How to heal when I have to see him everyday

-cr-

My boyfriend of one year broke up with me this week. The reasons are maybe pointless to list, but basically we'd come to a point in our relationship where he felt he couldn't give me what I wanted anymore, he's going through some sort of meltdown in his life (changing jobs eventually, moving, stress etc) and he's just not ready to permanently commit to me. We're in our 20s, I'm a few years older than him. He said he still loves me and cares about me deeply. He said he doesn't want to be with anyone else, he's just confused and needs to be on his own.

We met at work over a year ago, fell madly in love, were the "golden" couple etc etc. we had a connection deeper than I ever felt, and right now I don't think I'll ever love anyone as much as I love him. I'm terrified of losing him completely.

My issue is, I've always dealt with breakups in the past by completely removing them from my life. I'm not able to do that right now. He will be taking a job within the next couple of months that will require him to do a lot of traveling, but for now we still have to see each other almost everyday. We also have a core group of mutual friends, so seeing him around is going to be unavoidable. Everyone we know is shocked by what happened and thinks he's making a huge mistake.

How do I cope with this? I'm not new to breakups, I've gone through my fair share, but I can't even do what I'd normally do right now to heal. I've been hanging out with friends the past couple days and keeping myself busy... But seeing him this morning broke my heart. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that 5 days ago we were laughing and cuddling in bed, and now we can barely make eye contact. It's awkward, and I'm not sure how long I can appear strong in front of everyone we know. He's not coping well either, according to friends. Just don't know how to heal right now... Thanks for reading.

I'm sort of in the same situation the best you can do is accept, forgive, be strong and relax. Give him some space so he can sort things out and when you see him, show him the girl he fell in love with the one who was happy and fun loving. For the mean time you should try going out for jogs in the morning, its really helpful whenever your down especially when you want to clear your head.

It is very hard to see the Ex.

I found it helpful to say "have faith, it will get better" when I felt really sad and even strange when I saw him. You are right, they are like different people! One other thing - the first time I saw Him after the break up, I was so freaked out I gave him gave him this goofy wave. Like high school. Sounds silly, but it made things better and helped me to lighten up and get perspective.

im in the same situation but we broke up almost 3 months ago , it does get better but i am struggling more than i would in a normal outside of work break up. For me it was akward for a good month in a half but now we joke around and are able to talk without it being too weird i admit i miss him in a romantic way still but it does get easier give it time.

I am also about a week out of the break up, but in my situation we are still living in the same house and see each other every day. I also work just accross the street from him and dread seeing him out at lunch every day. It makes me sick to my stomach, and its all I can do not to cry myself through the day. I just want him out of the house and out of my life. It's torture to see him all the time and I saw him out for luch the other day, laughing and having fun. It kills me that I am miserable and he is going on like our 3.5 year relationship means nothing to him.

I don't even kow where to begin or how to heal.

Archived