"Dumpee" becomes "Dumper"

loveandlive

Thanks to everyone for helping me see things a little differently. I've realized from what a lot have said on here, that I truly deserve better. My ex lied to me twice and I feel like a fool for forgiving him again. And the fact that he broke up with me almost 3 weeks ago due to built up resentment was a bit of a surprise. I understood part of it was because he fought hard to prove to me he wasn't going to lie again, but it didn't seem like enough. Until a week ago he unloaded all this stuff that's been bothering him with us that I never once heard before. So he kept it all in. Yet another negative about him. I don't want to live my life in constant worry anymore. I saw him last weekend for the first time since the BU and he wants to give us another shot.

He feels better now having let go of the resentment and finally telling me how he's really felt about some things. So here he is feeling better, meanwhile I feel worse about us. Things have happened since our BU that I saw of him and it re-opened that trust wound for me. I've lost more trust from the break-up and feel further away from him. I feel like I don't really know him anymore since he told me all these things I never knew before and thought everything else was good in our relationship. So thanks to everyone's advice, I've come to the conclusion that I can't continue my life with him anymore. I know a lot of people think it's great to have their ex come back, but it really doesn't make things better. Is your ex worth another shot really? Given they gave up on you and broke up with you, instead of continuing to fight for the relationship. I saw someone else on here post somewhere that they've learned if the person they date next time breaks up with them, then it's done for good. No turning back. That's my motto now too. I don't want to be with someone that will give up when things get really tough (unless they are absolute deal breakers) and if they do, then buh bye. NEXT

Anyways, this post is basically me thanking those that helped me with this decision. I haven't told my ex yet that I don't want to continue this anymore but I'm trying to figure out how to do it. He doesn't live by me so it's either phone, text or e-mail. I really don't want to do it on the phone quite frankly because he did it through text with me even though I knew it was coming. I've already typed up an e-mail to him so he can re-read and really understand my thoughts and feelings. Would it be bad to send him an e-mail? Then maybe a follow-up text telling him I sent him an e-mail. I don't want to end on terrible terms but I know he's been such a negative person lately anyway that regardless he might be a prude about it. Thoughts? Thanks everyone for reading!

Archived