50 custody then your child support payment is factored with how much time you have the baby.

welcome to fatherhood man. I know how you feel and my only recommendation is to make some adjustments to your lifestyle. Unfortunately that is how the court system works. Its based on how much you make and how much time you spend with your kid will determine what you pay. I ended of selling some of my belonging, pretty much downgrade my lifestyle to make things work. At the end the most important thing I got out of it is time spent with my kids. GL

You haven't been ordered anything yet. A lawyer has give an opinion, and I agree you should get another opinion. Much will depend on what custody is ordered, you can certainly apply for shared physical custody.

b ) There shall be a presumption, affecting the burden of proof, that joint custody is in the best interests of a minor child where the parents have agreed to an award of joint custody or so agree in open court at a hearing for the purpose of determining the custody of the minor child or children of the marriage. If the court declines to enter an order awarding joint custody pursuant to this subsection, the court shall state in its decision the reasons for denial of an award of joint custody.
I would get advice from more than one lawyer. That sounds utterly ridiculous. Here they go by what you make a year and try to make it more fair. Even a guy making 100,000 a year here wouldn't be paying that.

This state u go by what u gross a week.. but it. Gets taking out in net . So im hit twice.. yes its unfair.

I have a buddy, makes 300k a yr and pays 8500 a month in CS. She left him and there was no problems. Just for the pure fact she will have hug income every month and be free.

Now she dates around and doeant work anf has 8500 a month to play with it..

System breaks men and ruins life.. i sorta understand why some men bounve on there responesbilty its not fair for thr guy..

I hate to say it but "It's Cheaper To Keep Her".

If you love your family then maybe you should consider working on trying to resolve things because I'm sure that she would prefer to be a family than apart from you.

Yes, $1900 is a lot of money and it does sound unfair but when it comes to Child Support they will not back down.

Agreed that this is presumptuous. I think your attorney is giving you the worst case scenario. Which well, he has to.

But if you are interstate, there's a whole different set of visitation guidelines(if you and Mom can't come to your own agreements).

You haven't been ordered anything yet. A lawyer has give an opinion, and I agree you should get another opinion. Much will depend on what custody is ordered, you can certainly apply for shared physical custody.

Dn i understand what ur saying, in her state 94% of women get sole custody and father gets visitations. .

In her state, women are viewd as nurturer and men as the provider..

Even if she claims she makes 10yr and i say i make 100k yr.. logicly i can provide a better life for my kid. Right ?

Well courts dont care here,i will just be ordered to pay even more.. this is what im saying it actually encourages women not to work, because they have no consequences for there actions, courts actually reward and enable this behavior.

Well, if a kid is going to be breastfed, there is no way you can provide that, so of course the mom will get custody for the first year.

I agree with moving to her city, you'll be able to spend more time with the kid. I know a couple who divorced, they live in the same city. The kids spend half the week at moms house, half at dads house.

OK, if you make $4K a month, $1900 is almost 50% of your income. I have never ever heard of anyone paying that much for one child only. A more normal amount is 12-17% of pre-tax income which would be a payment of about $600-$700/month.

You need to find another lawyer.

What state do you live in? You can almost always find child support calculators online for every state that will calculate a ballpark of what you will owe.

Have you looked at the calculator guide for her state? They have them online.

Yes i have it matches what i was told.. state and court goes by one guidline and theres no adjusting unless she is a drug abuser..

Movung to her city, i have looked but its small city and there are no jobs makimg as much as i do now, but my rent will be nearly the same, i might save 100 a month, but lose out on 2000 a month in income, people are moving outa there not in..

Im screwed anyway u look at it.. she has all the power everyway..

I never ever thought i would say this maybe its best i sign my rights away and walk away.. i think its what she is trying to do to me, how can simeone be so cruel?

I cant live my whole life in pain n depression and poverty. .

OK, if you make $4K a month, $1900 is almost 50% of your income. I have never ever heard of anyone paying that much for one child only. A more normal amount is 12-17% of pre-tax income which would be a payment of about $600-$700/month.

You need to find another lawyer.

What state do you live in? You can almost always find child support calculators on line for every state that will calculate a ballpark of what you will owe.

I agree 50% of your income is absolutely outrageous. I don't think they can force you to pay 50%.

Archived