How are YOU feeling right now?

Put down exactly what you're feeling at this precise moment. I find that writing down your feelings and emotions can sometimes help you exorcise the negative ones and reinforce the good ones.

Is today a good day? A bad one? Are you feeling strong? Are you feeling weak? Is the pain a little less? Is it worse? Get it all out!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is going to be a good day

The pain is still there, it still makes me sick to think I believed his lies however the pain is no where as intense as it once was.

I feel a little embarrassed because it has been over 5 months now and I feel like I should have moved on already lol.

I hope everyone else is feeling ok!

Pretty damn good today.

She mailed me asking to collect my stuff from hers, nothing important so I just ignored it. Felt upset, feeling good now

Been 8 days, been a good recovery on my part. Knowing my luck I'll be completely over her and she'll waltz back into my life.

Joe.

Today was a so-so blaaaah day. Felt a bit melancholy and overly analytical of things best left unexamined until I've progressed farther in my healing but other than that, I can feel the proverbial scar tissue over the pain getting thicker and putting much needed space between me and what used to be super intense emotions! Progress!!

Right now, all of a sudden, I'm feeling lonely. Haven't felt that way since the BU. I can't figure out why. I was busy all day with work and other things and felt relatively good. Then BAM: loneliness out of left field. Ugh. I hate being on the post break-up rollercoaster. I've been feeling like the more time that passes since the BU the more hurt. Like healing backwards? I started out so strong...

I feel down and kinda lonely but Im hanging in there. It's been three and a half months since the break up, doing much better but I just miss having her in my arms and always knowing I could talk to her about anything. I don't have many friends, she was my best friend so it's hard to move on from someone who you though would always be there for you.

Feeling good, but that might be the Ambien kicking in Was busy at work, and chatted with online friends this evening. Cleaned dishes for first time in over a week. That was progress. Planning meetups and I might have a first date in the bag. Reading AL Turtle and some of the threads here always makes me feel good:

Reading this stuff makes a HUGE difference since it covers everthing so well.for my situation. Hardly thought about her, and when I did, it wasn't depressing.

Right now, all of a sudden, I'm feeling lonely. Haven't felt that way since the BU. I can't figure out why. I was busy all day with work and other things and felt relatively good. Then BAM: loneliness out of left field. Ugh. I hate being on the post break-up rollercoaster. I've been feeling like the more time that passes since the BU the more hurt. Like healing backwards? I started out so strong...

That's how I feel too. At first I felt terrible, but was still dealing with it. But now... I feel worse. I think it's because the longer I go without him, the closer I have to come to accepting that he's never gonna change his mind. Acceptance is the hardest part of letting go.

That's how I feel too. At first I felt terrible, but was still dealing with it. But now... I feel worse. I think it's because the longer I go without him, the closer I have to come to accepting that he's never gonna change his mind. Acceptance is the hardest part of letting go.

That's exactly how I'm feeling today

Today was pretty good day. I know I'm making progress getting over her. I know its dumb because its been over five months. Im still getting there. Still feel the pain at times. But everyday I find myself thinking of her less and less. Just want to forget everything. Doing good though

I feel great! 5 weeks post break up and I haven't felt this good in a long time. I had a moment if epiphany when I finally realized that I don't want him back after all! Just like that and poof! He's no longer the most important person in my life. I am!

No more picking clothes from the floor. No more coming home or going to bed with TV in the background. No more cooking after I put in a full day's worth of work. No more hanging out with his miserable friends. No more walking on eggshells. My house is exactly I want it to be: quiet, peaceful, and all mine!

For the first time in a long time, I can breathe again. It's like a cloud has lifted!

I think you're right about that. I don't want my ex back but the longer it is that I don't hear from him the more I realize that I really did mean nothing to him. Accepting that and letting him go completely is turning out to be harder than imagined.

Meh...

It's an ok day, it's rained here for 4 solid days so that doesn't help much.....

But today supposed to be sunny and hot so I'll go work on the boat for the weekend and maybe take a short cruise.

Kinda depressed, but not about her, just the whole relationship thing in general...

It just seems so pointless, like they are all doomed to fail and whats the point of trying really,and it gets me depressed becaues I'm the type who is happy alone, but prefers companionship with a steady person who I adore....

Just seems like it may be too much to expect anymore...

A mix of heartbroken and angry. I feel tense through my entire back and shoulders and I feel exhausted. My ex is an inconsiderate, immature person who couldn't stop herself jumping from one person to another or running off with other people if her life depended on it. She's like Ramona Flowers, only this time Ramona is oblivious to everything she does. Hell, I've heard her criticize other people for things she does herself. Sadly her flirting is making me lust after her a bit and Im at the point now where (and I know Im going to get hounded for this) I'd rather call her out, do what I've got to do and then cut her out of my life almost entirely. This is ridiculous at this point, I deserve someone's full love and attention, not some insincere idiot's problems keeping her hands to herself. I tried so hard to keep it together for the sake of her depression and for our long standing close friendship, but I did nothing to deserve that and yet I'm left taking care of the mess. She's got some growing up to do.

I'm calling her out on this the next time I see her, and if it's not something she wants to here:

I feel great! 5 weeks post break up and I haven't felt this good in a long time. I had a moment if epiphany when I finally realized that I don't want him back after all! Just like that and poof! He's no longer the most important person in my life. I am!

No more picking clothes from the floor. No more coming home or going to bed with TV in the background. No more cooking after I put in a full day's worth of work. No more hanging out with his miserable friends. No more walking on eggshells. My house is exactly I want it to be: quiet, peaceful, and all mine!

For the first time in a long time, I can breathe again. It's like a cloud has lifted!

Awesome That is better progress than I have had.. But it's got to do with me texting him and being ignored LOL! I am happy for you! Can't wait to feel that way

Went for a swim and feel better now! A bit clearer in the head!

Today I feel sad, worn out. It has been about 2 weeks since the BU. I was doing so good with NC and feeling better every day.

Then yesterday, I saw him at the train station. I have been going out of my way to avoid him (he moved 3 blocks from me, we take the same train to and from work as well as work the same hours) but yesterday I would have had to ram other cars to get away from seeing him. I had to drive right past him. He raised his hand as if he was trying to wave, or get my attention. I looked straight ahead, I couldn't look at him. To much pain.

I know now, that my life is better without him.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

I've increased my self confidence and self respect 100x over since I was dumped. I've come to terms with my mistakes and let go of the past. I know I could have been a better boyfriend and possibly saved out relationship.

The reality is that it's over and probably gonna stay like this.

I have a very dull slight pain now.. I feel so much better and I've even felt okay with the probability that she has started dating another guy.

I would rate myself 8/10 on mental well being. This is huge for me! I was previously feeling like the world was dead to me a few months ago.

This morning I felt angry. Probably because I woke up to a text from an ex from 5 years ago trying for a booty call at 3AM. Ugh. That pissed me off and made me feel a little dirty and kinda lonely for some reason. I'm good enough for sex but not an actual relationship apparently. What do I look like, Dial-a-****? I like sex but my self respect is not an acceptable casualty to git 'er done. Besides, he sucks. Heh heh heh. But seriously, he does.

So that was this morning. By about noon I was grooving. I listened to this one really awesome song from one of my favorite video games that the London Philharmonic Orchestra redid. Pumped me up to the point that I was getting funny looks from my coworkers. They obviously don't know what great creative dance is.

So yeah, in this moment I'm doing swell. And hey! I didn't even think about my most recent ex till now! We'll see how I feel in a few hours, though.My moods are mercurial. Pretty sure it's something to do with wind direction.

I'm feeling pretty low. It's only been about 10 days. Ten long days with no contact from him. I wrote him a letter and he got it two days ago. I don't know if he read it or not, I'm trying hard to put it out of my mind. I've realized what exactly I'm up against- and it's going to be very, very hard. Maybe impossible. But I'm not giving up.

Feeling ok, I guess. Lots of questions floating in my mind. Mostly wondering why my ex, who dumped me, decided to block me first from her FB. I guess it doesn't matter since we have not talked in 2 months. I miss her less but sometimes I feel anger and feel like sending her an angry email telling her where to stuff it. But hey, that's life. I know I won't do anything, I'll keep on hoping some more that she'll talk to me until time passes and I just stop caring.

Archived