Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Older son has an interview for a new job in January. If he gets the job, he will move to another state, which I expected.

Things are going well at his new job right now. But the interview came up, they found him on Linked In. And, well, it is pretty much his dream job. So he will take it if they make an offer.

I had dinner with him this week, so it was nice to catch up. He told me his boss gave him a project on Monday, and told him that it was complicated and would take him until the end of the week. My son got it done that day, and turned it back in at 4 pm. Lol. I think that small company will miss my son, if he gets the new job.

Younger son stopped by yesterday. His leadership class has them buying Christmas presents for a child on the giving tree. So my son had to shop for a 13 year old boy. He went to TJMAXX and got some nice things for him, and brought them over to wrap at my house.

We have always used gift bags, but I didn't buy any this year. So my son wasn't quite sure how to wrap the present. Lol. He asked me for help, so I showed him what to do. And also how to make a decorative bow.

I feel so bad for my younger son. He is trying to fill out college applications but is feeling very discouraged. He doesn't have bad grades, but his average is not 4 point. He won't have a problem getting into our state schools, but he wants to apply out of state.

My ex and I don't have a lot of money to help him much, but we co-own some property free and clear and so would not qualify for financial aid. My son is discouraged, because out of state tuition is so high.

I am getting to the age where people are starting to die from cancer, heart attacks, etc. My high school Facebook reunion page has listed 2 or 3 deaths this past year. Now I just found out that a college acquaintance died suddenly this past weekend. It is so weird.

And I really feel so sorry for the family- what an awful shock to have that happen in the midst of the holidays.

Yes I've been seeing that too Lum. My oldest friend in the state died a couple years ago from lymphoma. My other oldest friend who O knew from my home state also had a very invasive form of breast cancer, but she has had mastectomies and hopefully this is the last of it. She was always fit and strong, but now she is riddled with arthritis and she is a month younger than I am. Another in Melbournr around 8 years older than I am has only been able to get about on a mobility scooter for last couple of years. She was a nurse.

Visiting with my parents this week.

They seem to be in good spirits, and were happy to see me.

My mom has lost most of her words now, but she did recognize me and said "You're wonderful" several times. She sleeps all of the time. My brother said that people with Alzheimers need to sleep a lot, to give their bodies time to rid the brain of the offending proteins.

My sister decided to move in with her bf. She already have notice at her lovely little apartment, and will move into what looks,like a dump.

They have been together a few years. But then he had an affair on her and left her for a younger woman. After about 6 months they got back together. My brother and sister in law don't like him and how he treats my sister.

On Thanksgiving, I guess he ate 2 huge plates of food very quickly, then left the dinner abruptly, leaving my sister there with no ride home.

I asked my sister about it. She has to get rid of her beloved cat (she has had her for 17 years). But she already gave notice, so she will move in a few weeks.

She said that it may not be the perfect relationship, but that she has been very very lonely, and they just get along well. I really hope it works out for her.

I did tell her to hold onto her apartment deposit, and Not Spend it, to leave herself some resources in case it doesn't work out.

I took some new clothes in for my mom and dad at the care center. Not practical clothes and they will probably get ruined, but my mom had a big smile so I know she approved of what I bought her. And she liked the new shirt I bought my dad. (Not sure my dad was interested in it though, lol). So glad I did that - I tried to bring items with color, so they would look festive for the holidays.

My sister decided to move in with her bf. She already have notice at her lovely little apartment, and will move into what looks,like a dump.

They have been together a few years. But then he had an affair on her and left her for a younger woman. After about 6 months they got back together. My brother and sister in law don't like him and how he treats my sister.

On Thanksgiving, I guess he ate 2 huge plates of food very quickly, then left the dinner abruptly, leaving my sister there with no ride home.

I asked my sister about it. She has to get rid of her beloved cat (she has had her for 17 years). But she already gave notice, so she will move in a few weeks.

She said that it may not be the perfect relationship, but that she has been very very lonely, and they just get along well. I really hope it works out for her.

I did tell her to hold onto her apartment deposit, and Not Spend it, to leave herself some resources in case it doesn't work out.

Oh no! I wish she wouldn't do that!

Last night my brother and sister in law were fighting so much. First, about my sister's bf. Then my SIL was upset about things that were gotten rid of from my parents' estate sale when they sold their house.

Mt SIL is normally very gracious and kind, but I think she was stressed at having people over. It all worked out in the end- my SIL made pot roast, and my sister's bf was very nice aND charming.