Ask For Advice

Thread: Just got dumped a few days ago and this guy I met wont leave me alone. Stalker?

pandorasbox1
    Bronze Member

Just got dumped a few days ago and this guy I met wont leave me alone. Stalker?

Im not really sure this is the right place for this post, but here goes.
    Im a full time student, studying to be a psychologist (ironic, I know, since I can barely cope with myself at the moment) and in my spare time I am an au pair and tutor.
    Wednesday evening I had to attend an Annual General Meeting for the company I tutor for.
    I was a bit lost so asked these two guys if I was in the right place, which I was.

Since walking away from my ex on Tuesday, I felt like this would be a good time to socialize and meet new people (Which I havent done in two years just about) so I sat next to them and started chatting to them and getting to know them. They were cool, they were nerds like me and we had a lot in common.
    After the meeting I left and waved goodbye.
    The day after I receive a message from an unknown number saying "Hey is this N from the tutor meeting last night?"
    I had a feeling it was one of the guys but wasnt sure how they got my number short of asking someone from the company to give it to them?
    It felt a little stalkerish to be honest. I replied and said yes and asked who was contacting me, and my suspicions were confirmed.
    Turns out this guy seemed to have looked at some paper work at the meeting and somehow got my number off one of the sheets. This is a tad bit creepy and worrying.

I chatted to the guy and was very friendly and for a while he was a good distraction from the breakup. I told him from the get go that I just went through a breakup and Im not romantically interested or interested in dating anyone at this point. He said that was okay and he just wanted to chat. He has since then flirted and complimented me. I didnt reciprocate because I literally just went through a breakup not even a week ago.
    Since Thursday he hasnt wanted to leave me alone even though I said I needed time to be by myself from time to time. He contacts me religiously and the whole situation is starting to make me feel really uncomfortable... like he wants something I cant and certainly wont offer him...

From my view, I've told him im not interested and even if he does just want to chat as a friend, I dont want to speak to him every minute of every day which kind of seems like what he wants from me.. I dont even want to speak every day. Once or twice a week would suffice for me. He's coming on too strong and its worrying me.

Can anyone please offer some advice? This guy is creeping me out and making me uncomfortable

lizardking999
    Tell him to back off. Seriously. I understand how difficult that might be, it has been for me especially being a man. But you will need to make it clear. Because if he turns out to be a nut job, this is the first step in reporting this to authorities...that you made a clear signal that was not heeded. Some people can't take a hint, I have learned this recently in my single life.

catfeeder
    Have you stopped responding? If not, you're making this worse than it needs to be. Tell him you think he's nice, but you're getting worn down by all the texting and need to turn your phone off for a while--you'll contact him when you're up for it.

Then don't contact him until you're up for it, and don't respond until then. Period.

pandorasbox1
    Bronze Member
    I havent responded to him today at all. Just ignored it

Top Threads
What makes a man go back to an abusive woman?
So many of you will have read my story...in brief, I met someone who was just out of a 7 year toxic, abusive relationship. We dated for 2 months and
Happy 3 month anniversary of being single
Today marks exactly 3 months that I've been a single woman. I've reached my lowest lows, And I crawled out of it. I feel empowered and much stronger
I don't know where to start
I've been in a relationship for 18 years and it's finally over. After months of torture dealing with his psychological problems I found his online
Controlling ex
I really need some advice/opinions on my situation, as I no longer know where to turn..(last three paragraphs are my my real concern, the rest is
Trying to quit stalking.
I'm trying really hard to keep this NC thing, but is not being easy. I know by fact he does no good to me, that our relationship was toxic and I
Bf keeps breaking up and sleeps with other girls
Hi all, first: thank you in advance for any advice. I met my boyfriend 1 year ago. During that time, he broke up with me twice, once in November
There is an end to it! Hang in there
Hey all, There is an end to the hurt. For those of you who haven't read my story please fell free to. For those of you who helped me THANK

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice