What is it with some guys and hickeys?!?

Perplexingana

Why do some guys want to leave hickeys? Especially in visible spots like the neck? I just got a hickey after years of knowing why I hate them, on the neck! I hate them because I feel it's an animalistic sort of marking of territory. I mean when you walk a dog for instance it pees in a million different places to mark where it's been. Does marking a girl with a hickey ensure that they are not to be flirted with or touched? Are guys really that insecure that they have to show what is theirs or what they've had? I understand hickeys/love marks in non-visible areas, that is fine with me but the neck or places it can be seen are just obnoxious to me. I guess I'm more ticked because I was asked how I felt of them before it was left and I specifically said only in non-visible places and still this guy I am dating made one on my neck. Does anyone get how humiliating it is to be at work with a hickey and not only have your co- workers poke fun, but a customer ask is that a hickey. I know this is a super long post but can anyone please enlighten me?

It is not just men , women do it as well and I presume it is an age thing ...

or a territory thing

I know women do it too. I just have yet had a girl I've dated make a hickey on me, nor have I ever done it to either sex when I've been with them. I have only had these hickey experiences with some of the guys I've dated.

I think it is a territorial thing, but it's also a huge turn on, OMG the orgasms I have while someone is sucking on my neck! Sure, it doesn't have to turn into a hicky, but sometimes your in the moment and suck to hard or to long. I have defiantly left accidental hickys before!

I did have a guy leave like 3 huge hickys on my neck on Christmas Eve, on purpose, he was giggling about it after and made a joke about "marking his territory" as if I was going to sleep with my cousin or something, I had to go to the family function the next day, I have always hated turtle necks and do not own any. My family is not nearly as open to the idea of premarital sex as I am. Boy was I ticked off!

I definitely think it is something you do when you are younger - a way of like others have said making it visible to say 'look this is my girlfriend/I've marked her'. I had a lot of guys wanting to do that when I was in my teens...but not so much since.

It was funny though...a month or so ago, my husband and I were having sex and I accidentally left one on his chest. We were both really into it and I didn't even realize I was biting/sucking on his chest. Thankfully nowhere visible, but it stayed there for a good few weeks before it went away. I was so embarrassed...we are now in our 30s...too old for that lol.

I like being bitten and so does my boyfriend, but we make sure that it's not visible. I actually love to get them on my breasts so my breasts usually have 1-2 hickies on them. Again, nothing you can see. I just love being bitten! It hurts and it gives me a rush!

Neck is a no-no for sure. I wear scrubs and can't cover up for work. My boyfriend knows that. He'd be very angry if I did it to him because he doesn't wear turtlenecks.

Приветствую вас!

Купила для себя любимой не дорогую одежду в данном магазине. По вашему совету купила .

Сейчас тоже идут скидки, можно купить еще дешевле, поспешите!

И что меня удивило, что с примеркой на дом можно заказать.

Thanks so much for all of the responses

I like my neck being kissed and sucked on too, I even love biting but I don't want a hickey. I guess maybe I should tell him more seriously. It was disrespectful.

Happy frank: Luckily, I have make up and long hair so I hid it pretty well for the most part. It's not only bad on the company but humiliating for the person too.

I left a tons of hickeys on my girlfriend's neck once and I was embarrassed that she was leaving for work with a neck covered with hickeys. She thought it was funny and she didn't care because she has really long hair and it made the hickeys not visible. She said that she didn't get how I did it because she felt that I didn't apply anymore suction or bite her more than I usually do.

Trust me, I didn't want to leave her with hickeys but sometimes, when you are really into it and when it gets pretty hot, you don't really realize what you do lol!

Archived